Release: Tahiti X

• Aerosoft

I don't know about your location but when I look out of the window here I see rather wet fields and the horses are sheltering in the stable from the rain. Makes me long back for summer or.... fly towards Tahiti and explore the islands. Now you can do so with FSX or with FSX + Tahiti X and see a whole lot more. Benedikt Reiffer done us proud with a great scenery at a great price. All the islands, all the airports of French Polynesia where the seas are light blue and warm and the dolphins jump out of the water to see who is buzzing around in that aircraft. Ahh stop me before I loose myself.

Product Page

tahitix_37.jpg

tahitix_5.jpg

tahitix_19.jpg

tahitix_3.jpg

tahitix_35.jpg

tahitix_26.jpg

tahitix_29.jpg

tahitix_20.jpg

Product Page

Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Outstanding! I was waiting for this ... Please have Nicole add this to the list for the bulk CD/DVD - I plan on finalizing the 1st bulk purchase by the end of this month when all of these new releases are out; the one's that don't make it will be in the next bulk purchase.

Thank you!

:D Outstanding job!

My wife and I were fortunate enough to sail through these islands about 10 years ago on our sailboat. It's so cool to fly the Otter over so many of the places we anchored.

Just had time to hop around just a bit, but great attention to detail: the buses, animated flagmen, the campfire at Huahine, those lovely terminal buildings.

Only way you can make me happier about this area of the world will be if you do Samoa. ;)

cheers,

steve :)

Looks amaizing!

But one question also. Look at the last screen shot on the product page:

tahitix_7.jpg

Is there some scaling problem with those houses? I just mean that the palm trees

and the boat look really huge compared to those three-storey houses.

Welmux

Dear Kok,

How wonderful, Tahiti X is!

I'm certain I will fully enjoy it with 'Twin Otter Air Moorea' following Mr. and Mrs. Hiscock's 'Wanderer IV'.

I hope Fiji X, too.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

• Aerosoft
Looks amaizing!

But one question also. Look at the last screen shot on the product page:

Is there some scaling problem with those houses? I just mean that the palm trees

and the boat look really huge compared to those three-storey houses.

Welmux

I'll have it looked at.

• Aerosoft
Any chance of an FS9 version??? :mellow:

No, that would most likely mean an investment that would not make commercial sense. There is no technical issue that makes it really impossible, but we could only sell a very limited FS2004 versions so the reason is commercial.

I'll have it looked at.

Good Morning Mathijs,

I have a new home :rolleyes: . This is an incredibly well done package (aren't all of yours?). I noticed scale issue at the first airport I loaded last night. I think it was Tupua. There is some luggage stacked next to a pickup. Whoever brought those bags must be planning to stay a while - they are bigger than the truck. Hmmm, that gives me an idea for some airplanes I might try flying in.

Glenn

Awesome! I'm at 24% download now. Can't wait to fly the Twin Otter here! Looks incredible.

Well, I've spent all day island hopping. Great scenery guys! My new favorite destination by far. The distances are just right, making prop flying especially enjoyable. You were right on when you said "relatively frame rate friendly". Most of the areas are great on frames. Only stutters I had were around NTAA. Frames took a nose dive there, but I'm in the process up upping my CPU and MOBO anyway so the stutters are my fault, not in the scenery. Overall excellent product once again. I'm working on a YouTube video now! :)

Regards...

• Aerosoft
Maybe we should make a poll - think you will be surprised, Mr. Kok...

Greetz

I doubt that. You see we do market research rather professionally and we got hard disks full of sales data. And of course if you do a poll most FSX only users would not be interested and almost all FS2004 only users would be answering. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Almost always useless. Even worse, 85% of our customers don't post in forums so they will not be heard. Lastly, FSX users buy and fly, some FS2004 pilots tend to want to make a point about the fact they feel FS2004 is better.

Now if you want to discuss this point, do it here: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19472 and lets talk about the Tahiti X here.

FSX users buy and fly, some FS2004 pilots tend to want to make a point about the fact they feel FS2004 is better
Mathijs, don't misunderstand me but you're being a bit offensive and unfair to many of us, your faithful FS9 customers. Should you?

The truth is BOTH FS9 and FSX pilots believe their choice is better and write about it here (would you like them to leave your forum and go somewhere else?).

And recently you wrote about "happy customers" who "buy and fly" and "unhappy ones" who "post in the forums". Come on!

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I'm a straight person in my life and I'll tell you what I really feel.

I'm just a sensitive guy who, through fair work, paid a lot of money for your FS9 products.

I DO use them and fly a lot but also like to discuss them. Many others too, I believe.

Also sorry for going off topic but I felt I had to reply.

Let us all stop this nonsense FS9/FSX war and peacefully enjoy MFS includng Aerosoft products.

Best regards,

Rafal

Dear Kok,

Thank you very much for your Tahiti X. I'm fully enjoying it.

However, the absence of anchoring yachts in the bay Opunohu (Papetoai) of Moorea is felt empty to me.

From May to July of 1976, Hiscock's 'Wanderer IV' has been anchoring there. I would be happy if it shall be realized as one of the updates.

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

However, the absence of anchoring yachts in the bay Opunohu (Papetoai) of Moorea is felt empty to me.

There are anchoring yachts in the Opunohu Bay..because it's dynamic boat traffic and not static yachts it depends on the day and the daytime if there are anchoring in the bay or sailing somethere else ;)

Hi everybody,

Tahiti X is really wonderfull! The only disappointment for me is the traffic which is not relevant at all and not in line with the scenery. No ATR 42 and 72 from Air Tahiti, lots of Dash 8 which are totally irrelevant. For more information see http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9roport...ahiti_Faa'a.

Moreever the installation kicked out the traffic issued by My Traffic X.

I would very much appreciate if you could work on it, at least in order to let MyTraffic X priority.

Quick reply, a good two hours in now. Excellent scenery for this price. I'm more than happy. A couple of small issues but I need to read the readme first and I'll report back if they still excist.

Two thumbs up!

I'm looking forward to watch this ;):lol:

Well, unfortunately I can't maintain good enough frame rates with fraps running around the airports so I'll have to wait until I upgrade my cpu. Normally not a problem but guess this scenery just has too much action going on. It's still enjoyable to fly, just can't maintain good fps when recording. Dual Core's just don't have the power for FSX anymore, not that they ever did, but I've been able to maintain a 30 fps average with my little dual core. Can't wait to upgrade, been wanting to for a long time, and hopefully I'll finally be able to enjoy all the money I've spent on add ons.

Wait buying new hardware.

The poor fps near NTAA seems to be an issue with the scenery and as far as I know it is being looked into.

Finn

Wait buying new hardware.

The poor fps near NTAA seems to be an issue with the scenery and as far as I know it is being looked into.

Finn

Thanks Finn...

Outside NTAA, I'm quite enjoying this... B)