Arlanda Afcad Issue

rmk2005

Hi,

Great scenery again, well done!!! I do have a problem with the AFCAD though...........If I edit it, the original default scenery re-appears on top of the add on scenery. I need to change the AFCAD as i get cargo jets at gates and want to change the parking radius ( radii?) to stop this. Can you help. Thanks

Peace

René

Hi,

Great scenery again, well done!!! I do have a problem with the AFCAD though...........If I edit it, the original default scenery re-appears on top of the add on scenery. I need to change the AFCAD as i get cargo jets at gates and want to change the parking radius ( radii?) to stop this. Can you help. Thanks

Peace

René

Hi,

I'm sure harpsi will be glad to help or even edit one that that reproduce the airports parking like in real life

Costa

I'll ask the developer to check this out.

thanks Mathijs, it would be a shame since so much time has clearly been spent creating a very realistic looking scenery if this cannot be modified. As Petrovich stated this also IMHO had a very negative affect on the great looking LKPR2004 addon. By the way, I know it was not an Aerosoft supported item but is there now a fix for LKPR2004? Thanks again!!

Peace

René

Check out the south parking for the GA planes near the cargo area, what went wrong there? Look at the parking slots S71 - S79. There are two S76 slots. Just laid my hands on a copy of the parking designations for Arlanda and this is definately screwed up. Also most of these parking slots are not enabled in the Afcad file for some reason and the ones that are, are not designated correctly. Parking slots S1 to S4 wrongly defined.

There are numerous gate numbers wrongly assigned, look at the gates 61 - 62 and the area around there, not a pretty sight Gates 43 and 41 wrongly assigned. Gate 32 missing. Gate F36 wrongly designated. F34 missed out completely. Gates F32 - F30, wrongly assigned. J32 missing. Most of the pushback designations are wrong. They should be to the right and not in both directions. The technical area could do with a designation frenzy as there are loads of parking places not assigned. Taxiway designations are half hearted at best with large numbers left blank.

Why o why don't people check these things? It drives me mad that the end user has to sort all this out, shouldn't be up to us, really shouldn't. I know i moan about the quality of afcad files but this is another prime example of excellent scenery, let down by a not so excellent afcad file.

As to the default scenery appearing after modification, unless my eyes are decieving me, i'm not experiencing this. I did remove all previous ESSA afcad files i had so only this one and the stock one appears in my list in the afcad editor i use (AFX by Flight 1).

• Developer

Hi,

I invest some hours to try to get a afcad that will work (much) better as the original one, it is not final, no offical update, but maybe can be a base for future updates.

- Most Gate assignments should be ok

- Holdshort notes are added

- Startuplocations moved

- Runways width reduced

- Gate radius optimized, but maybe the gate assignments are not perfect yet.

Please make a backup of the original one before you replace the file.

AF2_ESSA.zip

NOTE: Don't touch this file with Lee Swordys Afcad tools, this will damage the file (AFX is OK)

Hi,

I invest some hours to try to get a afcad that will work (much) better as the original one, it is not final, no offical update, but maybe can be a base for future updates.

- Most Gate assignments should be ok

- Holdshort notes are added

- Startuplocations moved

- Runways width reduced

- Gate radius optimized, but maybe the gate assignments are not perfect yet.

Please make a backup of the original one before you replace the file.

AF2_ESSA.zip

NOTE: Don't touch this file with Lee Swordys Afcad tools, this will damage the file (AFX is OK)

Hi

Where can I get this AFX tool?

harpsi

• Developer
Hi

Where can I get this AFX tool?

harpsi

At flight1.com : http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=afxv1

For you as a AFD "junky" a good invest.

BUT: Please don't distribute any version based on any existing version, Aerosoft/DFS will release next week a update of the Afcad, which is base for AES and where the data are splitted, so that the Afcad can be handle with Lees AFcad tool.

This version is only a quick and durty patch to fix the primary problems over the weekend.

At flight1.com : http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=afxv1

For you as a AFD "junky" a good invest.

BUT: Please don't distribute any version based on any existing version, Aerosoft/DFS will release next week a update of the Afcad, which is base for AES and where the data are splitted, so that the Afcad can be handle with Lees AFcad tool.

This version is only a quick and durty patch to fix the primary problems over the weekend.

Many thanks !!

Thanx Oliver and Mathijs, good news!

This is a reason why modifing AFCAD cause re-appears default objects: exlcude areas, created with AFX-tool, are removed by Lee Swordy tool.

I think it's also actually for LKPR2004 scenery.

Ok people,

Try this afcad file. I put it together in AFX. I spent all day yesterday sorting this and it fixes a number of issues. Information is based on an Arlanda airport map that i have.

1. I redid all the taxiways, so the planes follow the markings on the ground, no right angles etc. This required me going round every taxiway and remapping them so the AI planes move correctly.

2. Fixed the cargo parking as a number of taxiways to the cargo area were missing.

3. I added a number of extra parking slots at the technical centre to simulate planes being worked on.

4. Added missing ILS hold short nodes.

5. I added the missing GA parking areas, S71 - 79. They are correct in the afcad but not in the scenery as there are two S76 parking areas for some reason even though the airport map i have doesn't show this, so obviously an error in the scenery.

6. I think i nailed all the ramp parking so the planes now turn to the right on pushback instead of in both directions.

7. Incorrect gate numbers, parking numbers added or replaced.

8. Version 3 adds correct airline assignments to the terminals based on airport info.

There's probably more i've sorted but forgotten as there was a large number of things to sort out. With a file this complex, i'm not saying it's perfect but is a vast improvement on the original, specially regarding the way the planes move around the airport and i'm happy to modify it if anything major is spotted. Any comments then please let me know.

AF2_ESSA_V3.zip

• Developer
Ok people,

Try this afcad file. I put it together in AFX. I spent all day yesterday sorting this and it fixes a number of issues. Information is based on an Arlanda airport map that i have.

1. I redid all the taxiways, so the planes follow the markings on the ground, no right angles etc. This required me going round every taxiway and remapping them so the AI planes move correctly.

2. Fixed the cargo parking as a number of taxiways to the cargo area were missing.

3. I added a number of extra parking slots at the technical centre to simulate planes being worked on.

4. Added missing ILS hold short nodes.

5. I added the missing GA parking areas, S71 - 79. They are correct in the afcad but not in the scenery as there are two S76 parking areas for some reason even though the airport map i have doesn't show this, so obviously an error in the scenery.

6. I think i nailed all the ramp parking so the planes now turn to the right on pushback instead of in both directions.

7. Incorrect gate numbers, parking numbers added or replaced.

There's probably more i've sorted but forgotten as there was a large number of things to sort out. With a file this complex, i'm not saying it's perfect but is a vast improvement on the original, specially regarding the way the planes move around the airport and i'm happy to modify it if anything major is spotted. Any comments then please let me know.

Sorry,

I don't know, why you do the same work as I had done before and why you don't respect this note:

The Official Fix will base on my version, because I can't mix 1000 of user updates to all related products (like AES)

When you have any note to my version, feel free to give me a note, then I can change that.

With respect, the file i've uploaded is free to use by anyone. The file i've created is very complex, and taken a great deal of effort. The big issue i had with the original file was the fact the planes turn at right angles as opposed to following the taxi paths as per the scenery. To achieve the correct result you'd have to spend quite a while sorting it out. This was just one amongst many issues with the original file. Feel free to do your own, but it is a hobby for the rest of us and there are many people capable of creating good afcad files, yourself included. I just want to share my file as its pretty close to how it should be as per the latest airport chart. This isn't a race, please don't get me wrong but its like asking someone not to repaint a plane, that's the whole point of addon utilities, they are there to be used.

• Developer
With respect, the file i've uploaded is free to use by anyone. The file i've created is very complex, and taken a great deal of effort. The big issue i had with the original file was the fact the planes turn at right angles as opposed to following the taxi paths as per the scenery. To achieve the correct result you'd have to spend quite a while sorting it out. This was just one amongst many issues with the original file. Feel free to do your own, but it is a hobby for the rest of us and there are many people capable of creating good afcad files, yourself included. I just want to share my file as its pretty close to how it should be as per the latest airport chart. This isn't a race, please don't get me wrong but its like asking someone not to repaint a plane, that's the whole point of addon utilities, they are there to be used.

Ok,

but did you see that I have posted a new version before you, which also address all the issues in the original verison and how many version we should handle now?

You can do what you want, but it's not my scenery and when I just want to help to get the issue fast fixed and some hours later some post his afcad in a from as my one never exists, I don't think that makes me happy. My primary problem is, that I need a version usable as base for AES and I have tried to give one that can be this base. Later, you can add/change all you want, but at the moment we need a clear base to keep all alined.