Ooms, Ctds And Maybe More ...

Hey, nice to see in this latest release that all DXT3 textures have Alpha's assigned, way to go! And, only one file needed to be mipped!

Any confirmation in regards to question number 1 of my post, do you still have to set up your aircraft at an AES airport? (See above)

Glad to have helped

John

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Any confirmation in regards to question number 1 of my post, do you still have to set up your aircraft at an AES airport? (See above)

Totally different question compared to your 1st post, but Yes, you have to configure your aircraft at an AES supported airport.

• Developer

Hey, nice to see in this latest release that all DXT3 textures have Alpha's assigned, way to go! And, only one file needed to be mipped!

Glad to have helped

John

Yes, I hav cheched some off the textures, but Mipmaps are not in all cases wanted, important is only, that not both (mipmap and alphachanel) are not present.

No, normally there is no need to start the sim at an AES airport first, as long as you are not at the memory limits at the approach to the first AES airport. The general problem is solved since years.

Hi guys,

For a couple of weeks now I have this problem.

Every time when I approaching a airport or I just landed on a airport my FS crash to desktop.

For example:

Flown with Ifly 737 to London Stansted, I`m using the scenery of UK2000. Then a day later I flown with a Project Airbus/Wilco merge to Amsterdam Schiphol and when I was vacating the runway FS crashed. Then this morning flying again with Ifly 737 CYUL-KMIA. During approach at 8000ft my FS crashed again.

I read your message OPabst at the beginning of this topic. But I don`t thinks this is the problem in my system. This because UK2000 Stansted, Aerosoft Amsterdam and LatinVFR Miami are not working with a LC and SC map right?

Can you please help me to resolve this problem. It`s very frustreting to get a crash every time when you`re preparing your approach. Certainly after a flight of 3 or 6 hours.

Kind Regards,

Max

I had OOM's when approaching UK2000 EGLL with UK2000 EGKK and EGLC installed.

What solved my problem was installing the alternative LOW SIZE ground texture bitmaps that UK2000 has available for download at registered customers' download section.

I don't have UK2000 EGSS installed.

I think I also deactivated ground moving vehicles at EGLL.

At KMIA I deactivated the many static aircraft .BGL files that are positioned in various areas of the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

After trying a lot of things I still get a lot of CTD and OOM.

For example:

Yesterday flying EDDF-LEPA, I got a CTD when I was taxing to they active runway. I`m using Aerosoft Frankfurt.

I already tried they 4GB patch but for some reason my FS9 is still crashing at 1.300.00 KB of memory.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Max

Like Otto suggests, neither OOMs nor CTDs have to do anything with AES.

I, for instance, completely got rid of OOMs by applying the 3GB switch.

As for CTDs, these still happen to me from time to time. But after reading hundreds of webpages and trying hundreds of tweaks and tools I came to some important conclusions.

There may be very different reasons for CTDs. Let me name a few most typical: mixed textures of AI aircraft, double or faulty AFCADs, bad landclass (falulty, overlapping or with an empty tex folder), and others.

The good news is the reasons can be tracked down and cured. The bad news is it takes time, patience and effort (like any real success in life).

I can recommend several basic tools to help you check for the most typical problems causing CTDs (and possibly OOMs too):

- ACA2005 (to search for flightplan and aircraft config errors) --> http://aifs2.pvdveen...ownload=ACA2005

- ACA2007 (like above, just newer but more basic) --> http://aifs2.pvdveen...A2007_Light.zip

- ScanAFD (to find double AFCADs) --> http://www.fs2000.or...ons/scanafd.zip

- DXTBmp (to search for and convert bad texture formats) --> http://www.softsea.c...oad/DXTBmp.html

Good luck!

Archived