Aes 1.97 Released

OPabst

• Developer

Hello,

the new Version of AES 1.97 is now available HERE for download.

If you want to use the japaniese Airports of Overland, please read HERE first what you need

For all others, this version is maybe also interesting when you sometimes fly to France or Spain. More I don't say :P

Have fun

Wish I could use it. Unfortunately after the 3GB patch my credits sadly sit idle on a disabled AES.

1st of all, there is an entire thread dedicated to that so no reason to really add fuel to the fire every chance that arises ;)

More importantly,

Why? I have never ever gotten an error with the /3GB patch as long as I am flying between two AES airports. I have only seen issues when one of the two airports are not using AES. So you can't find two AES airports to fly between? ;) kidding...

The only time I disable AES in the scenery library is when I want to fly between a non-Aes and an AES airport.

Also, please make sure you de-activate all of your add-ons other than the major ones, UT, Mesh etc... Just de-activate all your add-on airports. Remember the reason we are using the /3gb fix is because we have already pushed it beyond its limits... No need to have 100 scenery add-ons active to fly between 2.

Now, activate only the two airports you want to fly between (both AES) and see what happens.

Please report back.

Thanks and good luck,

-Paul

Sorry to muddy the waters on an announcement thread, that was probably the wrong approach. I guess I'm just upset that I've been without a great add-on in order to allow all my other great add-ons to function without crashing. It's really the reason for the 3GB patch to begin with. I will try to remember to try AES between two supported airports, but the sad fact is that many flights go between one that is supported and one that isn't. Overall it's not what I would hope for as the supported solution to an issue that frankly only occurs when AES is enabled. Which is also why given the sheer number of great add-ons I own, I'm not really willing to enable an disable sceneries as I fly to them. Why should I do that when disabling AES solves any and all crashes I currently experience?

At any rate, my apologies to Oliver for diverting the intended point of this thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Developer

Hi Aaron,

I know that it is frustrating not to be able to use AES, but it is more frustrating for me to know, that I can't help here, because it looks more and more, that AES is only the last part in the row, which needs memory to display object, but this memory is not available/provided anymore which ends in CTD.

You only have luck, that the 3GB patch gives you some more memory, so that not the scenery addon is the last one which crashes. I am 100% sure, that if you use the normal FS.exe, it will crash even when you have AES disabled.

As you know from the OOM post, I try to find a solution to point you to that addons, which kill your memory, but it is a very complex and maybe never possible way.

It's the problem only if you have more than 3GB ram Oliver? I had a OOM yesterday, flew from Vienna to London and when I was over Holland, just before my descent then OOM happens :o

I have 4 GB ram installed and have never seen it before now.

I don't know if this info will be helpful but a couple of days ago I installed ASUS Gamer OSD then shot up FS9. To my surprise I keep getting OOM errors with ALL Payware aircraft. I had 4 GB RAM. I first I didn't know what causes it since I had not installed anything new for FS9. Kept un-installing payware of FS9 to track down the problem. Then I decided to un-installed ASUS Gamer OSD and to my surprise all the OOM problem was gone.

So I think OOM can be caused by other programmes not related to FS9.

For what it's worth....

I have Vista Home Premium using 3 Gb of Ram and I use the >2 Gb patch that was referenced on the the FSDT forums. I use AES extensively and I have not had an OOM CTD since installing the patch. One other thing I did at the same time was to make sure my virtual memory was manually set to 1.5 x physical memory; 4.5 Gb in my case. It had been set at "automatic" and was giving just one Gb....

I read through this thread because I wanted to say thanks to Oliver for release 1.97....I'm enjoying my Overland Japanese scenery even more and I love the hat and bow.....

All the best,

-Russ

I've just departed RJAA headed for Kai Tak and had to pause the sim to thank you for this awesome addition Oliver. I love the custom voice and the bow as I taxi from the gate and it's great to see AES still improving after all this time.

Keep up the excellent work Oliver as we all look forward with anticipation to what you have in store for us next. ;) Cargo features I hope ;)

Hi Jon

Wrong forum to ask that Q, go to request post :)

Frank

Don't think so. It has already been confirmed by Oliver and TropicalSim that TNCA is getting AES support. My question was not a request, but a question about the status of TNCA getting AES support.

Jon

• 1 month later...