Progress

I don't know how you convinced your Dog to "turn to the Dark side" ... :lol:

Does he use Jedi/Sith mind tricks on you to get treats? :lol:

PS: You should use this shot as your AVATAR. :lol:

Thanks 4 the laughs. :lol:

Ha ha ha... no, I actually don't own any pugs at all. I have a collection of pug pictures, so I am just using them in the countdown to release. :P

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Do you think we could get a FPS vs hardware chart from the beta testers? Kind of like what PMDG did with their 747X.

I'd really like to know what kind of performance I can expect.

I always find that very hard, you seen the mess we got with the Bush Hawk where some people got unexpected bad fps and this created a serious support issue that stopped other folks from buying. No matter how detailed your charts is, you can never get it detailed enough to make sense. Let me give you some examples.

The right MFD shows terrain, traffic, beacons etc. And it can eat up serious CPU cycles when the terrain is complex and there are loads or AI aircraft around. You could loose 25% of your fps easy with just that display when you got it all at max. But I normally just have it show my flightplan and VOR's and in that state it hardly affects FPS at all So that could mean the difference between 40 fps and 30 fps with just one display. If you set all the controls in the aircraft to max your HUD will be unusable because it is way too crowded, your nav display will be solid blue with intersections and your radar will flip out trying to handle all the AI targets. And your framerate will be low. But most testers have never commented on the FPS, does not seem to be an issue. You need a serious computer and we'll screw up the requirements to levels that are serious and not just 'make it load'. In your case Vista will be an issue as this is a large and complex aircraft and Vista has problems with memory. But that's something I will not apologize for, we are not going to rip out details so it fits the memory bugs of Vista. Like PMDG we will advise XP. If you have Vista you might have some memory problems and can only hope SP3 for Vista solves those memory leaks.

What I will say is that it is about 40% slower then the Accel Hornet and we are damned proud of that because we got a whopping load more polygons and code to handle. Our models are between 7 and 9 times more complex (more vertices) and the gauges are far more detailed.

I always find that very hard, you seen the mess we got with the Bush Hawk where some people got unexpected bad fps and this created a serious support issue that stopped other folks from buying. No matter how detailed your charts is, you can never get it detailed enough to make sense. Let me give you some examples.

The right MFD shows terrain, traffic, beacons etc. And it can eat up serious CPU cycles when the terrain is complex and there are loads or AI aircraft around. You could loose 25% of your fps easy with just that display when you got it all at max. But I normally just have it show my flightplan and VOR's and in that state it hardly affects FPS at all So that could mean the difference between 40 fps and 30 fps with just one display. If you set all the controls in the aircraft to max your HUD will be unusable because it is way too crowded, your nav display will be solid blue with intersections and your radar will flip out trying to handle all the AI targets. And your framerate will be low. But most testers have never commented on the FPS, does not seem to be an issue. You need a serious computer and we'll screw up the requirements to levels that are serious and not just 'make it load'. In your case Vista will be an issue as this is a large and complex aircraft and Vista has problems with memory. But that's something I will not apologize for, we are not going to rip out details so it fits the memory bugs of Vista. Like PMDG we will advise XP. If you have Vista you might have some memory problems and can only hope SP3 for Vista solves those memory leaks.

What I will say is that it is about 40% slower then the Accel Hornet and we are damned proud of that because we got a whopping load more polygons and code to handle. Our models are between 7 and 9 times more complex (more vertices) and the gauges are far more detailed.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

YOUR F-16 ROCKS! - "I want it all; I want it all; I want it all, and I want it NOW!" :lol:

REGARDING VISTA's Memory Leak issues; is there a SP2 because you've mentioned SP3 here and I wondered if I missed that on MS' website? :unsure:

PS: I use VISTA 64.

Is there going to be a product page?

I'm looking for something that has multiple screen shots, videos, features, literature, purchase price etc. Is there already a page up for it? or are we waiting until the release Oct 22nd?

• Aerosoft

I was hoping to find more issues that could be 'shown' but all progress at this moment is in deep code and in cfg files. But there is a lot going on this weekend;

• take-off speeds of all models have been fine tuned
  • wing tip vortexes have been removed on all models (looks cool, but the F-16 doesn't have them)
  • we added some smoke/heat effects to the engine
  • twenty hours spend on the manual
  • profiles for TrackIR have been perfected
  • major work on the paint kit has been done

But here is one shot I like to share. While writing the manual I had to make some image to show how the F-16 works with tracking view systems. And this is a view that not many other addons could show without showing major problems, while my shot shows things you have not yet seen.

post-43-1224435785_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
Do the top of the guided laser bombs move when the aircraft do a Flip?

No, but they should not as they are directed by the airflow and not by gravity most of all. As long as you got enough forward movement they will be pointing directly forward. Now if you mean if they will be affected by AoA, of course, they will angle downwards as the AoA increases. Fully realistic movement. I'll attach two images, one at zero airspeed, one at cruise. Now any serious manometer will be done at limited AoA so in the air they will point more or less forward all the time. If they don't you are not flying but about to crash.

post-43-1224436697_thumb.jpg

post-43-1224436708_thumb.jpg

• Aerosoft
Is there going to be a product page?

I'm looking for something that has multiple screen shots, videos, features, literature, purchase price etc. Is there already a page up for it? or are we waiting until the release Oct 22nd?

You will have to wait.

• Aerosoft
Mr. Mathijs Kok,

YOUR F-16 ROCKS! - "I want it all; I want it all; I want it all, and I want it NOW!" :lol:

REGARDING VISTA's Memory Leak issues; is there a SP2 because you've mentioned SP3 here and I wondered if I missed that on MS' website? :unsure:

PS: I use VISTA 64.

Microsoft is preparing a new service pack for Vista. But I got no idea if this will help with the wacky Vista memory system. It is clear by now that MS sort of accepted the Vista / DX10 is not the game platform they were hoping for. While all games companies were wiling to develop for that as it promised to show major improvements (in fact FSX was supposed to be the front runner of that), MS was not able to deliver and in the end the FSX DX10 implementation was not more then a preview and not supported or documented.

I was hoping to find more issues that could be 'shown' but all progress at this moment is in deep code and in cfg files. But there is a lot going on this weekend;

• wing tip vortexes have been removed on all models (looks cool, but the F-16 doesn't have them)

But here is one shot I like to share. While writing the manual I had to make some image to show how the F-16 works with tracking view systems. And this is a view that not many other addons could show without showing major problems, while my shot shows things you have not yet seen.

Excellent! B)

Microsoft is preparing a new service pack for Vista. But I got no idea if this will help with the wacky Vista memory system. It is clear by now that MS sort of accepted the Vista / DX10 is not the game platform they were hoping for. While all games companies were wiling to develop for that as it promised to show major improvements (in fact FSX was supposed to be the front runner of that), MS was not able to deliver and in the end the FSX DX10 implementation was not more then a preview and not supported or documented.

OK, Thank you. I don't use DX10 Preview mode in FSX anymore but, I want to have that option with your products if and when MS releases FSXI (as a Full DX10 version) and if I want to use your products in the that version of the SIM or if they do something else to FSX - whichever! :unsure:

PS: I do have some "ISSUES" right now with Nvidia's Graphic driver and FSX so I'm concerned about that and the developements for VISTA SP's. Thanks for all the help.

As long as even Microsoft can´t give support for DX10, how on earth should an addon developers could !

DX10 is more or less a "cross Your fingers and hope" option. If It works then fine - if not Your on You own !!

When a developer states that his addon is DX10 compatible, it most often means that there where no issues found during beta testing, running in DX10 modes, and that all seems to work under DX10.

Even things written to the exact FSX SDK specifications does not allways work - better ask MS why !

Finn

As long as even Microsoft can´t give support for DX10, how on earth should an addon developers could !

DX10 is more or less a "cross Your fingers and hope" option. If It works then fine - if not Your on You own !!

When a developer states that his addon is DX10 compatible, it most often means that there where no issues found during beta testing, running in DX10 modes, and that all seems to work under DX10.

Even things written to the exact FSX SDK specifications does not allways work - better ask MS why !

Finn

Mr. Finn,

I'm NOT asking you to make it work in DirectX10; I'm asking you if it does or doesn't? A simple honest "YES" or "NO" is all I want. Can you/Mr. Kok or other staff convey that to me, please? It will NOT change my decisions to buy things; it is ONLY so that I'm informed about what I'm buying.

Thank you. :)

Well then I misundertood You once more - sorry !!

But according to this:

OK, Thank you. I don't use DX10 Preview mode in FSX anymore but, I want to have that option with your products if and when MS releases FSXI (as a Full DX10 version) and if I want to use your products in the that version of the SIM or if they do something else to FSX - whichever!

I simply understood it, as if You expected the F-16 be DX10 compatible.

And my answer to wheras it will be DX10 compatible is: I don´t know, since I´m on Windows XP with an older graphicscard.

So I better let others answer that.

An regarding MS FSXI - Nobody knows if FSX aircraft will work in that sim once it´s finished - I guess not even MS.

Finn

I simply understood it, as if You expected the F-16 be DX10 compatible.

And my answer to wheras it will be DX10 compatible is: I don´t know, since I´m on Windows XP with an older graphicscard.

So I better let others answer that.

Finn

Thank you Mr. Finn!

I'll wait for Mr. Kok/Mr. Fletcher or some other staff member to confirm that for this list of products I want to purchase HERE. :)

heat effects??? something like the blurry of the engine??!!! you got a pic from this?!

best regards

• Aerosoft
heat effects??? something like the blurry of the engine??!!! you got a pic from this?!

best regards

Well an image would make very little sense as it does not really show well on a static image and it is very faint. I have yet to see a good heat effect in FSX, would be a killer feature.

• Aerosoft
hey guys,

question, ? is it possibe that you can upload a video of the sound off the plane so that we have an example about how he sounds

thx,

Sorry not at this moment. But it is full FSX sound, with cones etc. in front of the aircraft you will hear the whine of the rotor and the air being sucked in and at the back you hear the roar of the engine. Pretty impressive.

Ahh there is a demo... our sound set is done by Turbine Sound Studios and they sell the sound set separate as well (11 Euro's and the whole F-16 will be 30 Euro, how is that for value!). They got a demo at: http://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-...soundpack.phtml

Sorry not at this moment. But it is full FSX sound, with cones etc. in front of the aircraft you will hear the whine of the rotor and the air being sucked in and at the back you hear the roar of the engine. Pretty impressive.

Ahh there is a demo... our sound set is done by Turbine Sound Studios and they sell the sound set separate as well (11 Euro's and the whole F-16 will be 30 Euro, how is that for value!). They got a demo at: http://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-...soundpack.phtml

Hello Mathijs,

What does it mean: "11 Euro's and the whole F-16 will be 30 Euro, how is that for value!"?

I must buy the sound package extra, or is it included in the (boxed) version of the viper?

regards

Dave