Tahiti X

• Aerosoft

Tahiti.... for me that name brings memories, very fond memories of a short stay a few years ago. Having traveled for almost a decade professionally I think I am entitled to say it is about as close to paradise as a place on earth can be. So... we need it in FSX. And we shall have it this fall. (sorry again no FS2004 version, just makes no sense for projects like this).

Check out these images from paradise...

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mathijs,

Is there going to be a detailed rendition of the Papeete Faa Intl airport included in the project?

One remark though. The screenshots look great as usual, of course.

However my associations with Polynesia landscapes are intensive green lush forests and dark blue waters.

Something like that:

bora.jpg

bora2_resize.jpg

But I guess the screens are not the last word on Tahiti from Aerosoft. ;)

Or maybe it's the question of my perception.

Just curious...

Anyway congratulations on another extremely exciting project!

Best regards,

Rafal

• Aerosoft

Well how colors are shown always depends a lot on the GPU and driver, so the same images could look different on your system. But also keep in mind that photographs made in conditions with direct sunlight tend to saturate colors. Personally I find the colors on the screen shots close to my recollection. The high humidity in the air makes anything more then a few miles out gray and lacking of color. Photographers don't like that so the images in magazine and travel folders never show that effect.

Papeete will be included.

Well how colors are shown always depends a lot on the GPU and driver, so the same images could look different on your system. But also keep in mind that photographs made in conditions with direct sunlight tend to saturate colors. Personally I find the colors on the screen shots close to my recollection. The high humidity in the air makes anything more then a few miles out gray and lacking of color. Photographers don't like that so the images in magazine and travel folders never show that effect.

But the airport of the first screen looks like default...

harpsi

Thank you... I was looking for an Island get away in FSX. :lol:

image009.jpg

Can't wait to see it with FEX-SHD or the upcoming Real Environment Xtreme. B)

.... I shall call work next month and ask them to make my paycheck out to 'Aerosoft' instead, I think :P.

This looks gorgeous ... It'll be nice to have another island scenery like the St Maarten ones.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Excellent idea! how long will a flight be from there to Fly Tampa Caribbean scenery?

hmmm... distance is about 6350 miles, so with what aircraft would you like to fly this distance? ;)

Otto

Wow GREAT :P

Do you already know wich area wil be covered ? Which islands and atolls wil be part of this package ?

All 14 society island will be covered. This means Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Maupiti, Huahine, Tahaa, Raiatea, Tetiaroa, Tupai, Maiao, Mehetia, Motu One, Manuae and Maupihaa.

All 14 society island will be covered. This means Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Maupiti, Huahine, Tahaa, Raiatea, Tetiaroa, Tupai, Maiao, Mehetia, Motu One, Manuae and Maupihaa.

In that case, I'm definitly purchasing it... Only, please, Develop/Beta test it in FSX Acceleration & SP2 in DX10 preview throughly before it is released. Thank you! ;)

However my associations with Polynesia landscapes are intensive green lush forests and dark blue waters.

Something like that:

Keep in mind those photo's, mainly the second one, are not really accurate depictions of reality as they were taken with a polarizing filter which is going to artificially deepen the blues and brighten the vegitation greens, and especially on that second one some high contrast overly saturated film was used, or it was digitaly edited.

Keep in mind those photo's, mainly the second one, are not really accurate depictions of reality as they were taken with a polarizing filter which is going to artificially deepen the blues and brighten the vegitation greens, and especially on that second one some high contrast overly saturated film was used, or it was digitaly edited.

Still looks like ,,,Pure Heaven to me :D

Randy

Thank you for this information.

Absolutely fabulous :o

Excellent idea! how long will a flight be from there to Fly Tampa Caribbean scenery?

Hi. 6681 nautical miles :-P In time? Depends if you fly with a Concord or with a Cessna :-P

NTAA DCT ORARE G575 FICKY C1177 MALIT C1156 MZB J18 GBN J50 ALIBY J2 ELP J86 FIGMO J2 FST J86 KEMPL J2 JCT J86 LEV Q100 SRQ J58 RSW J75 KUBIC J58 OHOFO J75 DHP BR49V TINKY B646 NICKO BR49V ZQA A555 IDAHO RTE6 STT B520 JUICE DCT TNCM

Nice Shots! Particularly like the Huts in 2 and the sandy strip in 6 ... I'm going to have to put my other flying on standby for a serious tour around the islands when this comes out :).