Bushhawk Xp

I shall go public again. I have just received a PM by someone who's IQ is less than the length of the "##'d out" language he used on me. Now THAT was an insult.

Clever guy.

Mathijs, I'm more than willing to be signed out - but I think tempers are getting strained here and people are not reading what they see - time to shut and delete the thread and open a new one, which I'll promise to ignore, because there's no getting through to some folk. I tried my best to defend the product...

... now where are the "dumbed down" patches that I know have been delivered? Days ago! Somewhere about three or four pages of rant back in this thread.

Good luck folks, so long and thanks for the fish.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say that but you're not helping the cause at all. Where are the patches you're talking about? Show em to us? Besides maybe you should calm down a bit and stop insulting customers. I stopped to bother with the BH (for the moment) because Carenado released a wonderful Cessna 152 that flies fluid as can be and that's where I spent most of my time in now. But if I read your tirades about people not willing to read and understand I wonder if you actually tried to spend a minute doeing what you ask of others.

I'm not the one who sent the pm but I'm amazed by the courage of whoever did it. I'm just disgusted by the way you seem fit to "defend" the plane. This is surely not in the interest of the Bushawk, Aerosoft or even the developers of the BH. They are at work fixing stuff and trying to squeeze out a few frames. And what are you doeing in the meantime? Harassing customers with your ignorant posts complaing about other peoples ignorance. We all know that YOU have no problem with fps and that YOUR opinion is the only right one and that YOU can fly with single digits frames. :blink:

I know that everyone will now start to batter me but so be it. But your totally inappropriate way of "defending" the BH is not helping anyone and the BH the least. If that shows anything then that future customers have to deal with the "likes of you" if they decide to get the BH and run into an issue here or there. And I think that might hurt sales more than the ones complaining about fps for a good reason (mediocre system). The fps problematic is being worked on but who the heck is developing a fix for you. :angry:

Besides the "official" requirements don't mean anything. They are absolutely the same for the BH besides the VRAM recommendation, the Twin Otter and the H-1. And those three are not performing on a similar level, not even close. So what should a potential customer who has both the Twin Otter and H-1 (knowing the fps from them on his system) make of a system requirement that makes you believe the BH would be similar. I read the requirements and knowing the two other planes performing very well I though the BH would be similar. It isn't (yet) but the requirements on the purchase page do not make you think about the potential "heaviness".

The requirements lists (reduced to the points that are important)...

Bushhawk:

Pentium 2 GHz (Duo2Core Intel strongly advised)

1 GB RAM (2 GB advised)

256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card (512 MB recommended)

Hughes H-1:

Pentium 2 GHz (Duo2Core Intel advised)

1 GB RAM (2 GB advised)

256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card

Twin Otter:

Pentium 2 GHz (Duo2Core Intel advised)

1 GB RAM (2 GB advised)

256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card

Now please show me the point that would make me hesitate knowing I can fly the H-1 and Twin Otter perfectly? The only difference is that you "recommend" 512MB VRAM and "strongly" advise (instead of "normally" advise) a C2D but that's it. The requirements are identical. The performance on those "required" minimum spec machines is not. So please stop telling people that all is fine and dandy and they get 400% increase if the find that magic bullet called "clean system". That is the most stupid thing I ever read. I keep my system clean. I clean the crap out on a weekly basis, I defrag weekly and optimize the ##### out of my settings. That may be the reason why I can fly FSX better than you'd think given that I'm doeing so on a subnotebook.

Let me close by saying that you unfounded claims and disrespect put on display for the customers is shocking to say the least. If behaviour like that is not costing sales I don't know what will. So now you can ban me, bash me or whatever. I'm done here anyway. I don't need that kind of "help" that you put on display. The devs will likely turn the BH into flyable state on mediocre machines but I wonder if there will be anyone left willing to fly her after your "defense".

Hey Cowboy, didn't you sell you bush-hawk in your forum anyway? And why is the posting deleted there? ;)

@all: Open your windows and get some fresh air, all of you! Here are different opinions and Thorsten is working on the patch. Things are getting very personal here and it is not really productive - heading completely into a wrong direction.

Those who have issues posted them and some the system settings so that one can work on that.

Try to take a step aside and see it from a bit of a distance. The main issue is the FPS, so it is taken into account.

Anything else? Too many extras? Too many missions (they are free gifts, btw... for those who think it would have been cheaper without)? But please do not write about the same thing for more than 10 pages!

Have a great weekend! All of you! :)

Edit: Twin Otter perfectly - excuse me? :)

What's wrong with the Twin Otter? I mean fps-wise. I get better fps out of the Twin Otter than I get out of the FSX Cessna. Is that different for you? It's not as detailed or deep as the BH or H-1 but that was not the point. The point was the fps and in that respect the Twin Otter is a beauty - at least on my machine. I fly my Twin Otter at least once a week (mostly around TNCN and TFFJ) and have not seen any dips whatsoever. Do you made other observations?

The Twin Otter is a totally different beast though and not nearly as detailed. But both Twin Otter and BH carry the same "system requiremend". Why?

I've sent my money to Aerosoft to buy an Aerosoft plane and I come to an Aerosoft forum to get answers from Aerosoft.

There's too many non-Aerosoft people talking for nothing on this thread.

Best regards,

Stephan

There's too many non-Aerosoft people talking for nothing on this thread.

Wise words! B)

The patch is nearly finished and will be released soon. And yes, you'll find DDS-textures (but Carenado uses BMPs, too ;)), all of them made by Chris, who now has realy hard pain in his wrist. Not only no Starbuck cup, but much less polygones...

Let's wait for this and see, how it works.

I've really cleaned up my hard drive, tweaked a few FSX settings, and have installed some new modded 180.43 drivers. I'm confident I can squeeze a few more FPS out of this plane. I'll report back with my findings.

EDIT: Well I've got her back in the sim. I need to convert my favorite paint to DDS to reduce the texture loading times, but my FPS are now near 25 in the air. That's at least flyable enough for me to check it out and see the features of the plane. :)

EDIT 2: With autogen off I am getting an average of 27-28 FPS in my VC. That is definitely flyable. But what's a bush plane without the bush ;)

I'm sure all of you will understand that I won't comment any of the things that have been written here over the last 10 days (a time that I was completely out of office). This thread has gone over the limits from the day we released the Bushhawk.

There will be a new thread to announce and discuss the upcoming patch soon.

As some wise man stated before there's too much non-Aerosoft-talk going on in this topic. This is a support forum, not a what-I-always-wanted-to-say-to-the-world-forum.

I will keep this thread open for another 24hrs, but if you keep going on like that (and I especially mean those 2 or 3 of you who don't own the Bushhawk but have a lot to say about its performance!) I will close it.

You know why? Because I'm chief developer, and I want to concentrate on my work and not on whatever you think you might have to write down here despite the fact that everything important was said 2 weeks ago already - and if you keep spamming up this thread I won't find any time to concentrate on my work.

As the target of my work is to make you happy, this shouldn't be too difficult, should it? ;)

Those of you who have lower FPS and are waiting for the patch, try different graphics drivers. They made a significant difference for me. If they don't work, you can always rollback to the old ones you had installed. As with the F-16, turning shadows off really helps due to the sheer number of polys. If you have lower specs that should increase your performance a good amount.

I'm sure all of you will understand that I won't comment any of the things that have been written here over the last 10 days (a time that I was completely out of office). This thread has gone over the limits from the day we released the Bushhawk.

There will be a new thread to announce and discuss the upcoming patch soon.

As some wise man stated before there's too much non-Aerosoft-talk going on in this topic. This is a support forum, not a what-I-always-wanted-to-say-to-the-world-forum.

I will keep this thread open for another 24hrs, but if you keep going on like that (and I especially mean those 2 or 3 of you who don't own the Bushhawk but have a lot to say about its performance!) I will close it.

You know why? Because I'm chief developer, and I want to concentrate on my work and not on whatever you think you might have to write down here despite the fact that everything important was said 2 weeks ago already - and if you keep spamming up this thread I won't find any time to concentrate on my work.

As the target of my work is to make you happy, this shouldn't be too difficult, should it? ;)

Quite right, fix it for the customer, and the non-customer will then be able to make informed purchase decisions.

Getting away from the FPS issues, I noticed a couple things yesterday while doing the Whitehorse Canoe mission.

1. My flaps were not working; I tried 3 things to see if I could get them to drop; but they remained at 0°, I used my regular buttons on my controller that I use normally, then I used the default F7, F8keys and F5, F6 to see if the indicator was registering wrong (of course now in hindsight I should have taken an actual look outside the plane to see if this was the case:p), then I actually tried the flaps switch, I saw the indicator sort of move but stick, so maybe I just had a realistic jam. It wasn't the most optimum speed to try and land on the water, but no damage done.

2. After dropping off the passengers I couldn't get rid of the canoe, even after emptying all the cargo... I had to take the canoeists canoe with me to complete the mission. They must've been really p****d :D

Want to see a small (1:40 min) video with the Bushhawk in Bella Coola?

;) For a better quality feel free to download the wmv-file.

The Bushhawk XP in this video uses Redux-Lights. For those of you who own the Shockwave 3D Redux Lights from A2A, here the changes you have to do in the file aircraft.cfg:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=Beacon 2=Strobe 3=Navigation or Position 4=Cockpit 5=Landing 6=Taxi 7=Recog 8=Wing 9=Logo 10=Cabin

//light.0 = 4, 0.00, 0.00, 3.00, fw_Bushhawk_VC

//light.1 = 5, 1.25, 10.85, 3.65, fx_landing ,

//light.2 = 6, 1.25, 10.65, 3.65, fx_landing ,

//light.3 = 3, 0.92, 17.82, 3.75, fw_Bushhawk_NavGreen ,

//light.4 = 3, 0.85, -17.82, 3.75, fw_Bushhawk_NavRed ,

//light.5 = 2, 0.68, 18.00, 3.75, fw_Bushhawk_Strobes ,

//light.6 = 2, 0.62, -18.00, 3.75, fw_Bushhawk_Strobes ,

light.0 = 4, 0.00, 0.00, 3.00, fx_shockwave_vclight

light.1 = 5, 1.60, 10.85, 3.55, fx_shockwave_landing_light_short

light.2 = 6, 1.90, 10.65, 3.55, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow

light.3 = 3, 0.92, 17.82, 3.75, fx_shockwave_navgre

light.4 = 3, 0.85, -17.82, 3.75, fx_shockwave_navred

light.5 = 3, -18.10, 0.00, 1.75, fx_shockwave_navwhi

light.6 = 2, 0.68, 18.00, 3.75, fx_shockwave_strobe

light.7 = 2, 0.62, -18.00, 3.75, fx_shockwave_strobe_2

Just copy and paste the light section, you see the original settings above. You must do the changes for every model!

Second you have to edit the panel.cfg. You'll find this file in the panel.ifr / panel.vfr folder of Bushhawk XP - General. Find the section [VCockpit01] and add the line

gauge13=shockwave_lights!SW Lights, 1, 1, 1, 1 //shockwave light

Well done! Have fun with your new lights :).

Nice. :)

Raedwulf: Har to tell what happened, maybe it really was a rather seldom flap failure. The rocker sometimes stays in a position if you work it with the mouse and "slip" off it. That doesn't affect the flaps though.

The canoe does not vanish? Erm, bad programming! :D I'll look into it...

I ran the Alpine canoe trip again, brought a second group of canoeists with me, took their canoe as well... at least when I drop off all cargo I leave the back seats for them :lol:

The flap issue did not occur again, so it might have been a random failure caused by my realism settingsinfluencing the problem

Captain,

I'm a newcomer.

Before finishing installation of the AS_BUSHHAWKXP_FSX, a message:"ERROR with edit FSCategories.xml..the Mission is not available" has appeared.

However, 10 BHXP - missions are included in the \FSX\Missions\Aerosoft Missions directory.

What has happened to it?

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara

We had this error message one or 2 times in betatesting. It seems the fscategory includes some errand modification (by another addon?). The installer should've completed the instalation correctly though and everything should work as expected. ;)

Want to see a small (1:40 min) video with the Bushhawk in Bella Coola?
;) For a better quality feel free to download the wmv-file.

The Bushhawk XP in this video uses Redux-Lights....

Thank you Mr. Pidder!

I've saved this information so I can do the update when I get my BushHawk X in my next Bulk Purchase Order #2. Thank you for spending the time to do this so that I don't have to then and can just enjoy it. B)

PS: Love the Video! :D

We had this error message one or 2 times in betatesting. It seems the fscategory includes some errand modification (by another addon?). The installer should've completed the instalation correctly though and everything should work as expected. ;)

Dear Thorsten,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I have relieved.

BUSHHAW-XP is very likable to me, I will enjoy it!

Sincerely,

Kan-ichiro Fushihara