Arlanda Not The Best Taxi Lights

pdmm

Hi

I now updated my Arlanda airport and hoped for better taxi lights, since its quite hard to orientate on the taxi ways at night.

Screenshot:

The lights marked red, dont light at all.

The lights marked with yellow, why do they look so flat? I compare with those on the runway, because they are actually good!

Anyone else feel the same?

post-7000-1224163421_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello Folks,

Have you tried the Taxi Light patch that is available in the FAQs/Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com

hi Shaun

Thanks for your reply. I will try it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know if I should start a new thread for my issue. I have downloaded the taxi patch but now there are two problems with the scenery.

1. Taxilights are offset perhaps one meter from the "glow" on the ground, i.e. the lightsource isn´t where the object is.

2. The afcad is way off. Gatepositions and taxiways do not match the scenery. AI vehicles, aircraft and ground vehicles, are running over ground instead of taxiways. I´m using MyTraffic 5.2, could that cause this? Is there a afcad tool for FSX (which is what I´m running)?

Thanks Shaun. Just to be more precise, the mismatch is lateral, not vertical. I belive there is a texture on the ground that symbolises the glow the light would cast on the ground, this isn´t directly below the light itself, but offset about 1-2 meters.

Took some pics, hope this works:

arlandataxiwaylights.jpg

arlandataxiwaylightsove.jpg

• 2 years later...

Same at my installation, it 's looking really bad during night...

I'm using only Arlanda X with FSX accel and nothing more in Sweden, even not a mesh or something like that, but all center-taxilights are placed some meters to east.

Tried it with taxilights-patch and without.

THX in advance,

Joerg

Same at my installation, it 's looking really bad during night... I'm using only Arlanda X with FSX accel and nothing more in Sweden, even not a mesh or something like that, but all center-taxilights are placed some meters to east. Tried it with taxilights-patch and without. THX in advance, Joerg

Unfortunately thats the fix we got for the issue.

...hmm, ok I'll try again - maybe sits the problem in front of the computer and not in the computer.

Otherwise I'll keep quiet and delete the taxilights like you described already. ;)

Regards, thanks

Joerg