Fsx Has No Sound

david_wi

Hi Guys

I started my FSX today,but no sound can be heard.

Removed the FSX.CFG file and started a new loading,but still no luck.

The sound is checked in FSX so I really don't know what to do.

Btw,in FS2004 the sound is working.

Bye,

David

Hi Guys

I started my FSX today,but no sound can be heard.

Removed the FSX.CFG file and started a new loading,but still no luck.

The sound is checked in FSX so I really don't know what to do.

Btw,in FS2004 the sound is working.

Bye,

David

Start the sim, go to the sound menu, check that BOTH boxes are allocated to DEFAULT sound.

It's likely as Snave suggests. One other thing; does it say 'sound off' in red type in the top left of the screen? I think this can be toggled on/off by pressing 'Q' when in the sim. I think it's 'Q', others will correct me if I'm wrong. You probably know this, but just in case...

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, i was reading your posts and my fsx is unmuted and the sound stuff is all at default, but still no sound, i hear wind noises and menu music noises, but no plane noises, no engine, gear etc, i have realtek sound drivers and i dont know what to do with it to make fsx have sound.

please help

thanks in advance

• Aerosoft

Hi guys, i was reading your posts and my fsx is unmuted and the sound stuff is all at default, but still no sound, i hear wind noises and menu music noises, but no plane noises, no engine, gear etc, i have realtek sound drivers and i dont know what to do with it to make fsx have sound.

please help

thanks in advance

Is that in all aircraft?

Hello Khassineboy,

Have you tried to follow Microsofts suggestions and tips here.

tried all of those and nothing happened, i got a new graphics though earlier so that might be why but not sure. tried calling microsoft but they wanted me to 20 quid so i didn't.