Manhattan X

Have not been on the forums for a while and this is very good news ... loved Manhattan for FS9 and really looking forward to this for FSX.

There was a small bug in landing on top off the Pan Am building (I think it was that one?) the collision detection always resulted in a crash, hope that is fixed in this version, would love to see more usable skyscraper helicopter landing pads as one of the benefits of FSX is that the helicopter flight models are actually usable.

Would love to see this scenery as well lit up at night as the real thing is ... as someone else has already mentioned.

Thanks Aerosoft, really looking fwd to this one :)

• Aerosoft
Have not been on the forums for a while and this is very good news ... loved Manhattan for FS9 and really looking forward to this for FSX.

There was a small bug in landing on top off the Pan Am building (I think it was that one?) the collision detection always resulted in a crash, hope that is fixed in this version, would love to see more usable skyscraper helicopter landing pads as one of the benefits of FSX is that the helicopter flight models are actually usable.

Would love to see this scenery as well lit up at night as the real thing is ... as someone else has already mentioned.

Thanks Aerosoft, really looking fwd to this one :)

Yes it was a nasty problem we were never fully able to solve. Though the helipad isn't there anymore I'll see if we can get it usable in the new version.

Cool. My FS9 Manhattan was one of my all time favorite I used it to show off my Flight Sim gig to friends! They would just stare dumb struck at the screen. :lol:

I know Megascenery is working on a high resolution New York. There is also a JFK airport that is coming. So all in all, looking forward to it.

I only hope someone would do La Guardia and Newark Intl too!

Manny

Would love to know what the specs are of your "Test Machines!"

Any chance you could list them.

It has always intigued me what developers use Spec-Wise when working on add-ons for FSX.

Would love to know what the specs are of your "Test Machines!"

Any chance you could list them.

It has always intigued me what developers use Spec-Wise when working on add-ons for FSX.

Not really an answer to your question, but perhaps of interest to you, in case you didn't see the thread yet :

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19695

Quite comprehensive and up-to-date on how to run FSX really fast on a machine that's very affordable! :)

Manhattan X looks great, but will the Twin Towers be put in place as well as a homage to the fallen in respect to all those who not only have lost their lives, but also to those who relentlessly kept searching wihtout end for survivors so to save as much lives as they possibly could do?

Perhaps that many don't want to be remembered, but I think it would be a great signal as well in that terrorist can maybe wrech havoc in trying to terrorize us, but won't break our spirit ever in standing up to them.

It's only virtual here, but they won't be able to tear it down at all now.

Just a thought tho.

Manhattan X looks great, but will the Twin Towers be put in place as well as a homage to the fallen in respect to all those who not only have lost their lives, but also to those who relentlessly kept searching wihtout end for survivors so to save as much lives as they possibly could do?

Perhaps that many don't want to be remembered, but I think it would be a great signal as well in that terrorist can maybe wrech havoc in trying to terrorize us, but won't break our spirit ever in standing up to them.

It's only virtual here, but they won't be able to tear it down at all now.

Just a thought tho.

I wouldn't put twin towers there, because they have been down for 7 years now and after all we are trying to simulate real life, in real life you can't see twin towers there anymore.

Yes, I know Isola, but it would be a great show of respect if we could be lenient on this rule for this particular matter concerning Manhatten. It doesn't matter how long ago it happened because it's one of those things we should not forget ever, even keeping remembering that a flight simulator is still just something virtual and not really real.

No matter how hard we may try to simulate real life, then it will never be truly the real thing. And so in this regard is it my personal feeling and opinion that we especially for this kind of situation should be courageous enough to be human within the unifying concept of thinking that we also in the virtual world are ready and capable of showing our sincere respect for the reality that is real and has really happened.

After all is it possible to use the Microsoft Flight Simulator to simulate war epos as well if you would want to do so. You just create the scenery, put it in place at the exact spot and then fly the special designed spitfires or Messchersmidts for this purpose and do an online battle simulation over the Channel between Dover and Calais for instance.

Would this be simulating real life today? Not really either, but it is possible to do so.

So why not creating the twin towers, something that will only take a very tiny bit of the percentage for the entire project at the end, but with a very important message of respect, courage and determination of never again.

Worth a thought I feel and think.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello together,

i really really like your screens. It looks fantastic. I've alittle question to you. are you planning to build a new one for the fs9, too ?

thank you.

regards

jan eric

I seriously doubt it Jan, not much of a market for FS9 and there is a good existing one already.

I seriously doubt it Jan, not much of a market for FS9 and there is a good existing one already.

And the FS9 version still looks great, I installed mine again just this last weekend and it looks as fresh as the day it was made.

Looking forward to seeing the FSX version, keep up the good work.

Mathijs,

How do you and other developers like you get all the information for scenery products? Do you ask people in the area to take pictures, go there your self, or even just search for pics on the internet? Is it the same for the aircraft you build? Regardless of how you manage, It always looks very good!

Just interested...

Thanks and best regards,

Conrad

Mathijs,

How do you and other developers like you get all the information for scenery products? Do you ask people in the area to take pictures, go there your self, or even just search for pics on the internet? Is it the same for the aircraft you build? Regardless of how you manage, It always looks very good!

Just interested...

Thanks and best regards,

Conrad

For scenery I believe it's little bit all of those you mentioned. Internet is of course bit tricky, because Aerosoft really has to find a reliable source of accurate enough pics of the area, which usually have copyrights so they have to pay for every source image they use.

About aircrafts I have nothing to say.

For scenery I believe it's little bit all of those you mentioned. Internet is of course bit tricky, because Aerosoft really has to find a reliable source of accurate enough pics of the area, which usually have copyrights so they have to pay for every source image they use.

About aircrafts I have nothing to say.

Ah,

Thanks Valtteri!

Best,

Conrad