Reflective Cockpit Glass in F-16 - a query

GabethePilot

Yes, the VC has reflections on the inside but it is very faint right now. There's a discussion going on on weather to make it more reflective or not. Anyway we're working on that, but in my opinion reflection should be kept to a minimum.

And yes, speedbrakes open mean deployed. :)

Yes, the VC has reflections on the inside but it is very faint right now. There's a discussion going on on weather to make it more reflective or not. Anyway we're working on that, but in my opinion reflection should be kept to a minimum.

And yes, speedbrakes open mean deployed. :)

There is a very easy way to change reflections if the textures use DDS format...using a nVidia plugin for photoshop.

This requires two things - we need to know which DDS file needs adjusting and secondly, there needs to be reflections there in the first place.

So it's good to know there are some already, but ultimately 'more' is 'better' than 'less'....of course you could include two versions as not everyone has photoshop or the knowledge/inclination to do it for themselves. I think for an aircraft with so much canopy it is important that the amount of reflection is 'just-so', but of course this is highly subjective.

Whether......or not......you do this, is clearly up to you - to be honest an extra version wouldn't take more than a few minutes and then we can choose...! ? The user could then simply switch between the 2 DDS files to choose which he preferred.

Thnx for the heads-up on the speedbrakes.

I hope the F-16 is as easy to fly as the Acceleration Hornet - I managed to land on the carrier on the 3rd attempt...although I don't think I'll be applying to join the Blue Angels just yet !

Thnx