Bushhawk Xp

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, she looks great! One little niggle ( I understand she is still Beta). I believe Aerocet floats are composite floats and as such don't have rivets. Outside of that the level of detail is excellent.

Keep up the good work and let's hope the US dollar rebounds before it's release.

I'm sure you'll like it. It's no sudden death, it's a slow, painful process. :lol:

The only thing I don't like is that I saw "flight into known icing conditions prohibited"

I don't like it either. In my private VC I pinned a sticker over those texts, just like I do with those "65mph" signs on highways "smoking can kill" stickers on fags and "adults only" on those **** :P

And while you guys are getting all picky with the final details, I just wanted to see if mine would float. Thankfully the results were positive ;)

This girl was way off course, landing on the Amazon!

aero_bushhawk_13.jpg

aero_bushhawk_14.jpg

Aye, the guy here at AUS took me in one yesterday, they're great fun!

In the first screen, 2nd level of gauges, 1st gauge, that was a pressure gauge in this guys plane, with PSI readings.

Also, the other parts look like it so far, I'll get some pics when he returns of his setup.

You mean you actually fly Bushhawks down under? :o

If you look at 10 different Bushhawk panels you will find 10 different sets of instruments. Every BH is fit to its owner's likes. That's why we give you 3 different panels.

@Nick C: Those are the best pics yet because they finally show some subtle wear and dirt. That's just like it should look. Can't wait. Those dents in the side look particularely impressive. What was the release date again? :lol:

@VH-Bushhawks: No matter if real or not, some VC-paints would be more than welcome. After all Australia is THE region for the serious bush pilots in FSX atm thanks the FTX and OZx. Leaving that market away by not including VC-paints would be a HUGE oversight. So please, with sugar on top, conside VC-paints - fictional or real.

A guy here at our local airport has one and took me up in one.

He did let me fly it for a bit, around 30 minutes or so? Then he took back the stick.

Though, it's embarassing at his paint scheme, he hasn't gotten it painted in years or so it appears.

People would love that! Do you think you could get some pictures for us? Please send me an e-mail. chris at simflight dot com

@Nick C: Those are the best pics yet because they finally show some subtle wear and dirt. That's just like it should look. Can't wait. Those dents in the side look particularely impressive. What was the release date again? :lol:

@VH-Bushhawks: No matter if real or not, some VC-paints would be more than welcome. After all Australia is THE region for the serious bush pilots in FSX atm thanks the FTX and OZx. Leaving that market away by not including VC-paints would be a HUGE oversight. So please, with sugar on top, conside VC-paints - fictional or real.

It's all in hand. ;)

Anyway... so many of you are asking, so here is just an indication of what may or may not be in the release. Please note, some of these may not be in the release and certainly others are in progress. These are just out of my current "stock" of samplers. I am not taking orders, but I have been listening to the odd wish... ;)

There is a lot of mix and match still to be done, but you are going to have far more choices than you can shake a stick at.

ynot.jpg

works.jpg

white.jpg

nueltin.jpg

nov1i.jpg

n34gr.jpg

hunter.jpg

grot.jpg

groh.jpg

green.jpg

gdwv.jpg

gdwu.jpg

fejm.jpg

doc.jpg

dedmk.jpg

aus.jpg

N818.jpg

796.jpg

Eagleskinner, your happy paintbrush.

Nice, I see two VH-... Thank you! Release please :lol:

Could you post some shots of the various models (if you're allowed to do so)? I'd love to see how the tundra version looks.

All in due time... ;)

His plane looks like http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBri...s%202/nov1i.jpg but without the stripes or logo, and it says "Greg's retreat" on where the fueselage kind of splits with the colours in that picture, but that's the kind of rust I'm talking about.

Oh dear... I do hope he's a better mechanic than housekeeper then :lol:

The thing is, in the real world, most owners actually keep their planes scrupulously clean, so it is very hard to justify extreme weathering on these paints. At least one of these is government owned, several of the others are commercially operated and the factory demonstrator is also not going to be left gathering dust so you shouldn't expect a lot of dirt on the real world planes anyway. And with the price of Avgas, you want to do anything possible to reduce drag - and that includes wiping off the dead flies after every flight.

But there will be something for everyone...

You are right there Valteri. Well, actually wrong... the hatch covers on the floats are raised, so it's the other side that looks off... :wink:

BUT... there really is a severe lack of space on the textures - and unfortunately there is only one float upper. I'll try to get Thorsten to "dodge" the mapping. After all, there's no "reversible" text on the float uppers. Or I may just adjust the bump lighting to come from dead ahead.

I also have a few other bump paint options I am working on. We should have the right solutions in the end.

You are right there Valteri. Well, actually wrong... the hatch covers on the floats are raised, so it's the other side that looks off... :wink:

BUT... there really is a severe lack of space on the textures - and unfortunately there is only one float upper. I'll try to get Thorsten to "dodge" the mapping. After all, there's no "reversible" text on the float uppers. Or I may just adjust the bump lighting to come from dead ahead.

I also have a few other bump paint options I am working on. We should have the right solutions in the end.

okay I didn't know that :lol: