Bushhawk Xp

• Aerosoft

The BushHawk XP is one of the most successful small aircraft intended for bush aircraft and to date a good version for FS is missing. Thorsten Reichert (and others) decided that that this needed to be corrected and started development. Over time this grew into a rather big project that spans the complete range of BushHawks XP with at least 3 models (floats, wheel, ski), at least 10 interiors. All gauges are fully 3d and the amount of animations is exceeding 100 as we speak (or rather write). All in all this is a high end simulation of this aircraft and Aerosoft is proud to assist and market it. Release should be in October this year.

The images are from the current beta with loads of little things (like a pilot, ahum) to be added or changed.

bh1b17.jpg

bh1b22.jpg

bh1b30.jpg

bhx028.jpg

bhx034.jpg

Don't ask for a FS2004 version, this is a new project and fully based on FSX. If you like to discuss this please do so at: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19472 and not here.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Nice work on the rivets bump maps!

Yep... that's one of the BIG advantages on working on smaller aircraft, to get the same effect on something the size of the Catalina would mean making the external bitmaps at least 4 times as large, something that's not possible without serious effects on performance. it's also simple progress, every month the good developers learn more and more.

Let me add some more information:

- There will be 5 different models (amphibian, floats, taildragger, skis and tundra wheels) and 3 completely different panel layouts.

- Panel will be completely 3D with dimmable backlights for instruments and gauges

- High end gauges, specially built for this project, for example Electronics International and Insight Graphical Engine Monitor.

- ...almost forgot: The BushhawkXP will run perfectly under FSX SP2 and will be 100% DX9 and DX10 compatible!

- And a lot more we will show you soon - so stay tuned. ;)

• Aerosoft
I dont like the cockpit textures, they are too clean and unused. It look like one colour without any scratches or dirt.

That's one reason it's called a beta, lol. The layers that make something dirty and scratched are always applied last.

Let me add some more information:

- There will be 5 different models (amphibian, floats, taildragger, skis and tundra wheels) and 3 completely different panel layouts.

- Panel will be completely 3D with dimmable backlights for instruments and gauges

- High end gauges, specially built for this project, for example Electronics International and Insight Graphical Engine Monitor.

- ...almost forgot: The BushhawkXP will run perfectly under FSX SP2 and will be 100% DX9 and DX10 compatible!

- And a lot more we will show you soon - so stay tuned. ;)

This looks so nice  :)

How long she's been in development?

Hi Guys

Well it looks promising,but I was hot on the F-16 and was

given the impression it was due on June :rolleyes:

Ok,this plane will help me fly to the military AB where the F-16 parks. :lol:

Bye,

David

I dont like the cockpit textures, they are too clean and unused. It look like one colour without any scratches or dirt.

I was surprised too. But when you browse around the usual photo sites, you find out that most examples of this particular plane are, how shall I say it, loved like a car nut loves his pride and joy. You'll find extremely few, if any, images of a worn, faded and beaten up Bush Hawk - even if they can take a quad-bike in the rear and apparently more cargo than your average bush-pounder. Definitely one for the bush though. Looks great.

How long she's been in development?

First works started last summer - and we'll give you this bird autumn 2008 for sure. I know how it feels to wait 15 months for the aircraft you're looking foreward to. :lol:

Hello to all Aerosoft AddOn Lovers and Aerosoft Crew Members here!

To the Post of "Sascha Matouschek" I have to say something. (Not especialy to it perhaps the meaning was different but It is inspired of it)

Since a long time I thing of it, I hate these streched bluryed faded Bitmapmud that find the Way into some otherwise good Cockpits.

Ok, it is a photo of the real thing but it looks like a photopuzzle and I wanna feel like a Pilot not like an Artist sitting in a Photo Gallary.

I prefere the clean style that perhaps can saves CPU and GPU power this can also look second hand.

Aerosoft does this in a great manner, also I like the Produkts of RealAir and A2A, I don't like the earlier work of Cerenado with full functional non polegone knops with perspekive errors by looking not from the Developers choosen point of view.

Also A great Plane but A Photo Gallary too is the Univer DC-2 or the Alouette (I want It but I can't Buy it for this reason), not my cup of tea.

I can't understand why Cockpits are been build this way.

Now I fell better... :-)

By the Whay does anyone know where to land with ski's? There are so beautifull Planes with ski's but I can't find the right terrain.

Adios Amigos

Lovely plane! Incredible work for the bump mapping and the general look of the aircraft. Excellent choice! If you need a betatester, you know where to find me, Mathijs ;-)! It would be a honor to help completing such a project...I just love aircraft like this.

• Aerosoft
Hello to all Aerosoft AddOn Lovers and Aerosoft Crew Members here!

To the Post of "Sascha Matouschek" I have to say something. (Not especialy to it perhaps the meaning was different but It is inspired of it)

Since a long time I thing of it, I hate these streched bluryed faded Bitmapmud that find the Way into some otherwise good Cockpits.

Ok, it is a photo of the real thing but it looks like a photopuzzle and I wanna feel like a Pilot not like an Artist sitting in a Photo Gallary.

I prefere the clean style that perhaps can saves CPU and GPU power this can also look second hand.

Aerosoft does this in a great manner, also I like the Produkts of RealAir and A2A, I don't like the earlier work of Cerenado with full functional non polegone knops with perspekive errors by looking not from the Developers choosen point of view.

Also A great Plane but A Photo Gallary too is the Univer DC-2 or the Alouette (I want It but I can't Buy it for this reason), not my cup of tea.

I can't understand why Cockpits are been build this way.

Now I fell better... :-)

By the Whay does anyone know where to land with ski's? There are so beautifull Planes with ski's but I can't find the right terrain.

Adios Amigos

A clean or a dirty texture won't make a difference in framerate, but it is hard to find the correct level of 'weathering' as it always works a lot better on photographs then it does in FSX.

What? no scenery with it?

Actually there will be a small Scenery of Parry Sound/Canada included, where the original Bushhawk is built, but this will be a rather fictional scenery, just to have some hangars and scenery there.

But there will be lots of free flights, tutorial flights and missions included in the pack.

And of course there are really great scenery addons out there (Alaska, BC, Tongass, Australia, Switzerland,...) where this bird just fits perfectly. ;)

There will be flights and missions included for ski operations as well, but for a start play the Denali Basecamp mission with the Maule. Up at the camp you can skid around on the glacier with those skis. :P

Looks great Mathijs! Looking forward to this one as well. You guys have some great aircraft coming out and I just picked up the Twotter last week and what a great aircraft. You got my fathers seal of approval as well, I had him fly it as he used to be a Twin Otter pilot in Alaska in the late 70's early 80's.

Actually there will be a small Scenery of Parry Sound/Canada included, where the original Bushhawk is built, but this will be a rather fictional scenery, just to have some hangars and scenery there.

But there will be lots of free flights, tutorial flights and missions included in the pack.

And of course there are really great scenery addons out there (Alaska, BC, Tongass, Australia, Switzerland,...) where this bird just fits perfectly. ;)

There will be flights and missions included for ski operations as well, but for a start play the Denali Basecamp mission with the Maule. Up at the camp you can skid around on the glacier with those skis. :P

Hello, thank you for these skiing hints, I will try it asap. ;)

A clean or a dirty texture won't make a difference in framerate, but it is hard to find the correct level of 'weathering' as it always works a lot better on photographs then it does in FSX.

Oh, ok, I never tryed to make Repaints but I thought Framerate depends on the amount of Pixel used for the skin of an object.

Is this resolution fix in FS? So it could be some thing different what disturbs me, perhaps the contrast or the fixed and for the lightsource not matching shadows. Ok, what ever, it is great to have all these AddOns an the developpers of them, with or with out these Photo skins.

Bye :rolleyes: