Bushhawk Xp

Thanks for the update Thorsten. I'm looking forward to it :D

Can't wait to fly and enjoy your work of art.

Chris, could you please stop your huge policing posts. (I decided to delete the rest I had typed...)

Respectfully,

Kiwikat

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update Thorsten. I'm looking forward to it :D

Can't wait to fly and enjoy your work of art.

Chris, could you please stop your huge policing posts. (I decided to delete the rest I had typed...)

Respectfully,

Kiwikat

They're not "policing"

I finally understand the meaning of free speech - you're allowed to say what you want, but the person being "spoken at" is not allowed to answer in his defence.

Fine!

Fine - I like that. After Chris' intersting (and I think it should be interesting for all) words and Simon's answer (which has its relevance too) I really want to request concentrating on the topic now or we will have to turn the key.

If you like view the video http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20555 - maybe that tells more than 1000 words. In any way it's a work of art, that video. Thanks Cody! :)

Fine - I like that. After Chris' intersting (and I think it should be interesting for all) words and Simon's answer (which has its relevance too) I really want to request concentrating on the topic now or we will have to turn the key.

If you like view the video http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20555 - maybe that tells more than 1000 words. In any way it's a work of art, that video. Thanks Cody! :)

After reading all the posts here,i decided not to buy the BH,but yesterday i couldn`t resist-and i`m very happy with it.

No Problems with FPS on my machine,around 22 in the VC.Thanks to the developers!

Only the price is----let`s say it this way,when the two models missing now would come later in an free update ---it`s ok.

Best regards

Michael

I must say that I am delighted with the Bushhawk sim. The attention to detail is incredible and I really haven't been bothered by performance issues on my system. This said, I would like the option of an autopilot and a water rudder switch. I have seen them added to the landing gear display and this might make sense, even if not technically accurate.

My purpose for postiing, however, is not so much about the aircraft, but rather the view of the pilot to look left and right. I have never flown in a BushHawk, but I have flown several times in Cessnas where the wings obscure the side view for the pilot and co-pilot. In actual flight this is not a problem since you quickly adapt to scrunching down and tipping forward when sweeping the horizon to the left or right. So, my question is whther there is any way to automate or simulate a similar process in FSX?

My purpose for postiing, however, is not so much about the aircraft, but rather the view of the pilot to look left and right. I have never flown in a BushHawk, but I have flown several times in Cessnas where the wings obscure the side view for the pilot and co-pilot. In actual flight this is not a problem since you quickly adapt to scrunching down and tipping forward when sweeping the horizon to the left or right. So, my question is whther there is any way to automate or simulate a similar process in FSX?

The pilot is sitting indeed at a very high position which make it difficult to view out of the side windows. Two solutions for this: the best might be using a TrackIR, I have much fun with that addon! Second you change your seat hight with "Shift" + "Tab" or "Shift" + "Enter".

Hi All

Despite the low frame rate I am enjoying this product and well done for doing such a good job.

Just 2 things and forgive me if someone else has covered these but despite looking all over the cockpit (and in the manual) i cannot find:-

1. Carb Heat control.

2. Water Rudder switch.

Am i turning blind? Sorry if I have missed these.

Again my congratulations for an interesting choice of product.

Regards

GJ

Hi All

Despite the low frame rate I am enjoying this product and well done for doing such a good job.

Just 2 things and forgive me if someone else has covered these but despite looking all over the cockpit (and in the manual) i cannot find:-

1. Carb Heat control.

2. Water Rudder switch.

Am i turning blind? Sorry if I have missed these.

Again my congratulations for an interesting choice of product.

Regards

GJ

Hi there I do believe this engine is fuel injected! No carb heat worries for you! ;) I'm editing this as I should point out keep an eye on the Manifold Pressure though. I iced up in western Canada yesterday at around 10,000 feet. You can still ice up if conditions are right and it that case you either get down or get up somewhere out of the moisture or to a warmer temp.

And to the fellows who are griping about autopilot. Yeah it doesn't belong in this aircraft but it's pretty darn easy to add it and it's my own personal preference to do so... When I have a 600nm leg ahead of me on FSE I darn well feel like climbing to 10,000 leaning it out, pluggin the autopilot in and turnin up the tunes! Of course I'm not looking to use it on shorter legs or when I'm scud runnin the weather, it's just nice to have when I want it. I just use hotkeys anyway I don't need a gauge.

Hi there I do believe this engine is fuel injected! No carb heat worries for you! ;) I'm editing this as I should point out keep an eye on the Manifold Pressure though. I iced up in western Canada yesterday at around 10,000 feet. You can still ice up if conditions are right and it that case you either get down or get up somewhere out of the moisture or to a warmer temp.

TX Travis - that would explain the lack of carb heat LOL

I agree that implementing the water rudder into the "water-gauge" might be an idea, even if that would be unrealistic.

There is a small knob that is used to control volume of the gear warning sound in reality. This has no function in fsx, so I think I could use it as a clickspot for the waterrudder in a free update later this year. ;)

I agree that implementing the water rudder into the "water-gauge" might be an idea, even if that would be unrealistic.

There is a small knob that is used to control volume of the gear warning sound in reality. This has no function in fsx, so I think I could use it as a clickspot for the waterrudder in a free update later this year. ;)

Yea I think you're going to have to fudge a little reality to make everyone happy with that one Thorsten ;) Until our computers know our hand-gestures and we can physically reach under our computer chair... I mean captain seat :P CTRL-w has always seemed to do the trick for me lol

I picked it up tonight - I was quite excited to see a Bush Hawk payware finally available.

Unfortunately the framerates ruined the excitement pretty quickly. They are half any other addon for me. Sure there are lots of features but either way the framerates make it almost unusable. In the Twin Otter or Beaver I get 25 fps (locked) all the time. With the Bush Hawk it was averaging 12.

My system is a Dell XPS630 - Core2Duo E8500 3.16ghz / Geforce 8800 GT 512mb / Soundblaster XfI soundcard / 4GB Corsair Ram / Vista 32bit

I really hope something can be done to increase framerates. I'm willing to lose a few features (though I hope frosting windows can stay since I'll do a lot of winter flying in Canada!), I don't care if a few of the switches and knobs look a bit clunky - I want it like the Beaver and Twotter where I can always count on decent framerates which allow me to actually enjoy the plane instead of muttering curses at FSX for low fps.

Anyhow the rest of the addon does seem great, but until the framerates are fixed it seems many of us can't enjoy it.

Oh and an autopilot would be nice. I work full time and go to university at the same time - so I tend to take off, fly by hand up to cruise - then let the autopilot take over for cruise so I can do some reading and other homework until its time to descend. That's not "not getting the intention of the plane", it's working within our own schedules - not all of us are retired with as much time to fly as we want unfortunately lol.

Anyhow lots of promise in this one, hope the fps issues can be resolved.

....unfortunately the framerates....to do with the textures...an autopilot would be nice...

Hi David, all this issues are discussed here before. The devs are working for a patch. In the meantime you should read this thread for more information ;).

My system is a Dell XPS630 - Core2Duo E8500 3.16ghz / Geforce 8800 GT 512mb / Soundblaster XfI soundcard / 4GB Corsair Ram / Vista 32bit

I have an E6400 OCd to 3.1ghx, 2GB RAM and a Geforce 8800GTX 768mb. I'm running a dual boot with vista and xp. I am easily getting double the framerates you are.....

I have an E6400 OCd to 3.1ghx, 2GB RAM and a Geforce 8800GTX 768mb. I'm running a dual boot with vista and xp. I am easily getting double the framerates you are.....

I'm wondering if the 768mb memory on the video card is making the difference. I'm almost sure its a texture based issue for my system. I'm probably going to wipe out my FSX install and start from a clean install again.

As for the Patch and that, yes I'm aware they were being discussed, just wanted to add my two cents, even if 2 cents Canadian aren't worth as much as before (Aerosoft please open a Canadian shop at Canadian dollars again!). I look forward to it and hope the fps issue is solved as it is an awesome addon otherwise.

Also are you running in DX10 or DX9 mode, which do you find works better?

David... I'll be VERY honest here. Like most developers, I find that using XP is the best option for doing my work. Just by switching to XP, I gain an easy 7-10 FPS in almost all addons. My assumption is the lower overhead of XP versus older systems. Even using Tweak Guides (www.tweakguides.com) for Vista, I still take a considerable hit.... but not just against the Bush Hawk, but FSX in general.

DX10 Preview mode is just that. Even by Phil Taylor's admittance (and we had several swapped e-mails on this matter), it didn't turn out like everyone had hoped. There are many issues with it and it was not optimized like we had hoped. The advantage (besides the obvious advantages like cockpit shadows, etc) is how it changes the overhead for things like bloom. You will find that DX10 VS DX9 in areas like bloom, DX9 takes a much larger hit. How do I get around this for my work? Simple. Since I don't use Vista for my physical work, I gain the FPS in XP to adapt for bloom when I need to film it.

My answer? It is tough. Wait for a patch. Short of that, if you MUST have FSX running faster... there is no easy answer. You might consider in the future switching to XP. I have found overall that video cards make little difference above 512mb with FSX. I had a Radeon 1900xtx and switched to the Nvidia 8800 GTX. I noticed NO change in framerates. Now, when I upped my overclock to 3.1ghz (which was from 2.1ghz makes it pretty high), I noticed a signifigant increase in FPS. As is well documented, reaffirmed by Microsoft and otherwise, the biggest FPS increase generally in FSX is your CPU.

Now, with that in mind, consider that any background tasks and other utilities running at the same time will suck up CPU cycles. This takes away from FSX signifigantly more than other programs. Also, make sure you have a good defrag. Every little bit eventually adds up and helps.... which is another reason I headed to Tweak Guides to ensure that overhead is limited.

I hope that gives you, and others, some food for though. Sure, the Bush Hawk as is now might be hurting some of you guys with FSX... for me, it is no issue. I can't say for certain what the problem is, but I know that it is being looked into. I however under my conditions run the addon quite well. It performs no worse than the MD-11 that others are mentioning, and many of you have better computers. I just don't have all the answers as to why this is.

They're not "policing"

I finally understand the meaning of free speech - you're allowed to say what you want, but the person being "spoken at" is not allowed to answer in his defence.

Fine!

In fact they are policing and I wasn't even addressing my comments about this waste of HD space to you Chris. But indeed you have the right to your opinions. Keep them coming... :rolleyes:

BTW the sim is all about visuals by lack of tactical sensation..so I do care about levers not being modelled. And yes those coffee cups are visuals I can live without, because in reality my cockpit is clean.

Rob

In fact they are policing and I wasn't even addressing my comments about this waste of HD space to you Chris. But indeed you have the right to your opinions. Keep them coming... :rolleyes:

To call the product a waste of HD space is fairly subjective. I personally, and I am sure many agree, that this is a great product. I don't have these issues, but for those that do, the developers are looking for solutions. I hope that with their update(s), your opinion will change.

BTW the sim is all about visuals by lack of tactical sensation..so I do care about levers not being modelled. And yes those coffee cups are visuals I can live without, because in reality my cockpit is clean.

Rob

Unfortunately, I cannot ring those same sentiments with the bush planes I had the joy of fly and fly in when I lived in Alaska. While most were generally taken care of, others were quite grotesque. I actually flew in a Cessna 172 in my flight club that had a post it note above the RPM indicator saying not to run it below 800 RPM or the engine might cut out.... Another plane that I flew in had a bullet hole in it. *shrugs*

Geez tough crowd... I don't think it's fair to go attacking on the visuals inside the cockpit. Like Cody, I have seen many aircraft that looked hideous on the inside (and out). I have a Super Cub and you bet your booty I keep the inside tidy but I do land off-airport and about 2 years ago put 8 holes through the stablizer and elevator with some razor sharp rocks. So to say that airplanes stay perfect you are simply back in dreamworld, some of us like the re-creation of the real world thing. But every man to his own opinion I just think things are getting a little out of hand here. Give Thorsten a chance to collect the thoughts.

Is there a certain reason the load manager does not work? It somehow does not seem to manage anything, just displaying data. Can that be fixed somehow?

I believe that's covered in the manual, Cowboy.

Yes, it says it works in the missions only because of limitations of the FSX. But what limitations are those? After all there are addons with a realtime load manager that does exactly what the BH manual states is impossible. Is the BH working differently in that regard?