Aes For Ai Planes

BlinkNFG

Hi,

I wonder if you have any plans to expand the AES to include AI planes (obviously not all the features but maybe moving gates)? Imagine how good Mega Airport Frankfurt or Heathrow would look if all the jetways hooked up to the AI planes!

As FSX already includes some AES style features (moving jetways and baggage carts) perhaps these could be expanded upon if an FSX version is made? I assume when you add AES to an airport you have to 'do' all the gates incase the user decides to park at anyone of them - would it be a large step (I have no idea if it is or not!) from there to enable those gates to move regardless if the user was parked there or not?

Jon

Guest David K.

Wont work because the plane cannot give commands to AES! The finger(if it attaches) will stay attached all the time! Also as the plane leaves the finger will not remove!

Hi,

I wonder if you have any plans to expand the AES to include AI planes (obviously not all the features but maybe moving gates)? Imagine how good Mega Airport Frankfurt or Heathrow would look if all the jetways hooked up to the AI planes!

As FSX already includes some AES style features (moving jetways and baggage carts) perhaps these could be expanded upon if an FSX version is made? I assume when you add AES to an airport you have to 'do' all the gates incase the user decides to park at anyone of them - would it be a large step (I have no idea if it is or not!) from there to enable those gates to move regardless if the user was parked there or not?

Jon

I have enjoyed AES since the first time I installed it.

I really like the features, and how programs like AES and AESlite can sinchronize perfectly in order to create a greater simming expierence, I think that the focus of the sim should be redirected to the user aircraft, which is what AES and AESlite do perfectly

How about creating a script that allows AI to be controlled by and AES program on the ground.

this would allow for multiple runways to be opened in almost any conditions, not reliant on a specific afcad or weather setting

the ability to change runways or direction at will, or based upon the user settings.

to allow AI to use different runways in coordination with weight and other factors. so that Airports like FSDT KORD and JFK could have all runways at use

limiting traffic pileups and long lines, two of the things I hate most in FS.

Or a program that Scraps the FS AI movements entirely.

I have noticed that AI follow two distinct modes, there is the ground mode in which they follow the pats drawn on the afcad program, then there is the flight mode in which they fly to the given destination, what if AES could scrap the ground mode and have a completly new way of controling aircrafts on the apron and taxiways.

The AI plane would need AES pushback, or something on that scale, to get it to the line, The crews would disconnect the pushback truck and the aircraft would taxi to the runway

Ground control would issue follow commands at the busy airports as they do in real life

for example "speedbird 294, follow the airbus 319 to the departure runway"

or something like that

default AI already does this during approach, but this would be an interesting feature for aircrafts on the apron

the fact is, is that there are many things that could make AES better, however, AES is still largely being developed, there's only 1 oliver and countless scenery developers (i know there are many people that help with the development of the AES program) but for now what I feel most people are concerned with is that new airports are added

so suggestions may just have to wait.

• Developer

Hallo,

AES is running in the scenery Engine and there is no info about any AI Aircrafts available at the moment. Even when we get this data sometimes, it is maybe critical to handle the AI Traffic in the same way as the users, because they do what they want, means, you see the departure some seconds before they leave, I don't think that it is nice to stop the service in some seconds.

And, save your money, because you can expact what happens, when 100 AI Aircraft get the service: You need a 16 core 10 GHZ PC. :)

"And, save your money, because you can expact what happens, when 100 AI Aircraft get the service: You need a 16 core 10 GHZ PC"

LOL

Anyway it would be awesome to get something like this for teh Aerosofts Airports http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1340

=)

Hey BTW any news about new features of AES? I love the fact that the airport list keeps growing big, but i would love to see some new features, like bagagge carts or GPU's... just thinking out loud.

OH!! i almost forgot i have a question for you oliver! Why is that you dont let people tu post their updates of the AES textures? I thing having textures sets for specific airports would totally improve AES!

Love the product anyway.

best!

• Developer
Anyway it would be awesome to get something like this for teh Aerosofts Airports http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=1340

We have that for all new GAP Airports, called AESLite. Is part of the scenery.

Hey BTW any news about new features of AES? I love the fact that the airport list keeps growing big, but i would love to see some new features, like bagagge carts or GPU's... just thinking out loud.

When the time is comming.

OH!! i almost forgot i have a question for you oliver! Why is that you dont let people tu post their updates of the AES textures? I thing having textures sets for specific airports would totally improve AES!

At the moment AES don't support airport specific Textureset, so it make no sence. When we have it, you can paint.

Thanks all for your thoughts.

"And, save your money, because you can expact what happens, when 100 AI Aircraft get the service: You need a 16 core 10 GHZ PC." But FSX has moving jetways and bagage carts for all AI planes and it has fairly acceptable frame rates. I think if it was possible (your point about it being integrated with the scenery suggests it isn't possible anyway) to have AES for AI planes, there would have to be just basic features for the AI planes to avoid reducing frame rates to a crawl.