FSFK 3.0 - FSFK 2.x log book

joeporter

I installed FSFK 3.0 and everything went pretty smooth although I had to reset a number of custom seetings and I LOST my logbook with thousands of hours. Just wondering if there is or was a way to recover those.

Any help appreciated.

Joe

Joe,

you haven't lost your flights - if you still have the old FLKeeper.mdb, which I am pretty sure you do. Copy the said file to your

C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name"\My Documents\FS Flight Keeper and rename it to Flights.mdb (Of course, first you have to move the original Flights.mdb somewhere. It is empty, but just to be safe, move it somewhere.

Then start FSFK and it will rebuild the database to the new format and bingo, there are your flights, logbooks, pilots and everything. I also copied SoundProfiles.cse from the old installation to this same folder and retained all my sound profiles.

Worked for me, fingers crossed.... :)

Regards,

Jure

Hi too,

I copied the DB from the 2.8 version into the new one, but there are missing around 20 flights in the DB and i made a backup of the flights before installing the new version!

Do you know a solution for my problem!

Best Regards

This should not happen. I have tested the update process even with 1.0 versions and all went smooth. Can you please ZIP and mail me your database or if it is too big make it public somewhere, so I can download it.

Thanks

Thomas

Ok I finally got the time to attempt this. I do not have my FLKEEPER.mdb at all. I have searched for it and it is gone. I do have a small file by this name with no data in it. So it looks like I lost many years worth of flight information. : (

Joe

Ok I found the file, changed it's name to Flights but it still does not bring up my data, I think may need to fix it on my remote machine since I run FSFK on WideFS. I will check this but, yes, the data is in the file, it just does not come up when I pull it after renaming it.