Perfomance Lack

mave128

hey folks,

i´ve just upgraded my computer.

i tryed to be as close as possible on Mathijs Kok´s suggestions.

now i have a Core 2 Quad Q9550, Asus ATI Radeon HD4850, Kingston HyperX DIMM 4 GB DDR2-1066, and the Asus P5Q mainboard.

I still use xp pro sp2.

so i believe it´s a real great engine now!

i upgraded because i wanne turn over to the fsx pretty soon.

but still i use the fs9.

the strange thing right now is, that despite of that great hardware, i get performance lacks.

f.e. in klax with 1280x1024, 85% complete woai traffic i only get 12 fps with the ordinary fs9 cessna and no weather!!!

how is that possible??

thanks in advance.

best regards from germany,

sören

Hi Soren,

Don't get too disheartened, you have a nice system and it will run FSX very well once you find the 'sweet spot'. I had a similar experience when I upgraded 5 months ago; my system just didn't perform straight 'out of the box', despite it being top spec (for the time). I had to play around with the sliders, display drivers (I had big problems with these) and graphics card settings. I 'googled' most of my queries and found good suggestions on what to try. First thing I would suggest is to lower you AI traffic levels and see what results you get. This can have a big effect on performance.

Good luck,

Colin.

Hi Soren,

Don't get too disheartened, you have a nice system and it will run FSX very well once you find the 'sweet spot'. I had a similar experience when I upgraded 5 months ago; my system just didn't perform straight 'out of the box', despite it being top spec (for the time). I had to play around with the sliders, display drivers (I had big problems with these) and graphics card settings. I 'googled' most of my queries and found good suggestions on what to try. First thing I would suggest is to lower you AI traffic levels and see what results you get. This can have a big effect on performance.

Good luck,

Colin.

hey colin,

thanks for your answer.

i understamd very well what you mean, but in my opinion my current flightsimulator, the fs9, should run like hell!!

but it doesn´t. and my question is simply why?

what i´m doing right know is to deinstall every addon and after that reinstall fs9.

let´s see what it will bring.

you are right when you say, that ai traffic affects alot on hardware. but i don´t understand why it effects my old system

(amd athlon 64 3700+, 2gb ram, geforce 7900 512 mb) as well as my new one?

ok, i´ll try,

thanks again, for the answer.

grettings,

sören

One reason is that fs9 does not support multiple cores and your graphics card runs at idle because it doesn't have anything to do in FS9....

E.g. my dual core PC with an 8800GTS runs FSX much smoother than FS9

hey bstolle,

do you mean that i won´t get best performance results in fs9 with that kind of hardware?

how strange is that???

ok, i´ll look for fsx pretty soon!!

but to be sure. fsx will be thankfull about the hardware components, won´t it??

regards,

sören

It's not that strange as FS9 was simply developed for a different kind of hardware.

I was very reluctant to switch to FSX but FSX only add-ons like the Hughes H-1 left not much of a choice anyway ;-)

With your hardware you will be pleased with FSX :-)

FSX takes full advantage of your hardware setup.

Don't forget to install SP2 (or acceleration) !!!!!!!!

hey,

ok, thanks.

i´ll be looking forward.

great weekend.

sören

hey,

ok, thanks.

i´ll be looking forward.

great weekend.

sören

hi folks,

i really got irritated by the last fs9 configuration (12 fps). so i decided to completely reinstall everything i had.

i cleaned my harddrive, backed up everything important and installed the fs9 and every addon again.

and, what do i have to say except that this was the best idea ever.

i couldn´t believe my eyes. now i have constantly between 40 and 50 fps, however restricted to 50 fps.

i believe the bad fps resulted from my extraordinary large aircraft folder, with approximately 20 gb of data.

now, cleaned everything up and just installed every woai file its really quick.

ok, call a happy user.

greetings from germany.

sören