What Hardware To Buy (aerosoft's Suggestion)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you make your addons more frame friendly like Flytampa does?

How about you buy a proper system? Not having a go at you. :P But I think Aerosoft's products are VERY frame rate friendly. It's Simwings, and FSDreamteam that are tough on framerates. Just my experence.

Hi Mathijs,

This is rig at the moment

XFX N780Motherbroad nforce 780i SLI

CPU - Pentium d 2.8GHZ

2 X 320GB HDD'S (1 sepertley for fsx)

2 X Nvidia 8600GT 512mb

6 Gig's of ram

Running Windows Vista 32 bit

Thermaltake Water cooling kit

Philips 26" hd screen

I can run fsx on maximum settings but the only thing is that only between 15 to 20 frpm, am i doing anything wrong here at all or what do i need to reise the frpm??????????

cherrs

colin

First time user on the forums

My System:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4.0GHZ

4GB DDR2-1066MHZ PC-8500

ASUS Rampage Formula (X48)

Sapphire Radeon 4870 512MB

2x Samsung Spinpoint 250GB

1x Samsung Spinpoint 750GB

OCZ StealthPower 700W

Thermaltake Armor "Black"

Before the Flight Simulator Weekend in Lelystad The Netherlands I will @ Liquid Cooling :).

This is pure power ladies en gentlemen!!!

It is truly amazing value for money. If this would be a 'normal' market without all the hypes it would wipe out the competition in weeks.

I'm getting it, then :)

The best deal I've found so far was Newegg, at $180 with a $20 mail in rebate. Anyone know of any others?

Also, if i'm going too off topic with this, let me know ;)

Clearly there was a problem with the previous card (or driver). If you use tools to see the load on the GPU you'll see that it is not at all running hard. FSX still does a lot of things on the CPU that other games let the GPU do. But it's a strange jump in performance!

Very true, and I do agree that the CPU is the main muscle for FSX. This is why I will be purchasing a new one soon. I have been looking at the

AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad Core Processor 2.6 ghz processor. Thought this would make a great improvement. Any thoughts?

How about you buy a proper system? Not having a go at you. :P But I think Aerosoft's products are VERY frame rate friendly. It's Simwings, and FSDreamteam that are tough on framerates. Just my experence.

CPU: E8400 at 3 GHZ

RAM: 4 GB

MOBO: Evga 750i FTW

GFX: GTX 280

......... Frame friendly? Holy #####. Even Crysis runs better.

EDIT= Owned. Now make your product more framefriendly or you lose a costumer.

Eh, can't say im impressed no one replies. Even a 7800 card could run FS9 and give great frames. Its all about the CPU and poor coding (from Microsoft and YOU).

You people should co operate with Fly Tampa and start making your addons more frame friendly. I find it funny that Fly Tampa s' Hong Kong with full ai and weather stay over 35 FPS and look so much better than your sceneries yet your EDDF 2008 (which doesn't look as good) can't even keep 30. Get your act together and make it more friendly or you lose a costumer.

BTW I also reported a bug about traffic in EDDF that seems to jam the roads with cars when you arrive after a long haul, I restarted and and it was normal. It sucks even more frames from 20. Totally unacceptable.

Eh, can't say im impressed no one replies. Even a 7800 card could run FS9 and give great frames. Its all about the CPU and poor coding (from Microsoft and YOU).

You people should co operate with Fly Tampa and start making your addons more frame friendly. I find it funny that Fly Tampa s' Hong Kong with full ai and weather stay over 35 FPS and look so much better than your sceneries yet your EDDF 2008 (which doesn't look as good) can't even keep 30. Get your act together and make it more friendly or you lose a costumer.

BTW I also reported a bug about traffic in EDDF that seems to jam the roads with cars when you arrive after a long haul, I restarted and and it was normal. It sucks even more frames from 20. Totally unacceptable.

Looke like to me that your CPU is good enough but you may need a better graphics card... I have no issues with MAF but Leipzig tends to hit me somtimes...

Looke like to me that your CPU is good enough but you may need a better graphics card... I have no issues with MAF but Leipzig tends to hit me somtimes...

Are you ######ing retarded? The GTX 280 is Nvidia s'best High end card, and graphical cards don't really matter in FS!!! Do a goddamn search on google before spewing ##### all over the place...

For the record, yes I am ######ed.

Are you people that dumb can't you realise YOU DONT NEED A DAMN 8800 TO RUN FS a 7800 can do the job perfectly! Its all about the ######ing CPU!!! Use your friggin Common Sense! Do you need a 8800 to render those textures or what? NO you dont. sheesh.

Are you ######ing retarded? The GTX 280 is Nvidia s'best High end card, and graphical cards don't really matter in FS!!! Do a goddamn search on google before spewing ##### all over the place...

Are you people that dumb can't you realise YOU DONT NEED A DAMN 8800 TO RUN FS a 7800 can do the job perfectly! Its all about the ######ing CPU!!! Use your friggin Common Sense! Do you need a 8800 to render those textures or what? NO you dont. sheesh.

Dude. Whoa. Whoa there. Down there. Take a deep breath. You almost gave birth. I alomst swear it. You'd think I insulted your mom or your dog. No pun intended. :P My applogies as you failed to list the card type, only model# which didn't ring a bell. I was not insulting your system. Jeez. However, it seemes to me that if you have the best card on the market and you are still having major framerate issues than it seems that somthing in your rig is a piece of crap. :lol: I don't have the best card on the market and using the same card Mathijs uses/recommends and I have VERY little framerate issues. Maybe you need to clean your system of clutter. Google CCleaner and try that. You saw my specs listed on the first page, compare it to yours. And turn off your internet connection while flying as also this slows your framerates bacause random programs will access the internet for updates etc.

And please calm down. Do you talk to everyone like this when you go mad?

Please be more respectful to fellow forum members.

G'day

Get a better graphics card for FS, the GTX 280 isn\'t as good as a 9800 GTX+/8800 GTX in FS, and I can back up my answer, so don\'t say \"bull\".

Bullsh!t. You statement makes sense only for FSX. for FS9 It is: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/72/19694056...b42b435.jpg?v=0

Want me to prove it? I was getting the same frames with the 8800 GT and 7800 GS.

I assumed you were running FSX, for FS9 it really doesn't matter, since anything like a 7800 or higher can run it on max.

Edit:

And I'll post the other pieces of "proof" later for FSX-

For the first ones, go to tomshardware and find the FSX benchmarks for the '280.

I know about FSX man ;) But my FSX runs at 40 FPS :P

Then obviously you aren't running it at a high AA setting like I am, where the difference between the two is more noticeable, I get 30 with 4x4 supersampling AA + 16X AF and Vsync, due to the fact that playing without Vsync stinks and I can't get 60 constantly so it settles down to thirty, but without Vsync I can get around 40 as well, something the GTX 280 can't.

This is inside aerosoft's dillingham that I got the 30 FPS :P.

Edit: what speed and CAS latency is your RAM, that could hurt it.

I use 16X Conbined is FSX man and 16X anisotropic, my ram is.. DDR2-800 x 4 1GB units can't tell you more because im not with my rig now.

I use 16X Conbined is FSX man and 16X anisotropic, my ram is.. DDR2-800 x 4 1GB units can't tell you more because im not with my rig now.

Also, bear in mind that i only have EDDF 2008 in FSX, i get like 27 there.

Hi! This is my first post here.

I´ve been flightsimming since FS4 but now I have been out of this hobby for almost a year. I feel it is time to come back... (Thanks to the review of the DHC-6 Twin Otter X. After reading it I really wanted to be able to fly it!)

Thank´s Mathijs for your post. It was really interesting and helpful. I´m looking for to buy new hard ware for FSX, and your post helped me lot. (I´m not any kind of expert when it comes to hard ware).

There are some things I like to ask you, folks.

CPU (250 / 150 euro)

The brand and sockel is easy. It got to be a Intel chip in a 775 sockel. But after that things depend on what you got to spend and what sim you use. A Core 2 Quad Q9550 has 4 cores running at 2833 Mhz and will make mince meat of even the most demanding modern application. If you got a bit less to spend or only use FS2004 (keep in mind that sim will only use one core) you could go for a Core 2 Duo E8500 that has two cores running at 3166 Mhz and will be great for FS2004. Get the boxed version with the cooler if you just want to fly or get a better cooler if you want to over clock. These chips can handle at least another 300 Mh without any problem.

Is it better to have a Core Quad or 3,0 GHz? My otions are CORE 2 QUAD Q9550 2.83GHz,CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.16GHZ and Core Duo 2 E6850 and I don´t know which one to choose.

Graphics card (150 Euro)

It does not happen often but for once it is easy to recommend a graphics card. Anything with a ATI Radeon HD4850 is smashing value for money.

Why 4850, why not 4870? And to make things even more difficult, some say 9800GTX+ would be the best choice...

OS (100 euro)

Officially you don't have an option anymore as Windows XP is not sold any more. But you can still get it and if FS is REAL important it should be your choice. Vista is fine though (with 4 Gb of mem) but under conditions you could have some problems. Vista 64 bits, sure why not, you get more usable memory.

How much incompatibility issues I would have with the Vista 64?

Anyone able/willing to give some answers???

- Asus P5Q-E, P45, Socket-775, DDR2

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz Socket

- Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB GDDR5

- Corsair Powersupply 750W Black,ATX/EPS, 140mm Fan, 8xSATA, SLI

- Corsair Dual Channel 4x1024 MB 667MHz CL5

- Western Digital Caviar SE - 320 GB

- Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 16MB 640GB

- Creative X-fi Gamer

With this I get 30+fps regardless of add-on.

The graphic card is quite expensive but afterall the currently most powerfull card on the market, and it does show it :)

Just upgraded my computer for about 900euros from this.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ / 2.6 GHz

Western Digital Caviar SE - 320 GB

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 16MB 640GB

ASUS GeForce 8800GTS 320MB HDTV DVI-I HDCP PCI-E

Corsair Dual Channel 4x1024 MB 667MHz CL5

Asus M2N-E, NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra

Creative X-fi Gamer

• Aerosoft
How about you make your addons more frame friendly like Flytampa does?

Well after optimizing (and that is not too complex in FSX, certainly not compared to FS2004) there is not a lot you can do. There is a price for every polygon you show and there are no real tricks you can do. FlyTampa is very well optimized, professional work, that's a fact. But most that we do is on the same level.

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs,

This is rig at the moment

XFX N780Motherbroad nforce 780i SLI

CPU - Pentium d 2.8GHZ

2 X 320GB HDD'S (1 sepertley for fsx)

2 X Nvidia 8600GT 512mb

6 Gig's of ram

Running Windows Vista 32 bit

Thermaltake Water cooling kit

Philips 26" hd screen

I can run fsx on maximum settings but the only thing is that only between 15 to 20 frpm, am i doing anything wrong here at all or what do i need to reise the frpm??????????

cherrs

colin

First time user on the forums

Why you got 6 gb of memory? your OS will only see 3.2. otherwise a nice setup for FS9, should get real good FPS. For FSX your CPU is the bottleneck.

• Aerosoft
Very true, and I do agree that the CPU is the main muscle for FSX. This is why I will be purchasing a new one soon. I have been looking at the

AMD Phenom X4 9950 Quad Core Processor 2.6 ghz processor. Thought this would make a great improvement. Any thoughts?

I advise against that. Even if you got to replace the mobo, getting a Intel Quad Core would certainly be better. It's nasty to see that AMD is so far behind that even low prizes don't get them a place in the high end benchmarks these days.

• Aerosoft

I think dear Lufthansa that you are little more then a forum troller who enjoys peoples reaction. I responded to your first post (sorry it was not as fast as you hopede) but after that you only used your forum access to insult Aerosoft and our customers. So you are locked out of the forum for the next 2 months. You got the honor of being the first person this year to be blocked.

• Aerosoft
Hi! This is my first post here.

I´ve been flightsimming since FS4 but now I have been out of this hobby for almost a year. I feel it is time to come back... (Thanks to the review of the DHC-6 Twin Otter X. After reading it I really wanted to be able to fly it!)

Thank´s Mathijs for your post. It was really interesting and helpful. I´m looking for to buy new hard ware for FSX, and your post helped me lot. (I´m not any kind of expert when it comes to hard ware).

There are some things I like to ask you, folks.

Is it better to have a Core Quad or 3,0 GHz? My otions are CORE 2 QUAD Q9550 2.83GHz,CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.16GHZ and Core Duo 2 E6850 and I don´t know which one to choose.

Why 4850, why not 4870? And to make things even more difficult, some say 9800GTX+ would be the best choice...

How much incompatibility issues I would have with the Vista 64?

Anyone able/willing to give some answers???

For FSX I would prefer a quad core at this moment, though 2 cores at 3 GHz is not shabby either. But look at your other applications and see if they are multiu core capable. If they are not you might be better of overall with the duo core.

4870 is great, just a tad more expensive. But good choice. I personally do not like the 9800 a lot because of the never solved driver issues.

Vista 64... only use it if you really need to, other than the additional memory there is not a lot to like there for a gamer.

Great thread, especially for people like me who are not really hardware literate... :blink:

What do you guys (and especially Matthijs) think of the Nvidia GeForce 9600GS?

While I mostly do FS9 I'd like to migrate to FSX eventually and wouldn't want to reinvest after a short time.

AI and scenery are both important factors for me.

Thanks for helping the "not so in the know"!!

PS: rest of the System would contain:

Core 2 Quad Q9300

GeForce 9600GS

500gig HDD (might go for a second one after reading this thread)

4 gig RAM

• Aerosoft
Great thread, especially for people like me who are not really hardware literate... :blink:

What do you guys (and especially Matthijs) think of the Nvidia GeForce 9600GS?

While I mostly do FS9 I'd like to migrate to FSX eventually and wouldn't want to reinvest after a short time.

AI and scenery are both important factors for me.

Thanks for helping the "not so in the know"!!

PS: rest of the System would contain:

Core 2 Quad Q9300

GeForce 9600GS

500gig HDD (might go for a second one after reading this thread)

4 gig RAM

Certainly not a bad card and as long as you keep in mind that the CPU determines how many frames per second you see and the GPU determines how good they look you should be fine.