F-16 (beta) Oahu Test

This is a small clip of a recent beta. I wanted to see how the F-16 performed under 'heavy' conditions (i.e. adding demanding weather, flying low and fast etc). I was very pleased with the results. These are the toughest settings I could find, so this is the worst the F-16 performs on my system (I have a pretty standard Quad/8800GTX rig). Now, this is a complex bird, and results will vary, this is simply how my system performs when I ask it to do 'everything'...

http://video.aerosoft.com/F-16-099O.wmv

(this is not a large file, it took about 60 secs of 'buffering' before it played)

Summary of demands (all these sap frames on my system):

- All sliders maxed (DX10, light bloom, lens flare...the lot!)

- FEX Super HD Clouds

- X Graphics sun textures

- Heavy Thunderstorms

- Track IR 4 Pro

- Fraps video capture (this takes about 10fps!)

- Low and fast profile

Note: It is quite possible that this is not the latest beta release. Mathijs and the development team are working flat out and things are progressing on a daily basis now.

Hope you enjoy the clip!

Thanks Mr. Colin H.

Love the Video! Could you do another one; if time permits; with everything from Start to Finish? (ie. Getting in, to starting it up, getting ATC services, TOF, maneuvers, LnD, Repaints, Loads etc. And of course your great selection in Audio Scores and Camera "Eye-Candy" landscape visuals). B)

Thanks again! This is a great video; I'm going to add it to my collection of the ones you've done so far. ;)

Hi Guys,

Valterri, you're quite right, I had intended to include to fps counter - sorry about that. James, I'll try to put something together if I get a chance over the next couple of days. I have to move an aeroplane (a real one this time ;)) from the U.K back to Holland as soon as the weather gods start to smile again! So if it's raining I may have some time!

Cheers,

Colin.

Extremely enjoyable! And the music fits good. What soundtrack is that?

The track is called 'Saltwater', by an English band called 'Chicane'. Reminds me of Ibiza holidays in the late 90s - fond memories indeed! Glad you liked it skjellnan.

Cheers,

Colin.

The track is called 'Saltwater', by an English band called 'Chicane'. Reminds me of Ibiza holidays in the late 90s - fond memories indeed! Glad you liked it skjellnan.

Cheers,

Colin.

Thanks Mr. Colin H. - Like her stuff!!! She's like an English Enya to me; Enya being Scottish - Loved her stuff from 1990 when I lived in the Balfron, Glasgow and Edinburgh in the UK.

Hi Guys,

.... James, I'll try to put something together if I get a chance over the next couple of days. I have to move an aeroplane (a real one this time ;)) from the U.K back to Holland as soon as the weather gods start to smile again! So if it's raining I may have some time!

Cheers,

Colin.

Sound like both you and Mr. M. Kok need an IFR rating. So, I guess I must pray for rain ... :lol: :lol: :lol: Great video!

Cheers and fly safe! ;)

Hi Guys,

Valterri, you're quite right, I had intended to include to fps counter - sorry about that. James, I'll try to put something together if I get a chance over the next couple of days. I have to move an aeroplane (a real one this time ;)) from the U.K back to Holland as soon as the weather gods start to smile again! So if it's raining I may have some time!

Cheers,

Colin.

Haha, it's amusing how almost everyone spells my name wrong :D But that's unique, I have never seen my name wrote like that

Thanks Mr. Colin H. - Like her stuff!!! She's like an English Enya to me; Enya being Scottish

Hi James,

First off, Congrats on winning your free copy of the F-16.

Secondly, just to rectify the above comment in that Enya was born Eithne Ni Bhraonain in County Donegal, Ireland. Thus, making her Irish and not Scotish (I was born and bred in Scotland or as some may say dug up and dragged up-LOL)

Usually the video recording software has some impact on the system so a fps counter wouldn't have been that representative maybe. Anyways, looking forward to fly the Aerosoft F-16!

• 2 weeks later...
This is a small clip of a recent beta. I wanted to see how the F-16 performed under 'heavy' conditions (i.e. adding demanding weather, flying low and fast etc). I was very pleased with the results. These are the toughest settings I could find, so this is the worst the F-16 performs on my system (I have a pretty standard Quad/8800GTX rig). Now, this is a complex bird, and results will vary, this is simply how my system performs when I ask it to do 'everything'...

http://video.aerosoft.com/F-16-099O.wmv

(this is not a large file, it took about 60 secs of 'buffering' before it played)

Summary of demands (all these sap frames on my system):

- All sliders maxed (DX10, light bloom, lens flare...the lot!)

- FEX Super HD Clouds

- X Graphics sun textures

- Heavy Thunderstorms

- Track IR 4 Pro

- Fraps video capture (this takes about 10fps!)

- Low and fast profile

Note: It is quite possible that this is not the latest beta release. Mathijs and the development team are working flat out and things are progressing on a daily basis now.

Hope you enjoy the clip!

This video is "Sierra Hotel". I loved it. It makes me want to tear down my computer system and rebuild it from the ground up. I am very interested in your head tracking setup. Can you elaborate on it... i.e. cost, ease of use, setup, any problems, etc.

Thanks again!

• Aerosoft
This video is "Sierra Hotel". I loved it. It makes me want to tear down my computer system and rebuild it from the ground up. I am very interested in your head tracking setup. Can you elaborate on it... i.e. cost, ease of use, setup, any problems, etc.

Thanks again!

The boxed version of the F16 can be ordered with a discounted version of TrackIR. And using it as shown is alomst literally a question of plug and play. Minutes. Think the combination of the F-16 plus Track-IR will costs 170 euro.