Progress

• Aerosoft

I hope to be able to give daily updates on what is happening.

Today we finalized the external light. Navigation, Formation, Strobe they all work. Landing lights are still a mess, but believe me, ALL lights are a mess in FSX. The worst is that it is NOT possible to fix them to the model. No matter what you do the change location as you change your view position. So you make them look perfect looking from left front but when you move to right aft you find them either floating above the model or sunk inside the model And that is just before you find out that there are no surfaces in FSX that totally block lights. Urgh. See image that shows navigation lights (red/green) and formation lights (white and shining backwards).

And the MFD's are getting better. The radar is now able to lock targets and show the data on the target. The other display is now able to show the actual layout of the external loads. Was a major problem as we did not want to have 20 panel folders. But it will work and it looks great. You will be able to see on the display what's under your aircraft. See image. Keep in mind that for ANY of the 20 different external models you will have a separate flight model. So don't come knocking when you can't pull 9 G's in that Norwegian model that has anything except the kitchen sink underneath.

post-43-1223573156_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223573166_thumb.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure can confirm the FSX "floating light syndrome". I spent the best part of an evening trying to get those wing nav lights just right, I was never able to get them to stay in the right place.

"... Landing lights are still a mess ...."

Gentlemen,

I noticed that in an earlier BETA version screenshot, where the lights were bleeding through the fuselage, but I figured you would get to it eventually. I do have a minor request, since you are working on it...

I use A2A/Shockwave 3D-Lights REDUX and was wondering if some one responsible for lighting would give us a configuration file for their 3D-REDUX lights? (like they did with their installation of the F/A-18 which significantly improved the interior and exterior visuals of the pit and model)

If this hasn't been implemented already, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, Mr. Kok, do you want a pic of my Face for the pilots head shot (for my copy) or will it be a AeroSelect FSX utility program self install? And, if so how much $$$ are we talking??? :D

PS: Keep up the hard work Dag! ;)

• Aerosoft
"... Landing lights are still a mess ...."

Gentlemen,

I noticed that in an earlier BETA version screenshot, where the lights were bleeding through the fuselage, but I figured you would get to it eventually. I do have a minor request, since you are working on it...

I use A2A/Shockwave 3D-Lights REDUX and was wondering if some one responsible for lighting would give us a configuration file for their 3D-REDUX lights? (like they did with their installation of the F/A-18 which significantly improved the interior and exterior visuals of the pit and model)

If this hasn't been implemented already, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, Mr. Kok, do you want a pic of my Face for the pilots head shot (for my copy) or will it be a AeroSelect FSX utility program self install? And, if so how much $$ are we talking??? :D

PS: Keep up the hard work Dag! ;)

I don't have the Redux lights (but will get them today). Yet all lights are defined in the aircraft.cfg and not in the mdl so easy to replace.

I don't have the Redux lights (but will get them today). Yet all lights are defined in the aircraft.cfg and not in the mdl so easy to replace.

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Thank you for indulging me with this request ... Moreover, since you've been kind enough to give the F-16 to me freely; which I greatly appreciate; I must ask, what about my F-16 Pilot face picture? What must I do and for how much? Since this is not part of the product, I don't mind contributing to it financially and the charity organization, which you've posted on your shop; to which I will gladly contribute and will take that up with Ms. Nicole during the purchase transaction. Thank you very much.

PS: You'll like 3D-Light REDUX very much; I hope you can get it licensed to add it to all your aircraft models in the future - I makes a hugh difference. B)

• Aerosoft
Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Thank you for indulging me with this request ... Moreover, since you've been kind enough to give the F-16 to me freely; which I greatly appreciate; I must ask, what about my F-16 Pilot face picture? What must I do and for how much? Since this is not part of the product, I don't mind contributing to it financially and the charity organization, which you've posted on your shop; to which I will gladly contribute and will take that up with Ms. Nicole during the purchase transaction. Thank you very much.

PS: You'll like 3D-Light REDUX very much; I hope you can get it licensed to add it to all your aircraft models in the future - I makes a hugh difference. B)

The moment we release I'll look at your mug, lol.

• Aerosoft

Progress at this moment is mostly on the MFD's, here you see some of the options that it has. The terrain mode shows contours of the terrain 20 miles around you. The store management pages will show what undenearth your aircraft (we found a very cool way of doing that without having to make seperate panel folders for each model) The radar will be able to lock targets and show data on them, the nav map shows all airports, il's, vor's, ndb's, waypoints and of course your programmed route. You will be able to swap them left and right. Pretty good looking by now.

And still dead on schedule for the release the 22nd.

post-43-1223716654_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223716680_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223716717_thumb.jpg

post-43-1223716740_thumb.jpg

Progress at this moment is mostly on the MFD's, here you see some of the options that it has. The terrain mode shows contours of the terrain 20 miles around you. The store management pages will show what undenearth your aircraft (we found a very cool way of doing that without having to make seperate panel folders for each model) The radar will be able to lock targets and show data on them, the nav map shows all airports, il's, vor's, ndb's, waypoints and of course your programmed route. You will be able to swap them left and right. Pretty good looking by now.

And still dead on schedule for the release the 22nd.

Excellent!!! Now you didn't mention GPS functionality... Can we load/activate approaches, get all airport info. (Com freq.'s/Runway info.), along with all the terrain awareness features; and ofcourse (3D-REDUX lightening) for LANTIRN/FLIR features? :)

Now that I've mentioned all the above, is the 22nd still possible? :unsure:

PS: I'll send you my "MUG" soon; and Thank you in advance for being willing to do that! :D

I think I understand the pain. I hate the bloody lights in FSX. I never use internal light since it messes up the entire exterior views. Oh well as long as you've done what you think is best!

• Aerosoft
Excellent!!! Now you didn't mention GPS functionality... Can we load/activate approaches, get all airport info. (Com freq.'s/Runway info.), along with all the terrain awareness features; and ofcourse (3D-REDUX lightening) for LANTIRN/FLIR features? :)

Now that I've mentioned all the above, is the 22nd still possible? :unsure:

PS: I'll send you my "MUG" soon; and Thank you in advance for being willing to do that! :D

No I don't think the F-16 has databases like that onboard and the small MFD's would make it uncomfortable to use that.

Hmmm , wel i cant remember seeing all those features during using the FLIR.....so indeed some-times you just have to rely on the Freqs, The Markers, The Tadpole and not to forget the HSI! :P

Hmmm , wel i cant remember seeing all those features during using the FLIR.....so indeed some-times you just have to rely on the Freqs, The Markers, The Tadpole and not to forget the HSI! :P

Yeah, I can't speak for the European or other nation Fighter aircraft; but here in the U.S., the system are all loaded via data cartridges (now newer methods) with all the region information and its done fairly regularly because of site repairs/downed navigational systems, communication encrytion frequencies, and INS approach/chart/navigation information databases. We all used the MFD's to retrieve (or in some cases modify) and use those systems on a daily basis. I though that you were using/modeling that feature as part of the GPS/MFD but maybe I'm a little confused. :blink::huh::unsure:

VORTAC/ground based navigation is slowly fazing out in light of GNSS; although the use of the HSI instrumentation, to my knowlege, will most likely not.

Perhaps, I have to wait an see ;)

================================

Mr. Kok,

How are the 3D-REDUX light coming?

I have the Shockwave 3D lights and tried them out on the F-16 model, but not to much satisfaction though. You'll still have the same problem with the lights we have now and bedsides the lights are too bright/look too big. But I think we can mention the lights entry for the 3D lights in the manual for those who own that package.

Gentlemen,

Also, Mr. Kok, do you want a pic of my Face for the pilots head shot (for my copy) or will it be a AeroSelect FSX utility program self install? And, if so how much $$$ are we talking??? :D

James ,, your killing me :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be sooo cool though

I would be happy to contribute to having James's mug in my computer as well

Then get the multiplayer hooked up ,,, ;)

be pretty cool ,thats for sure

Randy

it would be nice to keep the chatter on this thread down to a minimum and used only for it's original intent (daily updates).

otherwise it will just get too large and turn into the same large thread as the other one in the general discussions forum.

• Aerosoft
it would be nice to keep the chatter on this thread down to a minimum and used only for it's original intent (daily updates).

otherwise it will just get too large and turn into the same large thread as the other one in the general discussions forum.

Don't worry, I'll clean it up every few days.

I have the Shockwave 3D lights and tried them out on the F-16 model, but not to much satisfaction though. You\'ll still have the same problem with the lights we have now and bedsides the lights are too bright/look too big. But I think we can mention the lights entry for the 3D lights in the manual for those who own that package.

Mr. Vin,

Thank you for all your hard work! :D

=================================================

James ,, your killing me :lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be sooo cool though

I would be happy to contribute to having James\'s mug in my computer as well

Then get the multiplayer hooked up ,,, ;)

be pretty cool ,thats for sure

Randy

Randy,

LOL :lol: - Thats really funny! I was only thinking about my own personal copy but I guess that would be OK - if its ok with Mr. Kok? :unsure:

=================================================

OK! I'm sure that I can help accommodate that. Starting NOW! ;)

T-Minus 8 days and counting. I am getting the pugs ready to trample Mathijs in case he renegs on the 22nd release date. :lol:

These two have the right idea on how to dress for October 22nd...

post-18804-1224013191_thumb.jpg

T-Minus 6 days and counting...

post-18804-1224212688_thumb.jpg

I don't know how you convinced your Dog to "turn to the Dark side" ... :lol:

Does he use Jedi/Sith mind tricks on you to get treats? :lol:

PS: You should use this shot as your AVATAR. :lol:

Thanks 4 the laughs. :lol:

Do you think we could get a FPS vs hardware chart from the beta testers? Kind of like what PMDG did with their 747X.

I'd really like to know what kind of performance I can expect.

Do you think we could get a FPS vs hardware chart from the beta testers? Kind of like what PMDG did with their 747X.

I'd really like to know what kind of performance I can expect.

Performance is very good.

My system:

Q6600 @ 3.6 ghz

4 GB Ram

Geforce 8800GT

32bit vista

I locked my FPS at 20, and they stay there while flying the f16, even above Mega Airport Heathrow. Don't have my exact FS settings here, but they are all in the high regions for sure.