Landing Lights

drkl0rd

i noticed when i flew the f-16 at night i have no lights illuminating the ground, i check to make sure that the taxi/landing lights were on and they were, so i was wondering if there was a way to fix this.....i cant see where im going at night :(

any help would be great!

thanks in advance

PS - the plane is absolutly amazing i love it, well worth the wait, you did a great job! :lol:

It's a known problem, the lighting is FSX really is a mess. We were able to get landing light on the ground in Acceleration but not in SP2 or the other way round. So we decided to have no light on ground (for now). I don't know if it will be possible to overcome this problem, but I'm sure it will be investigated.

It's a known problem, the lighting is FSX really is a mess. We were able to get landing light on the ground in Acceleration but not in SP2 or the other way round. So we decided to have no light on ground (for now). I don't know if it will be possible to overcome this problem, but I'm sure it will be investigated.

Mr. Vin/Mr. Kok,

Could you make sure that my FINAL RELEASE/BOXED copy has the Landing Lights TURNED ON for Acceleration?

Thank You.

is it possible that i can get the file that has them enabled for accelersation as that is what i am running...also i saw it before and now i cant seem to find it, but is it possible that i can get the code for the shockwave 3D lights?

I already own 1/2 dozen Shockwave/A2a planes with 3d lights. Do I need to cough up more $$$$ just for landing lights?

sp2/xp No Acceleration.

Also can some one verify that sp2 users who buy the 3d lights actually work on ther f-16? In specific the landing light.

If I spend $20 on a meg and 1/2 file for light and it does not work I will have a fit.

ps-nope editing out the defaults and taking off the // for the shockwave lights did not work.

Sure there is a way...........

I already own 1/2 dozen Shockwave/A2a planes with 3d lights. Do I need to cough up more $$$$ just for landing lights?

sp2/xp No Acceleration.

Also can some one verify that sp2 users who buy the 3d lights actually work on ther f-16? In specific the landing light.

If I spend $20 on a meg and 1/2 file for light and it does not work I will have a fit.

ps-nope editing out the defaults and taking off the // for the shockwave lights did not work.

Sure there is a way...........

The 3D REDUX Lights are already included in the F-16 for FREE. But, the elumination of the Landing/Taxi Lights on the ground has NOT worked properly in SP2; but, it has worked in Acceleration. So, they took it out of version 1.0 for BOTH FSX versions, just to solve at a later date/time with v1.xx.

Ok so no landing lights.

Ive been trying for an hour to get the hud in ils mode. I even broke a personal rule and read the manual.

Nothing I do brings it up.

On the hsi i pick up the loc but no glide slope.

So no night flying,vrf only and no weapons.

30 million $ jet and I am Gonna have my ass kicked by a Piper Cub :lol:

Ok so no landing lights.

Ive been trying for an hour to get the hud in ils mode. I even broke a personal rule and read the manual.

Nothing I do brings it up.

On the hsi i pick up the loc but no glide slope.

So no night flying,vrf only and no weapons.

30 million $ jet and I am Gonna have my ass kicked by a Piper Cub :lol:

:lol: LOL; yeah that was me in the piper cub. :lol:

But to fix the HUD and gauge issues click here.

For the rest, just be patient for all the fixes, etc. :D

Somebody named Scott last night helped me out THANKS! and sent me some files to replace the ones present. This solved my ctds and gave me back the use of the left mfd.

I think I had better just wait until a official patch is released.

I appreciate your help. Jim

Somebody named Scott last night helped me out THANKS! and sent me some files to replace the ones present. This solved my ctds and gave me back the use of the left mfd.

From one Jim to Another ...

Your welcome! ;)

BTW-Got the ils hud up.

I live in the middle of Falcon country with Shaw AFB and Kmmt "The Swamp Foxes" nearby.

Everyday I hear the thunder but by the time you hear them they are gone.

On occassion they bust the barrier and set off alarms but we are used to it.

I also have 2 good freinds who flew 16s but thats been almost 20 yrs ago.

The one who I still stay in touch with has actual combat time during Desert Storm.

I am a real world pilot with 25 yrs flying and .8 logged in the block c.

And yes I puked but didnt pass out.

A 450k dive into a 6g pull up and roll to innverted level out did me in.

They are old pics but I maybe able to scan them and show.

I will have to get him over and give this one a test drive.

He actually flies helis now and over a few beers he tells some good ol fighter stories.

Thanks again, Jim in Columbia SC.

JimJam:

I'm the one who designed the HUD and MFD gauges, of course with LOTS of input from a very talented and knowledgeable group of beta testers and developers. So you an trust the files I sent, but yes, I understand completely if someone felt it necessary to wait for the official patch. By the way, the files I sent you should match the files that are being copied if you were to follow Finn's fix.

Hi Scott. I installed those files as soon as you sent them to me. Fixed her right up THANKS!

What I am refering to is the link offered above to the temp fix until the patch is released.

Since we have already solved my problem, "If it aint broke dont fix it" rule is in effect.

Thanks again for going out of ypur way to get me flying.

Now if we can just get these lights figured out.

Or if someone can create a poor mans flir on the hud.