Stockholm-arlanda

s.storm

This is overall excellent scenery that truly captures the environment at the airport. Many hours of very good work by Cornel. The good frame rates are among many other techniques also due to the usage of the alternate shadow technique (a texture used instead of FS9 default shadow rendering). Perhaps a technique that can be used for AES vehicles shadows?

I would however like to add a few items that I feel need to be addressed:

-Some have been mentioned in forums already (many missing taxi-signs, the approach and taxi lights etc).

-Incorrect size (and type) of wig-wig and PAPI lights.

-An AFCAD that can be modified by the user without the purchase of AFX from Flight1.

-Incorrect size of some of the otherwise excellent and authentic vehicles (push back, buses, fuel trucks etc.) and the animation speed.

-The current exclude of Autogen removes too much forest/trees closest to the airport and needs to be minimized.

-More buildings etc. for the photo-real airport ground textures now not included.

-More fences to separate public roads and parking from taxi and runways. And perhaps also an airport perimeter fence.

I hope that Cornel continues to work on this scenery and also for more high quality Scandinavian scenery (I hope for ESGG, which is also his and my home airport).

Stefan

Hello Stefan!

We are from the same city I think... you have been out there for ages I know ;)

Most of the things will be changed actually it is right now under construction.

*Animation will be corrected

*Taxisigns will be added but ( there are tsigns) not for the guidance to the aprons (discovered to late by one of the betatesters and offcourse by me

*The new post terminal will allso be added beside the dhl on the cargo apron.

*cars and pushbacks will be corrected actually they are now.

*allso will try to change the missplaced papi on rwy 01R

*Possibly going to change the apron north of the F terminal two stands are added there and the car park has now been removed.

Regarding the other things that has a little lower priority has to wait are in the mean time allso working with the FSX version so the workload is high :rolleyes:

Regards

Cornel

Cornel thanks for your reply. Yes I am still in Gothenburg. Glad to know you are working on an update to ESSA. Keep up the good work in setting a new standard for Scandinavian sceneries. If you are secretly working on a new ESGG, good luck with that also. No need to confirm or deny ;).

I understand your commitment to FSX customers. They also need a good Arlanda. I purchased FSX but removed it for perhaps different reasons than others (Mid-Atlantic size waves in lakes and rivers when using the new water features, was very irritating). I hope development/design of the next version of FS will not be cut short by risk management.

Is the exclude of Autogen comment I made a big job? If not, this would be great to fix and include in the initial update since it adds so much to the true environment of Swedish airports surrounded by forests. The additional things/fixes you mentioned sound great.

Cheers,

Stefan

Hello!

I did use smallest possible exclude and allso starting from an other location and then go to essa will bring back the autogen really dont know why will investigate moore and see what I can do.

Regards

Cornel

Hi, Cornel!

Firstly thanks for Arlanda!

Great to have a new Stockholm airport in FS9, especially when Oliver adds AES to it.

Now the dark side. ;)

1. Could you consider improving some textures?

Especially I mean the ones on some ground vehicles.

Look at the tanker here, its texture generally but especially the wheels:

ESSA1_resize.jpg

While it doesn't matter when you take off or land, it spoils the fun a bit when you stand close at the gate.

2. Plus the carpark ground texture is a quite low resolution.

ESSA2_resize.jpg

Would it be possible to put some (not all of course) simple low-poly 3D car models there?

Several developers (both free and paid) use that trick.

And finally, maybe to the Forum admins:

Could we have just one collective post for one airport's bugs?

Arlanda is split into at least a few and I myself didn't know where to put these remarks.

It's no use starting another thread with each bug found or each suggestion.

Best regards,

Rafal

• Developer
Perhaps a technique that can be used for AES vehicles shadows?

WHY THAT, it looks absolut stupid when a moving object has a "BLACK" Oilplug below it, which don't orient on the sun. And you don't what to say, that the AES shadows will kill your Frames :lol:

Oliver,

I have tested Aerosoft products (EDDF and earlier) with and without AES vehicles and/or shadows (same day, time, weather (partly cloudy), traffic (100%) etc.) and I see no impact on my system. My computer is a laptop ASUS G2P (year 2007 model). FPS aim is set to 21 and FS9 maintains this well. All my sliders set to Max, all boxes checked, ATI control panel AA and AF at 4x. I also always add extra scenery with Rwy12 and Lago's FS Enhancer that include shadows.

You chose not to include shadows for AES the way it was in the first versions and this was only a suggestion by a customer on perhaps approaching the subject in a different way. I agree that some designers make it look like an "oil plug", but some make it look very good, at least on my computer. And some Aerosoft products do include this technique. I do not see why mentioning a game "core feature" should be such a big deal considering the vast amounts of suggestions and complaints mentioned in the forum.

Regards,

Stefan

• Developer
Oliver,

I have tested Aerosoft products (EDDF and earlier) with and without AES vehicles and/or shadows (same day, time, weather (partly cloudy), traffic (100%) etc.) and I see no impact on my system. My computer is a laptop ASUS G2P (year 2007 model). FPS aim is set to 21 and FS9 maintains this well. All my sliders set to Max, all boxes checked, ATI control panel AA and AF at 4x. I also always add extra scenery with Rwy12 and Lago's FS Enhancer that include shadows.

You chose not to include shadows for AES the way it was in the first versions and this was only a suggestion by a customer on perhaps approaching the subject in a different way. I agree that some designers make it look like an "oil plug", but some make it look very good, at least on my computer. And some Aerosoft products do include this technique. I do not see why mentioning a game "core feature" should be such a big deal considering the vast amounts of suggestions and complaints mentioned in the forum.

Regards,

Stefan

You are talking about AESlite, not about AES? In AES the vehicles still have shadows.

In AESlite (new version for MAF2008 for example), the FS shadows can not work anymore, because the vehicles can go over bridges, then the shadows look stupid, as they keep on ground below the bridges.

Poly shadows make no sense too, because you don't be often near to the car and it could happen, that you get flicker of the poly, when it is not correct seperated from the ground. To critical. For fix object, it could be a alternative, when is done well.

Oliver,

Sorry, I meant AESlite. I am sure you will find a solution to this one day. Would be nice to have consistency and reality work together. Good luck.

Stefan

Will have a look at that truck!

But the carpark I dont know! it is hard meet every demand, It can be done but then you probanly have to wait a little longer since there allreaddy a lot to do!

Hope you understand and I will do the best I can!

Regards

Cornel