Stockholm Arlanda

well, i expected that they would hurry upp the job after nearly 2 months of delay

Oh... well.. you, my friend... oh... well... honestly... i mean... Get used to it! ;)

So out of curiosity, as I am thinking of getting Arlanda, is it a "challenging" airport to fly into?

I do not necessarily mean the snow, but does it get very windy out there?

Thanks.

So out of curiosity, as I am thinking of getting Arlanda, is it a "challenging" airport to fly into?

I do not necessarily mean the snow, but does it get very windy out there?

Thanks.

I dont know why people expect Scandinavia to be cold and windy..brrrr.

Denmark and south-middle Sweden and south Norway aint cold at all. In summer it can be just as nice as the rest south europe. B)

Offcourse it can be cold in the winter, like anywhere else, but the conditions are not very extreme. So dont expect major storm or tornados when flying to arlanda...someday when its released :D

Denmark and south-middle Sweden and south Norway aint cold at all. In summer it can be just as nice as the rest south europe. B)

Offcourse it can be cold in the winter, like anywhere else, but the conditions are not very extreme. So dont expect major storm or tornados when flying to arlanda...someday when its released :D

pdmm,

sadly, I have not been to that region yet, but look forward to it someday.

I lived in Indiana in the U.S. for a long time, and trust me I know what cold is all about.

I did read somewhere once that (south east?) Sweden was great in the summer.

My real interest is in the wind actually, and if I (medium experience) should attempt trips in the winter to Arlanda.

Either way, I am impressed so far. I think I will go for it.

P.S. as far as waiting, it is the norm all over as they will do both(different) versions.

I ordered Frankfurt boxed, but will not get it until Madrid is released. :( (I will definately try to purchase downloads instead from now on.)

I actually live in sweden in a city called Umeå (640 KM from Stockholm) to be honest its a litte bit cold here in the winter(sometimes the temperatures can fall to -30 celsius or more ) but in the summer its great and i mean it! the only thing i can tel you is : YOU MUST VISIT SWEDEN! :D

To Mathijs: please is there anyway i can preorder this scenery?

Because they have heard about Finland  :D

This summer highest temperature was something like 27°C.

And coldest temperature I've personally experienced was about -35°C, in northeastern Lapland ..brrr..rrhhrr 

I've flown to arlanda at least 10 times and I have to say I've experienced only once hard wind, and dear God how hard it was  :blink:

But usually I find it not so windy airport as Helsinki-Vantaa, for example

the only thing i can tel you is : YOU MUST VISIT SWEDEN! :D

Like the makers of World in Conflict say: "If you ever visit Sweden, never go outside without a loaded rifle.

Polar bears are not to be taken lightly."  ;)   :D   :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
any new information about this product?its september now and the release was expected at then end of august :unsure:

Believe me, we really think being as open as possible helps both us and our customers. If I would have more information or more images it would be on this forum in a matter of hours.

That may be the the answer you get ;)

I agree with you that it is a long time ago since the first expected release date. And dreamfactorystudio have not updated their webpage, so its actually impossible to know, what the current standing is. Too bad :(

• Aerosoft
That may be the the answer you get ;)

I agree with you that it is a long time ago since the first expected release date. And dreamfactorystudio have not updated their webpage, so its actually impossible to know, what the current standing is. Too bad :(

I'll try to find out

• Aerosoft
any answer from the developer

Believe me, when we know it we'll post it. And when we get it we'll start selling it.

This is not an Aerosoft development and we are simply depending on delivery and information and currently we don't know a lot more then you all do.

• Aerosoft

I have just been told Arlanda is getting close, this week or next week the actual development will be completed, then we just need some last tests, packaging etc before a release, but end of next week seems to be a safe bet. And you can mark those down as 'famous lasts words' lol.

I have just been told Arlanda is getting close, this week or next week the actual development will be completed, then we just need some last tests, packaging etc before a release, but end of next week seems to be a safe bet. And you can mark those down as 'famous lasts words' lol.

thanks Mathijs for the info:)

EDIT: Will ESSA be included in the next AES update?

• 2 weeks later...
after a week in field with the CBRN army company i really want to get this scenery this weekend!

Me too, however, the newly released jfk keeps me happy and busy for the time being :P

Keeping my fingers crossed :P