Prop Aircraft Problems

Woodmouse18

Does anyone know how to solve the following problem. :( On some prop aircraft, when the props are started, and also in flight, the props themselves seem to disappear behind buildings and clouds. Having used Photoshop, it would seem to me that the props are on a lower level than the building or clouds, which gives this odd effect. Is it something to do with Alpha Channels? This seems to happen to both purchased aircraft as well as freeware ones. Anyhow, has anyone had a similar experience, and what can be done about it please.

That's very typical of a "port" of an FS9 aircraft flying in FSX, Accelleration. There is no fix I know of short of getting the "real" FSX version. You don't say what aircraft you have in mind. Your best bet is to contact the developer or check their support forum and see if an FSX version has been or will be released. You will find responses all over the map.

Some are so old, or the developer is no longer available, that there never will be a new version unless someone different does it.

Some developers released "FSX" versions right after FSX came out, before Acceleration, that really weren't much more than FS9 ports. Acceleration and SP2 created a whole new list of challenges. That presented real problems for them.

Some commercial developers are releasing FSX versions that must be purchased as new products, some are providing free upgrades. For developers that are charging for "upgrades", remember, they have families to feed, housing to pay for and so on. Some of those "upgrades" aren't really upgrades - they are whole new products.

I have no connection to any product or developer - just a usually happy customer.

Glenn

Does anyone know how to solve the following problem. :( On some prop aircraft, when the props are started, and also in flight, the props themselves seem to disappear behind buildings and clouds. Having used Photoshop, it would seem to me that the props are on a lower level than the building or clouds, which gives this odd effect. Is it something to do with Alpha Channels? This seems to happen to both purchased aircraft as well as freeware ones. Anyhow, has anyone had a similar experience, and what can be done about it please.