Tahiti X. New Update Now Available.

Shaun Fletcher

Hello Folks,

A new update to V1.01 is available for Tahiti X.

As the update is only a few megabytes smaller then the complete version (work on the ground bitmaps was done)

we decided not to provide an update but only the full new version. So just download the product again and simply install it again.

The installer will offer to remove the previous version.

What's new:

* Improved framerates on Tahiti (including Tahiti Faa'a airport)

* Improved framerates on Moorea (including Moorea Temae airport)

* Improved framerates on Bora Bora (including Bora Bora Motu Mute airport)

* Changed water textures

* Improved elevation model in Maupiti airport

tahitix_10.jpg

tahitix_32.jpg

(1) I really like that scenario, I think it is tremendous value for money.

(2) Just tried the patch:

- I still have a lot of anoying hickup close to tahiti airport. It is like every 5-10s the hard disk get accessed for a Long time - like 1s. I dont observe that with any other scenarios I have (Swiss Pro FSX, France VFR, etc..). I think there must be too many animations that the system is uploading / downloading at the same place (birds + waves effects + dolphins). Something is clearly not optimized yet because Orbx acheives to load the same amount of animations without those stops. Outside the proximity of Tahiti airport everything is great.

- Somehow I used to prefer the old laggon bitmap.. I can see that some work has been done because we dont see the pictures of some water bungallows, but somehow the coral reefs are less apparents, but maybe it is just me. No biggy.

I really like that scenario, I think it is tremendous value for money.

Thanks ;)

I still have a lot of anoying hickup close to tahiti airport. It is like every 5-10s the hard disk get accessed for a Long time - like 1s.

Does anyone have the same problem with the 1.01 version? Sounds more like a problem with your computer than a scenery thing..but I'll check this out on my system.

Btw I can't say much about it without knowing your computer specs and scenery settings..could you post it please ;)

I have not been able to test the new update yet...

But a defrag of the harddisk might be a good idea after ahving installed a heavy weighted addon like Tahiti X !!

Infact it solves alot of performance problems.

Finn

Will try to defrag, cannot hurt :)

Got a quad core oc at 3.2 mhz geforce 8800gtx (SLI but not used) 4 meg vista 32 Acc/DX10. Latest nvidia/sounblaster drivers. Best computer mony could buy 16 months ago. Using 30'' screen 2560x1600. Ch Products & rudders, track IR4.

.cfg file is twicked to the death and I reach good fps on Paris France VFR fully loaded [4 layers of addons], CHPro FSX, Cote D Azur France VFR fully loaded [5 layers of addons], Alpes France VFR + LLH [4 layers of addons], Ultimate USA + Gex + Genesis, or Orbx products. I am under FEX & FSMap remotely on a laptop as well.

I tend to use very efficient planes from RealAir & Carenado.

so I would say my FSX is not perfect but not in bad shape.

So for tahiti it looks like Tahiti X + GEX + FEX ( no FSMap, would be nice to have a nice map though).

Only perticularity of the setup:

FSX is installed on the c: drive [2 raptors raid 0], Scenaries on the d: drive. Moving scenaries to another drive than the system drive did improve perf some time ago.

So when an anim needs to be loaded the c: gets hit (the SimObjets folder) whereas most of the time the d: drive works (accessing textures and .blgs).

Hello Sam,

Did you purchase the download product! If so it mentions how to update.

hi Shaun

YES i purchased the download product.

where should i read how to update?

ok mea culpa, using the 'recommended settings' the fps is perfect, I am just too used to have every to the max because in most photorealistic scenaries the autogen is precomputed. Actually one can be slightly more agressive than the recommended settings and still have decent results.

Does anyone have the same problem with the 1.01 version? Sounds more like a problem with your computer than a scenery thing..but I'll check this out on my system.

Btw I can't say much about it without knowing your computer specs and scenery settings..could you post it please ;)

Hi Bene,

I will check this evening. I already installed the new version yesterday, but i was too late to test.

Hi Bene,

I checked yesterday at Faa'a and Moorea. No problems here and the frames are really good compared to earlier version. I checked with the new PMDG MD-11 (and it's really a complex thing, with default planes I get 20+ FPS) and always got 15 FPS or more in that region.

It's really a pearl of a scenery!

Yeah for me lowering autogen from dense to normal and scenery objects from very dense to dense helped.

Therer are alot of objects near NTAA, I suppose thats what drags FPS down.

Finn

Wow!

If you folks with the strong systems are having to have to run at "normal" autogen settings, looks like "sparse" is the only way for me...

hi Shaun

YES i purchased the download product.

where should i read how to update?

Hello Sam,

Please reread my post at the top.

You need to redownload the main installer file again from your account and then install it to get the update :)

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry for asking ;) but is an afcad update for NTAA possible?

Comparing the "Parking areas" chart (http://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/fr/AIP%20PAC-Pframeset.htm) to the scenerys ground layout,

e.g. Taxiway "Lima" (between parking area "Golf" and "South") is missing ?

I'll check this..and if it's possible I'll change it in an upcoming update.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Shaun,

I have experienced that the Wilco Airbus 2 series A340-300 with the SEA - CHECKLIST MANAGER X conflict V1.01.

At NTAA 04 ILS landing final, the Error message "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart Flight Simulator and serect different graphics, scenery or traffic settings." has appeared and BTD!

It's no problem on V1.00, I have put back to V1.00.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Shaun,

I have experienced that the Wilco Airbus 2 series A340-300 with the SEA - CHECKLIST MANAGER X conflict V1.01.

At NTAA 04 ILS landing final, the Error message "Your computer has run out of available memory. Please restart Flight Simulator and serect different graphics, scenery or traffic settings." has appeared and BTD!

It's no problem on V1.00, I have put back to V1.00.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

This problem has been solved with v1.02 of "This update is highly advised for all users and is intended to be put on top of version 1.01."

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara