Mission Idea

jmbl24

In America they often do fly-overs with f-16's at Football games for college (NCAA) and Pro (NFL) games.

Maybe you guys can make a mission that you have to do a fly over at a football stadium with fireworks that come up as soon as you fly over or something...

There are plenty of football stadiums in FSX in America i can locate them if you want.

Just an idea, hope you guys can do something with it.

Here are some vids:

(fly-over at 0.48 min)

(fly-over at 1.14 min)

Here is a little special about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkMS7vViKQ

Sure would be awesome!

Regards,

Jmb

In America they often do fly-overs with f-16's at Football games for college (NCAA) and Pro (NFL) games.

Maybe you guys can make a mission that you have to do a fly over at a football stadium with fireworks that come up as soon as you fly over or something...

There are plenty of football stadiums in FSX in America i can locate them if you want.

Just an idea, hope you guys can do something with it.

Here are some vids:

(fly-over at 0.48 min)

(fly-over at 1.14 min)

Here is a little special about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPkMS7vViKQ

Sure would be awesome!

Regards,

Jmb

Yes, and making the stadium a GPS waypoint in your flightplan means it's designated, and so you always have a time-to-go readout in the bottom right of the HUD. Timing the flyover would be the key, and of course we have the perfect tools to do it in this jet.

I was thinking about this one at work today and I got thinking about adding a few more aspects to it.

Why not take this idea further and perform a Thunderbirds routine?

From what I remember from last years RIAT the T'birds have a four ship display and a solo jet. (Apologies if I've got that wrong I've only ever seen them twice, they don't come over to the UK all that often and thats what I remembered seeing.)

Anyway how about performing a set of solo manouvers and at the end join up with an AI formation to do a final fly past? Or something of that kind.

As you are probably aware theres a Paris airshow display routine using the A321 in the missions, maybe something like that could be done but this time in style!

i like the idea , you could have"BOSS" counting out all the moves as you do them and must stay in the count ill see if i can dig up one of my old clips of "BOSS" counting out the whole routine

i like the idea , you could have"BOSS" counting out all the moves as you do them and must stay in the count ill see if i can dig up one of my old clips of "BOSS" counting out the whole routine

Something similar and fun could be done even without a complete and official FSX "mission"...

Someone could use FSRecorder to record the AI planes one by one, doing the main 4 or 5 plane formation. Then it would be the job of each of us (having installed FSRecorder and the AI flight) to fly as the solo. The solo position involves some formation flying, plus lots of (obviously) soloing, where that pilot needs to be at a precise place at a precise moment. The GPS system could (well, NEEDS to) be used for this - just designate an appropriate airfield or intersection, then you've got the tadpole, the diamond, and the time-to-go reading all in the HUD, meaning you could do it all precisely and in style. ;-)

A lot less work, until someone goes all out and does an official mission.

the T'birds are just like the blue angels, they fly a Delta formation that consists of 6 jets, the diamond (1-4), and the solos (5-6) but that idea is great....if you want the 2-6 textures with a uniform and helmet correction i just finished them....you'll need 7zip or WinRAR or WinMount i think to decompress them....

the file is located here...

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/new11.htm

Something similar and fun could be done even without a complete and official FSX "mission"...

Someone could use FSRecorder to record the AI planes one by one, doing the main 4 or 5 plane formation. Then it would be the job of each of us (having installed FSRecorder and the AI flight) to fly as the solo. The solo position involves some formation flying, plus lots of (obviously) soloing, where that pilot needs to be at a precise place at a precise moment. The GPS system could (well, NEEDS to) be used for this - just designate an appropriate airfield or intersection, then you've got the tadpole, the diamond, and the time-to-go reading all in the HUD, meaning you could do it all precisely and in style. ;-)

A lot less work, until someone goes all out and does an official mission.

if the mission was as a solo pilot flying with the group when its time for you to break, we could use those mid-air squares and or arrows set up i the proper area and you have to hit them all ORELSE???!!! BOOOOOO or Quick somebody get a medic. or maybe a scraper to get you off the pavement.