Eddf Strange Ctd

simflyer07

i'm a big user of your EDDF mega scenery but i got a nightmare with the airport. as soon as i load a flight (with any aircarft) and go to spot view my screen turns black and i have to restart FS9. what is strange though is that it happens around noon to 2pm in the day and at no other time. it isn't a memory leak as i have a 2Gig RAM and 256mb video card and usage of memory is stable.

any help to get rid of this nightmare

Hi!

Which version are we talking about? MAF2005 or MAF2008?

Does any error report show up? If so, what does it say?

Plus are you using AI traffic? If so, try without it and check what happens.

Best regards,

Rafal

>Which version are we talking about? MAF2005 or MAF2008?

the version is MAF2005.

>Does any error report show up?

No only a black screen

>Plus are you using AI traffic?

yes i do and i'll make a test without AI.

I did the test and this is what i get

> turned off AI: no CTD

> AI at 10%: almost all gates are filled with AI BUT not all AI textures were able to load and FPS were as low as 13. It took a while (10 sec approx.) for Windows to report me this error

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: fe.dll

ModVer: 9.1.0.40901 Offset: 0000326a

It is sth really strange. I have Heathrow 2008 and AI are almost everywhere but I've never witnessed any CTD.

Simflyer07,

Looks like this error comes from a corrupted AI aircraft texture (a bad one or a 32Bit one)

And probably an aircraft that resides at Fraport around 2 o'clock (hence the regularity of the problem).

What AI are you using? WOAI, a commercial package, your own or a mixture?

You will have to spy this malicious aircraft. It is not easy but possible.

Best regards,

Rafal

i use WOAI and some from my own. it would be hard to catch the corrupted aircraft among more than 50 parking at the airport. hope someone brings a texture scanning utility :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi, I seem to be having the exact same problem.

Im currently testing WOAI packages that I recently installed... perhaps I will find it.

If anyone has any update on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, simflyer07, do you use special textures for ANA and JAL (Pokemon). I know I recently installed these textures, so it could be those textures as well.

ps. I use EDDF 2008, and I did test the scenery without the AI. No crash whatsoever, so I do not believe it is a scenery problem.... but a problem that seems to be affecting us nonetheless.

Hi, I seem to be having the exact same problem.

Im currently testing WOAI packages that I recently installed... perhaps I will find it.

If anyone has any update on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, simflyer07, do you use special textures for ANA and JAL (Pokemon). I know I recently installed these textures, so it could be those textures as well.

ps. I use EDDF 2008, and I did test the scenery without the AI. No crash whatsoever, so I do not believe it is a scenery problem.... but a problem that seems to be affecting us nonetheless.

I found my problem - bad textures for an Aeoroflot A319.

Took me a few hours, but nothing stops the good old technique of trial and error.... :lol: