Sound Barrier

drkl0rd

would it at all be possible to get a sonic boom effect on these great planes.... i have yet to see a descent vapor cone in fsx.. :( .and was just wondering if it could be done with these...its kinda sad to be able to go the right speed and not get that great sound off it.....

i love the plane no matter what but this would be a great addition to it! :rolleyes:

would it at all be possible to get a sonic boom effect on these great planes.... i have yet to see a descent vapor cone in fsx.. :( .and was just wondering if it could be done with these...its kinda sad to be able to go the right speed and not get that great sound off it.....

i love the plane no matter what but this would be a great addition to it! :rolleyes:

This is a great request idea; Could you post it again here: MODEL REQUESTS

Thanks and I'll back you up on it. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Nothing planned for that.

- The F-16 is designed to fly, not to look at from the ground and the pilot does not hear any sonic boom, they only audible difference at > mach1 is that it gets a bit less noisy in the cockpit because you leave some noises behind. And FSX has no good options to make the sound heard from a static position on the ground (and that would be the only realistic option)

- The vapor effect that is shown in in some internet images is something that is very very rare and in fact most of the images you see are photoshopped! And doing it in FSX would be rather complex and make fps drop seriously.

So sorry...

well i know that the vapor is possible because there is a freeware f-18 that has it.. :huh: .only thing is that it has to be activated when you turn the lights on....second there is a f-14 tomcat out there somewhere that i know that has the sonic boom and you can hear it and get vapor if you fly outside say in spot plane view. :( ...and i use this view alot for vids and pics when i fly with my team

but it was just an idea....you guys did a great job!

well i know that the vapor is possible because there is a freeware f-18 that has it.. :huh: .only thing is that it has to be activated when you turn the lights on....second there is a f-14 tomcat out there somewhere that i know that has the sonic boom and you can hear it and get vapor if you fly outside say in spot plane view. :( ...and i use this view alot for vids and pics when i fly with my team

the sonic boom is actually fairly easy to do there are freeware gau. files you can finf to install it. but i agree with Mr.KOK in saying that to few people would want it in all the birds as it is unrealistic,and would probably hit framerates again, they have to leave something for us to modify,improve,or personalize,i think that what alot of us enjoy about fsx.

• Aerosoft

Yes I know it's not too hard (although VERY hard to do it realistic) but it is all not what we intended. But the vapor is just not real and the sonic boom can only be heard by a static person on the ground. So it might be cool with freeware but the customer we aim for will frown at that. it's the same as the vapor effects at the wingtips that some customers expect. The F-16 just does not have them, yet they think they should be added because any effect is nice to see.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi to all!

about the sonic boom that u want, i have one in my F-16 of aerosoft so if u want the effect i can send u. contact me here or in messenger barakzo@hotmail.co.il or in email on barakzo@bezeqint.net (by the way i am from israel)

hi to all!

about the sonic boom that u want, i have one in my F-16 of aerosoft so if u want the effect i can send u. contact me here or in messenger barakzo@hotmail.co.il or in email on barakzo@bezeqint.net (by the way i am from israel)

Mr. Barak,

Would you consider posting it here for everyone to use?

That is if it doesn't break any copyright restrictions; or maybe just post a link to it.

Thanks! :)

• Upvote 1

Mr. Barak,

Would you consider posting it here for everyone to use?

That is if it doesn't break any copyright restrictions; or maybe just post a link to it.

Thanks! :)

I second that request Mr Barak

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

QUOTE (drkl0rd @ Oct 27 2008, 05:40 ) would it at all be possible to get a sonic boom effect on these great planes.... i have yet to see a descent vapor cone in fsx.. sad.gif .and was just wondering if it could be done with these...its kinda sad to be able to go the right speed and not get that great sound off it.....

i love the plane no matter what but this would be a great addition to it! rolleyes.gif

hi to all!

Hi, i'm new on this forum, since link doesn't work anymore, is it possible to get it back?