Question About The Beaverx And Dornier Do-27 With The Apu.......

skulleader

Hello, ;)

I use the Beaver X (I really like this plane) and sometimes when I land and when I switch off my engine and all my switch and when my Beaver is stoped.

When I wait for 10 or 15 minutes and which I want take off, I can not any more re-start my engine because I have no more electricity and I would like to know if it is possible to connect Beaver X to an APU ?

Please anyone can help me ? :(

I have another question about the Dornier Do-27, please can you explain to me how I can connect my Do-27 to the APU ?

It is necessary uses a key from my keyboard to connect in the APU ? :(

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English. :unsure:

Thank's for all and best regards. ;)

Skull Leader.

Hello Skull Leader,

Do you have FSUIPC 4 installed as this should help prevent this issue if you use the Extended Battery Life.

You can download it from here.

If FSX open FSUIPC4 and then select the Miscellaneous tab and check the Extended Battery Life box.

Dear Shaun,

I would like to thank you for your help and your link.

Can you say me if the problem about the "battery life" results from aerosoft's planes or from FSX ?

Still thank's for all, best regards.

Skull Leader.

Search for the line:

electric_always_available = 0

in the [electrical] section of the Beaver's aircraft.cfg file(s). Change the 0 to a 1 and you should have perpetual electrical power available. If the line doesn't exist, add it. This should work for most other planes as well.

Helo dear George,

Can you tell me if your precedure is the same for the Dornier Do-27, if it's possible I change the 0 to 1 for (Electrical) Section Dornier DO-27's aircraft.cfg file.

Please can you inform is it's possible withe the Do-27 ?

A great thank's for all and best regards.

Skull

I don't have the Do-27 so I can't say for sure, but you can try it. Not all aircraft will have that line in their aircraft.cfg. If it's not there, add:

electric_always_available=1

to the [electrical] section. This parameter is described in the FSX SDK documentation, so in general it should apply to all aircraft. But I believe the Do-27 has a bunch of special systems programming, so it's possible that could effectively override it. Try it and see...

Not 100% certain but it was added to FSUIPC for a reason as most people have it they normally just checkmark it.

Note that that option is only available in the registered version of FSUIPC.