Bushhawk Xp

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both the Bush Hawk and the Cheyenne. Both Models I love. Yeah I have a frame hit (my solution is to lower my autogen from very dense to dense and my normal frames are back) with the Hawk, but the depth of the aircraft far outways any fps loss I have.

Any way... I would like to make a small request and hopefully it can make it into the patch. I have tried desperately to install the Reality XP garmin 430 waas into the VC, but since I can't map the gauge to an obvious poly i the VC, I believe it's impossible to do. All I want to do is replace the existing Aerosoft Garmin 430 with the Reality XP Garmin 430. Is there any way you guys can include maybe a simple poly ontop of the existing 430 to allow us to swap radios?

Ohh.. and a repaint kit with the detail layer and the texture boundry layer would be awsome.

Thanks

JB

Paintkit will be available on avsim soon.

Unfortunately it's impossible to replace the GPS in the VC, because we have custom programmed 3D knobs and buttons there. All you could do is replace the actual screen of the GPS (that can be done in the panel.cfg), but then the knobs would be inoperative. I'm sorry for this limitation, but it's the same for all 3D gauges.

Closer to this weekend. ;) We still test the installer, it needs better handling as we want to enable you to easily switch between highpoly and lowpoly models.

Sounds good :)

From the painter...

Will 5 to 10 FPS help?

reading through recent posts I am glad to see that many doubters have discovered more FPS on their systems. I have now re-configured my PC and really set some "HEAVY" seatings (not all sliders right - thet is still too unrealistic for my box). With many active addons such as Active Sky, XGraphics, Ultimate Terrain, TrackIR and more...

...and with a definitive FPS tool (one that really does give a true constant average)...

...we are looking at up to +10 FPS on systems and setups similar to mine (maybe more on other machines and more in the real bush). Tests are looking good and Thorsten has met many demands.

I don't know where the paintkit is though (and I made the darned thing :o ) Anyway, I did leave a few RW textures for fans to paint - and there are uncounted possibilities for fictional skins.

Paintkit will be available on avsim soon.

Unfortunately it's impossible to replace the GPS in the VC, because we have custom programmed 3D knobs and buttons there. All you could do is replace the actual screen of the GPS (that can be done in the panel.cfg), but then the knobs would be inoperative. I'm sorry for this limitation, but it's the same for all 3D gauges.

Is there really no simple way to just place a black rectangular poly over the stock gps, where the depth of the poly would cover the programed knobs? This would allow us to place the RXP gps on that poly and overide any mousclick positions from the stock 3d knobs.

Excuse my ignorance if this is not possible.

JB

From the painter...

Will 5 to 10 FPS help?

reading through recent posts I am glad to see that many doubters have discovered more FPS on their systems. I have now re-configured my PC and really set some "HEAVY" seatings (not all sliders right - thet is still too unrealistic for my box). With many active addons such as Active Sky, XGraphics, Ultimate Terrain, TrackIR and more...

...and with a definitive FPS tool (one that really does give a true constant average)...

...we are looking at up to +10 FPS on systems and setups similar to mine (maybe more on other machines and more in the real bush). Tests are looking good and Thorsten has met many demands.

I don't know where the paintkit is though (and I made the darned thing :o ) Anyway, I did leave a few RW textures for fans to paint - and there are uncounted possibilities for fictional skins.

I think your paints for the BH are great... But since I use the BH to fly for my fictional company in FSE, I wanted to create a fictional paint with the company logo and company paint theme. I actually have done some work on it already. I took the chromate templates, desaturated 100% and adjusted contrast and brightness to end up with a white detail template to use as a lower layer... But my only frustration is that there isn't any reference to where the texture boundries are, so trying to align the textures from one set of polys to the next is a pita and requires me to go in and out of FS to align the textures... I'm guessing that the templates you used to make your great paints have some sort of reference to the texture boundries...

JB

Sorry, JB, it's just not possible. I'd like to do it if it were but I see no way of creating a 2D overlay over the 3D gauges.

I understand... Thanks for the reply.

Looking foreward to other aerosoft projects.

JB

I think your paints for the BH are great... But since I use the BH to fly for my fictional company in FSE, I wanted to create a fictional paint with the company logo and company paint theme. I actually have done some work on it already. I took the chromate templates, desaturated 100% and adjusted contrast and brightness to end up with a white detail template to use as a lower layer... But my only frustration is that there isn't any reference to where the texture boundries are, so trying to align the textures from one set of polys to the next is a pita and requires me to go in and out of FS to align the textures... I'm guessing that the templates you used to make your great paints have some sort of reference to the texture boundries...

JB

I really look forward to seeing them - don't forget to post the odd screenshot.

You could also have used the "white paint" texture as well - but this is a "dirty" white.

I really look forward to seeing them - don't forget to post the odd screenshot.

You could also have used the "white paint" texture as well - but this is a "dirty" white.

I could have and tried as well... But it was easier to pull the color outa the chromite than to repaint out the dirt on the white texture...

The object was to have a clean detail layer to build from in photoshop.

JB

Sorry to ask the sinfull question... But I was just real curious, as I'm sure others may be as well..

Any kinda rough date for the BH patch?

I was gonna start getting deep into modifying the panel, but wanted to hold off considering the patch might change a few things.

Thanks.

JB

We had some additional work to do on the patch and the files. Might be end of this week. ;)

Thanks... Is the Patch gonna modify any of the VC Pollygons? I'm asking because of the panel work I am planning to do... Should I wait?

JB

What sort of panel work is that?

Some objects that are heavy on fps (like the spiral cable) are being removed, but apart from taking away some objects I won't modify polygons/objects, that means your texture modifications should stay intact. ;)

What sort of panel work is that?

Some objects that are heavy on fps (like the spiral cable) are being removed, but apart from taking away some objects I won't modify polygons/objects, that means your texture modifications should stay intact. ;)

LOL>.. Still trying to get the RXP 430 on the VC, either side by side or over the existing 430. I've had some luck editing the panel bmp's and making alphas for the panel where the new 430 will go. Next step is replacing the existing 430 and knobs, with the RXP gauge.

I like the 430 you guys have made, but every aircraft I sim with has the RXP Waas on it... And the operation of it is second nature for me... So in my free time, I'm pretty motivated... And any Mods I do, I promise, WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED. Just for my own use.

Thanks for the info Thorsten. The BH is quickly becoming my favorite Sim Model.

And Kudos to the attention to detail on matching performance specs... I played around with it yesterday in some landing and takeoff tests off a short strip. Landing and takeoff distance is within 15 feet of the published values from the POH... Doing this test, made me realise that the brakes on most other aircraft have exagerated ability, but the BH looks to be as close as it can get.

JB

Thanks JB. ;)

Unfortunately the knobs of the GNS430 are coded into the model, so you cannot simply replace the bitmap and use it as a VC gauge. It's hard to explain, but the only chance I see is to edit the actual screen of the GPS, because that is the only part of the instrument that is controlled by the panel.cfg. All knobs directly call the xml gauge.

I had to do this because of the unique night lighting technique we use. If you look at the Bushhawk at dusk/night you'll see that we do not simply use night overlay bitmaps. In order to get this result all 3D parts (knobs, buttons,...) are not controlled by the gauge. ;)

Thanks JB. ;)

Unfortunately the knobs of the GNS430 are coded into the model, so you cannot simply replace the bitmap and use it as a VC gauge. It's hard to explain, but the only chance I see is to edit the actual screen of the GPS, because that is the only part of the instrument that is controlled by the panel.cfg. All knobs directly call the xml gauge.

I had to do this because of the unique night lighting technique we use. If you look at the Bushhawk at dusk/night you'll see that we do not simply use night overlay bitmaps. In order to get this result all 3D parts (knobs, buttons,...) are not controlled by the gauge. ;)

Would it not be possible to create another model option that removes the GPS and its polygons entirely for RXP users and have this selectable in the patch config that lets you swap between models, so instead of just high detail and low detail have , high, low, high rxp, low rxp?

Thanks JB. ;)

Right I understand that, LOL.. I did listen to you when you mentioned that in the last few posts...I promise I didn't ignore ya....;)

But so far, a polly that lays on top (covering the knobs, in escense excluding the mouse curser from accessing the knobs) may have the same effect of excluding the functionality of the programmed knobs. If I fail in that attempt.. I will be happy just placing the RXP underneath or side by side....

Aren't you guys in Europe? Time for sleepy... LOL..

JB <-------------- Gives Thorsten and Aerosoft two THUMBS UP...

Would it not be possible to create another model option that removes the GPS and its polygons entirely for RXP users and have this selectable in the patch config that lets you swap between models, so instead of just high detail and low detail have , high, low, high rxp, low rxp?

Thats what I thought as well... But since they did such a good job including all the necessary gauges and buttons/ knob functionality into a few files. There might not be an easy way to just extract the the gps coding from the rest of of the VC functionality, without making a big deal out of recoding the, lighting/functionality of the VC....

I know just enough about the SDK to put my foot in my mouth... LOL don't quote me.. ;)

JB

Don't get me wrong Thorsten,

I am in no way asking you guys to add any more work to your already busy schedule...

Just trying to figure outa a way, (Selfishly) to tweak my wants to an already excellent product. Because of the open architecture that exists in FSX, part of my enjoyment as an end user, is to play around with the customisation of the aircraft and scenery.

:)

JB

I absolutely understand and appreciate that.

Actually I don't see why you don't simply use the rxp as a 2D gauge?

I am... But you guys gave us so much imersion with the great VC, it's a shame to not have it there as well...

So I am trying to do so...

JB

Of course I like that you keep on trying, that's what we do too. ;)

We really thought about implementing the RXP into the Bushhawk, but it would've involved quite a lot of work and in the end the lighting of the gauge wouldn't've matched the rest of the VC. Unless of course we implemented it the way we implemented the GNS we use now. But I actually had to alter the original xml code for that and that's not so easy with a c-gauge.

Let's see what the future brings. When the patch will be released (next week, I promise!) we will have the time to think about a possible service pack some time next spring. ;)