Bushhawk Xp

Even if you meet snow you won't be able to use skis there. FSX knows 3 different ground types: snow, ice and solid surfaces (dirt, gravel, tarmac, concrete,...), and of course water. Skis can only be used on ice, not on snow. That may not be very clever, but it's the way FSX handles it. So watch for glaciers. ;)

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Partner.......................

If you let me have one, I´ll write up some "FSAdventureSky" Flights!!!!!! with it as top dog!!!!!..no kidding!!!!! :P :P :P

That plane looks much like a FS9 one....I´ll check on it.....not a very common Bush Plane but very good

for that kind of flying.....talk to me!!!!, talk to me!!!!... :lol: :lol: :lol: three freeware flights for one plane!!!!!!

good deal no???.....

Neat..

Gera

Think 30 Euro (plus sales tax when applicable).

Amigo.......You´ll be bidding yourselfs out of the market if you keep raising prices like you have done lately. 30 Euros at an exchange rate of $ 1.50 and even $1.60 is $ 45.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that´s too much Mula!!! for a model.....keep at it and you will sell only to rich fellows...The Few!!!!!!. There is a marketing thought "

Good Price....Much sales!!!!...High Price.....fewer sales!!!!!.....who wins????

Good luck with your Hawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah me! This little puppy is gonna be right up there at the top of my "Fly Now" list! The (V) Air Club to which I belong has the members currently working their way down the Rocky Mountain chain, from small grass strip to little gravel hideaway. This rascal will fill the bill just perfectly! Now then . . . did you say it was being released tomorrow, or next week? :rolleyes:

Yesterday, Jon. ;)

Just kidding, but we're on it 24/7 more or less. We're approaching that point where you have finished 98% - and the last 2% take almost as much as the 98 before...

Amigo.......You´ll be bidding yourselfs out of the market if you keep raising prices like you have done lately. 30 Euros at an exchange rate of $ 1.50 and even $1.60 is $ 45.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that´s too much Mula!!! for a model.....keep at it and you will sell only to rich fellows...The Few!!!!!!. There is a marketing thought "

Good Price....Much sales!!!!...High Price.....fewer sales!!!!!.....who wins????

Good luck with your Hawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't find it much out of this world. After all you get a lot - five differnt models, different interiors, 3D-gauges and (I hope so) realism and depth. I've seen companies selling 30$ eyecandy of a single model with a single interior of a Cirrus that looks poor and has no depth at all. I find it perfectly ok for what the Bushhawk is shaping up to be. And you can't blame Aerosoft for the conversion rate can you?

As far as I read there's also a small scenery planned to be included in the Bushhawk package as well as missions. It's not just a single plane but an entire bush-flying-package if you will. I've seen much much worse deals. And to me the price is not the primary concern, it's how much fun an addon delivers. I've bough a few cheap addons already but have flown most of them only a handful of times. On the other hand I've flown countless hours in the H-1 and the Stratocruiser. And for that I (and prolly many other too) are willing to pay that kind of a price. I don't collect quantity, I collect quality - and the Bushhawks are looking very very good in that respect. So get an addon less and treat yourself with a good one instead. :lol:

The plane visually, it seems to me to be beautiful, to equally or enclosedly better than other planes that they commercialize, but it will have a system of damages since as it arranges the dornier do-27, which seems to me wonderful of the world of the flightsimulator, is the only one plane of the fsx of which you have to have care of, seems to me to be slightly perfect.

Thank you, for listening to my suggestion and to give itself so many hours of amusement.

Thanks for this suggestion. The Bushhawk will have its own depth of realism, in some points less than the Do27 in others more.

Personally I prefer aircraft, where you can jump in and start without having to read 300 pages of manual or program an FMC. As this is the idea of a bushplane (easy to use and easy to keep working) the Bushhawk will give joy to beginners as well as advanced pilots.

As I know the real Do27 I can see that it really is no aircraft to start with. You really have to know the procedures. In the Bushhawk you can toggle the starter and the engine actually runs. :lol:

Stay tuned on this channel, we'll give you some more information about system depth soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update from your duty painter...

Parallel to beta testing Thorsten's excellent development work, I have been his biggest PITA in getting the model ready for skinning - and he has been great with that! I have managed to convince him to map so many different parts of the model, that the level of "eye candy" detail is better than ever. So far we have a goodly number of skins for the Bushhawk to cover most of the works paint pattern options. Any changes in colour are a customer's choice after that. It's a bit like Henry Ford's "You can have any colour, as long as it's black." promise. In the case of the Bushhawk, it is better - there's about half a dozen 'standard' works patterns with a mix and match choice of a standard colour palette.

I am adding several fictional schemes for you. After all, although the Bushhawk is little known outside Canada and the USA, it will be soon! So there'll be plenty of fictional liveries to go bush flying on other continents too.

Safari anyone?

5ynot3.jpg

I know, developers should not post pictures, there are much more talented people out there to shoot our babies :D - but I still cannot resist to show some details:

Bushhawk_Preview_29.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_18.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_19.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_20.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_22.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_25.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_26.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_27.jpg

Bushhawk_Preview_14.jpg

Keep in mind: those pictures show beta status. Some things may not be 100% completed yet. ;)

I'm new to Aerosoft and it's products, just recently obtained the Twin Otter; as usual, I do my regular routine checking updates/add-ons patches... then I come across this news release.

Only a week before, I was chatting with a friend of mine at work about a news article he had on his desk about the Bush Hawk, He's a nephew of the Found Brothers.

Needless to say., I had to send him the link to the article on this site. He is now interested in getting FSX just because of this one aircraft being made available. I'll have to send him screen captures when I get my copy

This model is really looks nice. I've spoken to the friend of mine he's keen to get it when it come out just because it's Found Aircraft.

I had to show him a screen capture I have of the AS Twin Otter 440 Sqn Livery Wheels/Skis sitting on the tarmac beside a Dash 8. Can't help realting to him how much I've enjoyed trying to fly around the world so far.

Now that I figured out how to tune the radios and now that I'm used to it, it makes so much sense

Great screenshots :rolleyes: ! The only thing I don't like is that I saw "flight into known icing conditions prohibited" in this picture:

Bushhawk_Preview_19.jpg

So that makes the real world plane a bit inferior to the good old Beaver in terms of getting anywhere anytime...I'm very glad to see another amphibian appear though...

The only thing I don't like is that I saw "flight into known icing conditions prohibited"

Rather than the negative, how about the fact you can actually read that writing, that has to be a positive...right? :D

Rather than the negative, how about the fact you can actually read that writing, that has to be a positive...right? :D

Indeed, that is a very positive :D. Haven't seen many virtual aircraft having such an accurate VC and model...but in fact it's not really that negative to me, I mainly fly over the Bahamas anyway so... :lol: But in the Northwest Territories of Canada, or British Columbia, I'd have preferred an airplane that can go into icing conditions if necessary.

Indeed, that is a very positive :D. Haven't seen many virtual aircraft having such an accurate VC and model...but in fact it's not really that negative to me, I mainly fly over the Bahamas anyway so... :lol: But in the Northern Territories of Canada, or British Columbia, I'd have preferred an airplane that can go into icing conditions if necessary.

Well, there is nothing stopping you flying in to "...unknown icing conditions..." - just be ready for some surprises, that's all ;)

...and considering the Bushhawk CAN be operated with skis, that ought to tell you something. There are cold weather operation procedures in the Pilots Operating Handbook. After all, you aren't supposed to fly many planes in to "...known icing conditions..." because ice on the wings can cause serious damage to your health and even the standard issue Beavers have problems with ice.

Here's what it says in the real world Pilots Operating Handbook if you do inadvertently encounter icing:

post-2246-1221760858_thumb.jpg

post-2246-1221760866_thumb.jpg

I rather prefer to stay airborne, not like one of the first flights I did with the Beaver over British Columbia...cruising at 8000 or 9000 ft to get over some mountains, and with the carb heat on (flew with the weather them "heavy snow" on). Suddenly, the manifold pressure drops, and drops...until I got to about 3000 feet. I hate it, carb icing... :lol: !

Back on-topic; it'll be a package of a very high standard in my opinion...and this is even still in beta:)!