Manhattan X

• Aerosoft

It's early days and we'll have much better shots in two weeks, but here are the first shots of Manhattan X, a completely new version of one of the best selling scenery products for FS2004. The new version is fully FSX and already looks like a new winner on our test systems!

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

Congratulations Mathijs,

I think at this moment you have the best scenerys in progress you ever have (Manhattan, London and Tahiti). I'm very glad that FSX scenerys now really get the way they shold look.

Are there any airports or heliports included in the Manhattan scenery?

• Aerosoft
Congratulations Mathijs,

I think at this moment you have the best scenerys in progress you ever have (Manhattan, London and Tahiti). I'm very glad that FSX scenerys now really get the way they shold look.

Are there any airports or heliports included in the Manhattan scenery?

All three Manhattan heliports are available in pretty good detail. Note this (and the other images) does not show all the objects, it's all being worked on at this moment.

post-43-1219836358_thumb.jpg

Wow is all I can muster.

So I am going to get KJFK, Manhattan, :D

Frankfurt, Madrid, :)

Madeira, London, Paris VFR, LFPG, Insbruck,:huh:

F16, A380,Embraer RJ, MD80 pro :blink:

Bye Bye Money, nice smelling you. :(

Mathijs, give it up already.

Just give me your bank account so I can do a direct deposit of my paycheck.

Yes, finally!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! :P

I'll have to agree with Mr. Valtteri Isola; I wanted this one for FSX since it's release.

PS: These shots are excelent; especially the lightening on this one.

001.jpg

• Upvote 1

Now London I've never been to, but New York, I have and this looks great. I was born in Manhattan so I can relate to this and it will most certainly be in my FSX collection of scenery (which mostly is comprised of airports, but I'm starting to add some cities).

Bob

I'll have to agree with Mr. Valtteri Isola; I wanted this one for FSX since it's release.

PS: These shots are excelent; especially the lightening on this one.

Hey, we agree on something!  :D

And I want to apologize, I really didn't want to insult you, in the Bell thread, sorry

What is your suggestion system need?

mine is 512M video card, 2GB ram and Duo Core1.66Ghz

is that ok to run this one?

if yes, I have great mind to fly over it and, maybe, drive my bmw in those streets. I can park anywher and no parking tickets :lol:

• Aerosoft
What is your suggestion system need?

mine is 512M video card, 2GB ram and Duo Core1.66Ghz

is that ok to run this one?

if yes, I have great mind to fly over it and, maybe, drive my bmw in those streets. I can park anywher and no parking tickets :lol:

I don't expect too much problems, though you certainly should explore to overclock your CPU, you could easily make it run at 2 Ghz and that is 20% faster. Check here for some good tips on that.

HI Mathijs thats great news! I use mostly fs9 but little by little I'm moving everything towards fsx, I don't mind having both sims in my system anyways, question I was very disappointed in that with mathhan scenery Andras kept the default Empire State Building, Chrysler building, Citicorp, Metlife and Woolworth buildings. and I had to replace them with the freeware by Tatu Kantomaa New York Objects Version 3.0 from avsim. and also had to replace the Statue of Liberty with the freeware Detailed Statue of Liberty Daniel Buechter statueofliberty.zip just wondering is there any chance the Andras will include new versions of theses very famous objects the default statue of liberty is horrible lol.

And I want to apologize, I really didn't want to insult you, in the Bell thread, sorry

Mr. Valtteri Isola,

Apology accepted; all is forgiven ... Now go do what you do best with my blessing and complete support. :D

:D

• Upvote 1

I don't expect too much problems, though you certainly should explore to overclock your CPU, you could easily make it run at 2 Ghz and that is 20% faster. Check here for some good tips on that.

Thank you so much

i'll check the link and do so. :rolleyes:

and BTW, if you include the photoreal long island inside, even no GEN buildings, that will be another great great news to me.

Thanks

hi Mr Mathijs Kok

I checked the link you gave me. it show me " this message is not inended for you"

what should I do? How can I read those message?

I believe your advice is pretty important for my FSX :blink:

if I register to that forum, which topic should I reach?

thanks alot

best regards

• Aerosoft
hi Mr Mathijs Kok

I checked the link you gave me. it show me " this message is not inended for you"

what should I do? How can I read those message?

I believe your advice is pretty important for my FSX :blink:

if I register to that forum, which topic should I reach?

thanks alot

best regards

Indeed, my mistake. Use this:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/240001...rclock-quads-du

• Aerosoft
HI Mathijs thats great news! I use mostly fs9 but little by little I'm moving everything towards fsx, I don't mind having both sims in my system anyways, question I was very disappointed in that with mathhan scenery Andras kept the default Empire State Building, Chrysler building, Citicorp, Metlife and Woolworth buildings. and I had to replace them with the freeware by Tatu Kantomaa New York Objects Version 3.0 from avsim. and also had to replace the Statue of Liberty with the freeware Detailed Statue of Liberty Daniel Buechter statueofliberty.zip just wondering is there any chance the Andras will include new versions of theses very famous objects the default statue of liberty is horrible lol.

The logical first step in making addon scenery is to ADD objects and your Manhattan version was at least 10% heavier on hardware then what we sold and too heavy on framerates for us. So that explains more or less why we done things as they were. Right now we are handling 4 times the bitmaps and face the same problems. Can't answer your question at this moment, do remind me later ok?

The logical first step in making addon scenery is to ADD objects and your Manhattan version was at least 10% heavier on hardware then what we sold and too heavy on framerates for us. So that explains more or less why we done things as they were. Right now we are handling 4 times the bitmaps and face the same problems. Can't answer your question at this moment, do remind me later ok?

Hi again Mathijs no problem Ill remind you later on, as I know the scenery is still very much in progress and I completely agree with you that adding more objects, especially in fsx will bring fps down maybe at least have it as in option later on if possible thanks for info Mathijs. :)

Developers,

Does the FSX version you are developing use a custom ground texture as it's base? Can this be used or removed in the final release for users of Flight1's UTX/GEX; which has a very good looking land/ground texture (compared with the default FSX one) and is corrected for the roads/AI ground traffic vehicles. I would like to be able to choose which one to use; because I want them to not only look correct but, line up correctly with the AutoGen buildings, etc. Thank you.

I can't tell by this pic if it is the Default FSX ground textures or the Manhattan X For FSX one you are developing.

003.jpg

Thank you for your ear's...

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
Developers,

Does the FSX version you are developing use a custom ground texture as it's base? Can this be used or removed in the final release for users of Flight1's UTX/GEX; which has a very good looking land/ground texture (compared with the default FSX one) and is corrected for the roads/AI ground traffic vehicles. I would like to be able to choose which one to use; because I want them to not only look correct but, line up correctly with the AutoGen buildings, etc. Thank you.

I can't tell by this pic if it is the Default FSX ground textures or the Manhattan X For FSX one you are developing.

Thank you for your ear's...

Manhattan will come with it's own rather high definition ground texture. While we develop we normally don't spend a lot of time trying to be compatible with products that cover large areas, compatibility with FSX/SP2 is the target. But most of the time we'll try sort it out shortly before release.

We just got an image of the new high def lady...

post-43-1220513863_thumb.jpg

Manhattan will come with it's own rather high definition ground texture. While we develop we normally don't spend a lot of time trying to be compatible with products that cover large areas, compatibility with FSX/SP2 is the target. But most of the time we'll try sort it out shortly before release.

Nice looking Lady! I hope that she is "lit" well at night and looks as stunning in the night time as in the day. :)

Thanks for the info.; But another question; from a texture layout priority, If Manhattan X is set on a lower priority as say UTX/GEX, will it "texture-wise" be covered with its own native ground texture or one that is set to a higher number priority in FSX? I'm not sure how this works and was wondering if there is a way to enjoy the best of both worlds even if it is not customizable within the installation/configuration of the package. :unsure:

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

That is truly Beautiful!! thanks for posting that shot Mathijs she looks fantastic!! and many thanks to Andras for the great work. :D