Mega Airport Munich

Shaun Fletcher

Now all that is missing is Dusseldorf and I'll have my favourite spots in Germany covered

Well, I actually thought that the exisiting Düsseldorf is up to nowadays quality standard, amazingly, and that it didnt need an update as much

as the old GAP1 Mücnhen.

On a side note, talking about MUC, while I certainly await the new München, I find from the screenshots posted today that the ground texture

quality isnt as good as I'd expect from a new Aerosoft scenery. It still looks too much like the old GAP1 to my taste, not sharp and quite blurry (especially apron areas) but perhaps that will be worked out before the release?

On a side note, talking about MUC, while I certainly await the new München, I find from the screenshots posted today that the ground texture

quality isnt as good as I'd expect from a new Aerosoft scenery. It still looks too much like the old GAP1 to my taste, not sharp and quite blurry (especially apron areas) but perhaps that will be worked out before the release?

BETA!!! So we all know that some things are still missing. ;)

Hotel Fox, ground and apron textures arent 'missing', they're poor looking (compared to LHR,

PMI, CDG or even compared the latest Schipol teasers), not quite the same thing :)

• Upvote 1

hmmmmm.... - not funny.

@Arnaud: Should I better have written: "some things are not finished yet"?

The textures will change - Hotel Fox has understood it correctly.

So a second time:

- Developer shots

- BETA

- the release isn't set for tomorrow so expect some changes

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Upvote 1

Well, I actually thought that the exisiting Düsseldorf is up to nowadays quality standard, amazingly, and that it didnt need an update as much

as the old GAP1 Mücnhen.

True, building modeling is in line with today's techniques, however it lacks photoscenery, AESlite vehicles and all the ground clutter that adds to the realism and is par for course on the updated GAP sceneries these days. Might not be much, but certainly makes a difference imo.

Rainer,

My apologizes if I sounded blunt, not intended: it is my understanding that working ground textures must be the most painfull thing when designing a piece of scenery: much more difficult and painfull than actually modelling, building, painting and placing 3D buildings/objects on the scenery.

Mainly because of the vast area it consist in, so I am glad to read you're still working on it. Ground textures makes a good half of the overall scenery quality IMO. Thank you Rainer !

• Developer

Rainer,

My apologizes if I sounded blunt, not intended: it is my understanding that working ground textures must be the most painfull thing when designing a piece of scenery: much more difficult and painfull than actually modelling, building, painting and placing 3D buildings/objects on the scenery.

Mainly because of the vast area it consist in, so I am glad to read you're still working on it. Ground textures makes a good half of the overall scenery quality IMO. Thank you Rainer !

And when you know that, why did you post two statements like this? Posts like this will stop future "preview" Shots very fast, so don't try to bring up such statements before the product is final.

Btw: When you have seen any ground photoreal textures in the old GAP1,that was near to the quality of the "pre Beta" you see here, buy new glasses.

• Upvote 2

And when you know that, why did you post two statements like this? Posts like this will stop future "preview" Shots very fast, so don't try to bring up such statements before the product is final.

Btw: When you have seen any ground photoreal textures in the old GAP1,that was near to the quality of the "pre Beta" you see here, buy new glasses.

With all due respect that's very rude and inappropriate answer from a costumer service team, if I ever answered like that to any of my costumers (which many are very annoying but thanks to them I eat and live) at my current job I would definitely been fired by now. This seems to be your typical way of answering to your costumers (not the Aerosoft team which most are all very helpful). He should definitely had waited until the final screen-shots to comment as I do realize there is more work that has to be done in the scenery still, specially the ground textures. What I think he might meant is the huge difference between the level of detail in the ground textures (taxiway edges?, taxiways itself? grass?) in CDG or MAD compared to FRA or CGN, although it is much less visible in the latest sceneries like BRE. I do acknowledge this on GAP sceneries but still buy them as it's really minor compared to the whole quality of the scenery. Happy holidays everyone.

• Upvote 1

• Developer

With all due respect that's very rude and inappropriate answer from a costumer service team, if I ever answered like that to any of my costumers (which many are very annoying but thanks to them I eat and live) at my current job I would definitely been fired by now.

Btw: I am not member of the costumer service team, no employee of aerosoft and no member of the GAP team, I am a user as you are in this case.

But I am also a developer, so I know how the developer of MUC will feel, when here read such statement of a unfinished product, where all this parts are not even implemented now and so its clear for everybody that this screens could not look like other GAP airport now.

It's a good will, to show us user, forum vistors or future customers (call them as you want), how the state of the project is now, and if you feel it is respectless to say "you are wrong with your statement", I must say that it is respectless of a forum visitor (a customer of that product he can't be now) to attack this unfinished product in that form.

When the product comes near to final and there are wrong or missing parts to see an the screens, everybody with a local know-how of the airport is wellcome to give tips or give statements what he miss or where he feel its not correct. But not now and not in this form.

• Upvote 2

It's a balancing act to show pictures or not to show. But many in this forum here ask for information - so we gave them these.

Oliver and me we both know the designer very well, it is very easy to see, what's missing in the actual state of the scenery and what's nearly ready.

And to be very honest:

I had expected nitpicking comments to the screenshots in the german forum part where I had put the screens too. But they discover in the screens the differences to the older version, they laugh about the "landmark airlines".

Hm.... isn't nitpicking and to make all things much worse not exclusively a german nature? ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Upvote 1

All i can say is, bring it on. I will definately be buying this airport for all sorts of reasons, not just the flying side of it, as it has strong memories for me for previously mentioned reasons. I've always liked this airport. Shots look great for a preview, i'm sure the final product will be excellent also :)

Hm.... isn't nitpicking and to make all things much worse not exclusively a german nature? ;)

Ciao,

Rainer.

Oh no, no it isn't. You should here my parents sometimes :-P

To me it looks good, though. Never been there, so I wouldn't know how it should look anyway, but still.

Hello Rainer,

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the update. It is very funny when people start bad mouthing the product when it's clearly unfinished. I am quite sure the final product will reflect the great quality we always get from this developer.

Cheers and have a Happy New Year!

I too cannot wait to see the release of this great airport. I just want to say a big thank you to the Aerosoft team for there great work and to thank them for the update you guys do a great job. In respect to the negative posts I think we should just thank Aersoft for the update on where this is at and wait to see the final release it does look great so far. biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am really looking forward to the release of this airport. I always thought that this was such a beautiful airport in real life. I look forward to flying this airport in FSX. I know that you guys will do a good job on it. My credit card is waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Besides the fact that this project is delayed for almost a year it seems, on the pre-order page it says this will be an FSX-only product? Is this true?

That would be very sad, I remember Mathijs saying FS9 was still great for flying to the big airports, better than FSX< and that's why you bring you larger airport sceneries for FS9 too. But that is finished then? Or is the website just mistaken?

I'm waiting for a good MUC for over 2 years now,and then in the end it doesn't seem to come at all?!

Hope to hear from you!

Rgds,

Erik

• Developer

Hi,

Besides the fact that this project is delayed for almost a year it seems, on the pre-order page it says this will be an FSX-only product? Is this true?

No Panic, that's not correct checked in to this page and on the german page you don't even find this product yet.

It must show (FSX/FS2004).

absolutely fantastic to hear that!

Indeed, I almost got a heart attack when I read your previous words. :blush:

Munich from GAP is my year's most expected release as for airports.

Maybe (among other factors) because EDDM has the best and nicest VATSIM control I have ever experienced.

So I love flying there. Plus I was there in my real life (as a stop flying from Frankfurt to Catania) and liked it a lot.

Remember seeing a Hapag-Lloyd's A310 in the old livery, arriving from Tenerife.

I mean this bird: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hapag-Lloyd/Airbus-A310-204/1507083/L/

And yes, I would also love to see some more teasers providing that, of course, this project is moving forward.

• Upvote 1

Indeed, I almost got a heart attack when I read your previous words. :blush:

Munich from GAP is my year's most expected release as for airports.

Maybe (among other factors) because EDDM has the best and nicest VATSIM control I have ever experienced.

So I love flying there. Plus I was there in my real life (as a stop flying from Frankfurt to Catania) and liked it a lot.

Remember seeing a Hapag-Lloyd's A310 in the old livery, arriving from Tenerife.

I mean this bird: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Hapag-Lloyd/Airbus-A310-204/1507083/L/

And yes, I would also love to see some more teasers providing that, of course, this project is moving forward.

I´m sure the project is moving forward adn we´ll see very soon new pics!

Greetings

Christopher

• 3 weeks later...