Beta Tester At Work

Vigilius

The 'hard-life' of the beta-tester :rolleyes:

My PC is only E6700, 2Gb RAM and 8800 GTS 640 Mb ram; all the screenshots are made with default view included in the Aerosoft F-16 or FSX. Real weather with FEX.

A little flight test with the Viper in Norway

20k59hk.jpg

In the wide wild blue yonder

acfmh.jpg

Slow fly (note the slat down)

3524xeo.jpg

Flying to the North...

27yr8k2.jpg

... into the clouds

2h6rn5z.jpg

RTB (return to base)

jidwm1.jpg

RTB from another point of view

2127d08.jpg

Near touchdown ;)

2cerm1g.jpg

Fantastic view of my country there! How is the performance of your system when flying the Viper (fps)? And what other settings do you use?

Thanks

Fantastic view of my country there! How is the performance of your system when flying the Viper (fps)? And what other settings do you use?

Thanks

In my opinion FPS are a totally non-sense in FSX expecially if you compare it with FS2004. For me if the sim is fluid is enough also with 15 FPS. I lock my FPS to 20 FPS and I can fly and land without problem. We are yet in beta stage but FPS is quite good, naturally not like a default Cessna but always flyable with no problem.

My settings? It depends where I fly; in these screenshots is almost all at maximum in the scenery, medium high in the weather and I have AI at 20% in planes and 40% in cars and boats. I like VFR so I use high settings expecially out of the cities.

Your country is very nice expecially because there is a lot of water (at maximum in the screen) and so less autogen to drawn; at dawn and sunset FSX gives to me beautifull color.

Bye

Heeej very nice screens but can you make a few screenshots of the KLU Demo F-16 from Ralph aarts

a few detailed pics if possible, How does the afterburner look, and does it has a dragshut.

Sorry for the lots of questions but I'm just curious

Rick van Eijk

post-18445-1219246666_thumb.jpg

:o:o:o wow, the second one is fantastic !!! :o:o:o

I'll say. Been waiting a long time for this, had the 2004 version but only flying FSX now so I eagerly anticipate this release.

Vigilius,

Thank you for a peek into the BETA testors flights with some awesome pic.'s B)

1. I was also wondering if the Pilots head was animated; so that when high 'g' is induced, he rests his head on the ejection seat's head rest and while at cruise he is looking down slightly at the instrument panels or HUD?

2. Do the weapons loads/layouts load in the sim using a gauge (like CaptianSim's XLOAD F/A-18D does)? Or is it loaded from the FS Aircraft menu?

3. Do the different models reflect the fuel capacity of the load? (ie. If you've got fuel tanks, will that be visible in the Fuel Menu as added weight/fuel?)

Thank you for yet another awesome preview. :D

Hi James:

1. Yes, if you look at picture number 2 you see that the pilot's head is watching high through the canopy like would do in the real world ;) If you look instead at picture "... in the clouds" you note that at high G the pilot rests his head on the ejecton's seat; it funny to see this movement from the exterior (you have this effect also in the VC and it's very real; when you use the brake it seems that your nose bangs against the HUD :o ). In the first screen you can see that pilot is looking at the camera (I use a little rudder for this)

2. Until now it's the second option (I haven't XLOAD), you choose from the FS Aircraft menu

3. Part of the beta team are working on this aspect in these days so it's all in development

Anyway you must remember that we are yet in beta so nothing it's definitive.

I'm only a end-user tester, others men are the skilled people who are developing this jet with, I can say this, a lot of work.