Manhattan X

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering how the frame rates will be compared to the default Manhattan scenery. Any improvements or will they relatively be the same?

Hi,

I can't compare this new scenery to the default, as they are just two very different beasts.

Apart from a few nicely done individual buildings, the default scenery is mostly autogen and nothing else.

I get solid 25 frames with my 6700Q and 8800GTS. Water setting though counts a lot.

Andras

• 4 weeks later...
Excellent screenies!

I really enjoyed Aerosoft Manhattan for FS2004. However, one element that disappointed me with this product was the flat terrain the came with the scenery. In reality, Manhattan and the surrounding Pallisades is very hilly. Will the new FSX version include accurate terrain? Thanks for the clarification.

Sincerely,

Walter

• 2 weeks later...
Why dont you add in the World Trade Centre as an option on installation!?!?!

It isnt a crime to have them included is it, im sure most of us loved them towering over everything else

Or what's next to come ...

freedom-tower-1.jpg

You know what i mean.....It would be excellent to have that kinda option, WTC or the Freedom tower, its just nice to fly over Manhattan on approach or departure and see a real defining skyline

Hey Mathjis,

I am a native New Yorker, raised in brooklyn, and currently living on Wall Street (My apartment building is in one of your screenshots : ) ) .... If I can lend a hand to your project..I'd be happy to help

Cool. My FS9 Manhattan was one of my all time favorite I used it to show off my Flight Sim gig to friends! They would just stare dumb struck at the screen. :lol:

I know Megascenery is working on a high resolution New York. There is also a JFK airport that is coming. So all in all, looking forward to it.

I only hope someone would do La Guardia and Newark Intl too!

Manny

http://www.imaginesim.com/klga01.htm

and I believe they're updating this one

http://www.imaginesim.com/kewr01.htm

Unfortunately Imagine Sim is not doing a FSX update for Newark but the one for FS2004 is usable if you can live with some parts of the default airport showing through as Imagine Sims exclude is in the form of an addition to the FS( Scenery Config File which unfortunately wont work in FSX Scenery Config/I tried!!!!!

If anyone has an idea how to do an exclude for this scenery in FSX, please let me know!!!

However My main reason for this reply was to find out the Release Date for Manhattan X/ I have Manhattan for FS9 and I love it!!

• Aerosoft
A request: Please include the World Trade Center.

Best regards,

Robin.

No, sorry. We are not doing a kind of alternative reality where those towers are still up.

Just makes no sense to merge history (politics) with simulated cities. We would not flatten half of Mexico City to make it the same as it was after the last earthquake, we would not do Nagasaki as it looked after a atom bomb exploded over it, we would not make Dresden a smoke ruin as it was at the end of WW2. I fully understand how the WTC is important in the minds of millions of people, but it just makes no sense.

• Aerosoft
Unfortunately Imagine Sim is not doing a FSX update for Newark but the one for FS2004 is usable if you can live with some parts of the default airport showing through as Imagine Sims exclude is in the form of an addition to the FS( Scenery Config File which unfortunately wont work in FSX Scenery Config/I tried!!!!!

If anyone has an idea how to do an exclude for this scenery in FSX, please let me know!!!

However My main reason for this reply was to find out the Release Date for Manhattan X/ I have Manhattan for FS9 and I love it!!

We are very very close to a release. We just missed Xmas but only with a few days. Now things have slowed down a bit and we do not intend to do any serious release before beginning next year.

• Aerosoft
Mathijs,

Why not just put the two beams of light for the twin towers replacement. I agree that the buildings should not be there but this may satisfy many people.

Just a thought.

Tony

Sorry, just won't happen. If people like to add a small file that add something to that location we'll be glad to help out, but we try to keep the scenery as actual and accurate as possible. It's a commercial FSX add-on, not a memorial to a hideous crime. I know you can buy plastic stuff (made in China) in Manhattan that is supposed to help you remember the event, but this is certainly not our style.

I know the scenery is almost done, but I was thinking it would have been really nice to have part of time square. with all the lights ads, etc etc. but adding to much to fsx will bring down fps :( one can only dream hehe :) looking forward to the release.

If someone would e-mail me a nice photograph of the Twin tower (for textures), I can build the Twin tower and create BGL file.

I need a nice sunny frontal shot as well as night shots some closeup shots as well.

Manny