H1 Update

• Aerosoft

As you might know there is an update of the H1 being done right now. Some model tweaks, serious flight model updates based on some new information we got. One of the more controversial parts of the update will be the red wing version. It is simply not clear if this version ever existed and could simply be based on black and white images that were not correctly interpreted. But what the hey... it looks cool.

post-43-1225300895_thumb.jpg

post-43-1225300958_thumb.jpg

post-43-1225300968_thumb.jpg

As you might know there is an update of the H1 being done right now. Some model tweaks, serious flight model updates based on some new information we got. One of the more controversial parts of the update will be the red wing version. It is simply not clear if this version ever existed and could simply be based on black and white images that were not correctly interpreted. But what the hey... it looks cool.

SWEEEEETTTT!!!

Very good news indeed, and the red wings on it do look pretty cool. When the talk of red wings were first mentioned I pictured a brighter color in my mind and didn't think it would look good at all but in that shade doesn't look bad. Just ouf of curiosity I have seen posts about the canopy not opening at all but getting the message that it is opening/closing and hearing the sounds. Is that getting fixed in this update? Not to big of a deal, is just a nice touch. Thanks for keeping us posted with the info and I look forward to learning a new flight model for it.

Very good news indeed, and the red wings on it do look pretty cool. When the talk of red wings were first mentioned I pictured a brighter color in my mind and didn't think it would look good at all but in that shade doesn't look bad. Just ouf of curiosity I have seen posts about the canopy not opening at all but getting the message that it is opening/closing and hearing the sounds. Is that getting fixed in this update? Not to big of a deal, is just a nice touch. Thanks for keeping us posted with the info and I look forward to learning a new flight model for it.

The canopy thing was never an issue on test rigs and on most costumer computers. Sometimes ADVANCED ANIMATIONS was not activated, sometimes not the needed SP2 for FSX installed. These are musts.

Stefan Hoffmann

To be honest I never thought about the advanced animation option. I turned it off a long time ago after having frame rate troubles with a 757 and not really caring to much for wing flex, but recently turned it back on after adding another 1GB of RAM after purchasing the PMDG MD-11. I had to turn advanced animations back on because I was having problems with the speed brake and aileron animations on that particular aircraft but haven't flown the H-1B in the 2 weeks I have had the other aircraft. It works now though after fixing my FSX options. Thank you Mr. Hoffmann.

The update is good news. If there's a paintkit, even better. This is one of my favorites.

Query: can anything be done about the jaggies on the starboard wing? This screenshot is taken from the VC; notice the stair-stepping on the white registration numbers.

I have a decent video card (Nvidia 8800GT with 512 Mb) and antialiasing is turned on (8xS), as you can see from other parts of the screenshot (for example, compare the center post of the canopy).

ext6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...