Paderborn/lippstadt V 1.10

IngoKe

Good morning,

I´ve downloaded and installed V 1.10 of your Paderborn/Lippstadt yesterday. The problems with aircraft bouncing on the taxiways are gone. But the issues with enormous drop in framerates that lead to stuttering of the scenery haven´t been improved. On my E8400 with a Nvidia 9800GTX I get an average framerate of about 25. But every ten seconds or so the frames drop down to 9 or even less and the go back up to 25. It´s the only scenery doing this, so I don´t think that my system is causing the problem.

Ingo

• Aerosoft
Good morning,

I´ve downloaded and installed V 1.10 of your Paderborn/Lippstadt yesterday. The problems with aircraft bouncing on the taxiways are gone. But the issues with enormous drop in framerates that lead to stuttering of the scenery haven´t been improved. On my E8400 with a Nvidia 9800GTX I get an average framerate of about 25. But every ten seconds or so the frames drop down to 9 or even less and the go back up to 25. It´s the only scenery doing this, so I don´t think that my system is causing the problem.

Ingo

Try setting an unlimited framerate, it seems to help on this airport. But overall there is not a lot that can be done because at a certain moment the objects need to be loaded. There is however nothing in a scenery that can use a 10 second cycle, so even though you only notice it in this scenery it is very hard to accept it is caused by the scenery.

Try setting an unlimited framerate, it seems to help on this airport. But overall there is not a lot that can be done because at a certain moment the objects need to be loaded. There is however nothing in a scenery that can use a 10 second cycle, so even though you only notice it in this scenery it is very hard to accept it is caused by the scenery.

Hi Mathijs,

I always run FSX with framerates set to unlimited, because that way my pc (6300A by M10) works best. Please don´t nail me on those ten seconds I mentioned. What I was trying to describe was a sort of rythmic framerate drop into single digit numbers. Something is forcing the system to its knees. I switched to other airports (EDDK, EDDF, EGLL and LSZH) to check if they also make my pc sweat, but they didn´t. I´ll do some more testing. I´ll let you know if I find something worth reporting to you.

Ingo

I love flyining online there but in the charts there are no parking/gate numbers?? gnd calls me to park at gate Delta8 but without the yellow arrows from FSX i can't find it my gate. also at VACC i've downloaded the charts for EDLP and there are also no gate numbers. is that normal??!!

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

I always run FSX with framerates set to unlimited, because that way my pc (6300A by M10) works best. Please don´t nail me on those ten seconds I mentioned. What I was trying to describe was a sort of rythmic framerate drop into single digit numbers. Something is forcing the system to its knees. I switched to other airports (EDDK, EDDF, EGLL and LSZH) to check if they also make my pc sweat, but they didn´t. I´ll do some more testing. I´ll let you know if I find something worth reporting to you.

Ingo

But again it is very hard to understand how scenery could force that cycle. It almost certainly is a process on your system that causes it. All timings in scenery are done on fps base and can't do anything over a few seconds at best.

• Aerosoft
I love flyining online there but in the charts there are no parking/gate numbers?? gnd calls me to park at gate Delta8 but without the yellow arrows from FSX i can't find it my gate. also at VACC i've downloaded the charts for EDLP and there are also no gate numbers. is that normal??!!

Well the charts are as they are and indeed there are no parking numbers on them. As far as I recall from seeing action on the airport they just point the aircraft to the most convenient location. But of course FSX can't do it like that.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In my IRL flying, using Jeppesen charts, the gates are shown on the airport diagram when there are gate numbers. In the US, the government produced charts don't have the gate information either

• Deputy Sheriffs
But again it is very hard to understand how scenery could force that cycle. It almost certainly is a process on your system that causes it. All timings in scenery are done on fps base and can't do anything over a few seconds at best.

I too found that update 1.1 fixed the bumpy taxiways, but left me with stutters a bit worse than with version 1.0. Overall, though, I prefer version 1.1. I haven't seen my frame rate counter tumble as noted by another posting, but there is a noticable hesitation every 10 seconds or so. I have an Intel Core2 Duo E8400, plus an Nvidea GTX 8800 vid card with 768 Mb RAM with the latest driver (and not overclocked), so I shouldn't be pushing the system too hard. It's bearable as long as I don't do high speed low altitude passes.

I too found that update 1.1 fixed the bumpy taxiways, but left me with stutters a bit worse than with version 1.0. Overall, though, I prefer version 1.1. I haven't seen my frame rate counter tumble as noted by another posting, but there is a noticable hesitation every 10 seconds or so. I have an Intel Core2 Duo E8400, plus an Nvidea GTX 8800 vid card with 768 Mb RAM with the latest driver (and not overclocked), so I shouldn't be pushing the system too hard. It's bearable as long as I don't do high speed low altitude passes.

I can confirm this. Paderborn X also stutters a lot on my system. Too much for a not so complex airport scenery in my opinion. I think the cause is the massive texture loading to the GPU-memory. When it's on its limit while approaching the airport the scenery freezes several times for a second or two. And even with v1.1 I have some crashes with the scenery although I was 300 feet or so above the airport. It's a nice scenery - but it needs more tweaking, I think... :(

Andreas

Andreas

• 2 months later...

Hi

First post! Yay

I also have this recurring stuttering issue with Padeborn. With Padeborn disabled there is no stuttering whatsoever. I would agree with the every 10 or so seconds.

XP SP3, FSX+Accel, 3GB switch, Q9450, 790i, 4GB DDR3, 9800GTX with 180's, UTX Europe...

Konrad