Pilots Fs Global 2008

I am thinking about purchasing PILOTs FS Global 2008, and had a few questions.

Firstly, is it worth it?

I mainly use fs9, but also have fsx, and am ready for the f-16.

Secondly, if it is that good, will it interfere with my airports?

I am using egll, kord, lszh, vhhx, omdb, us airports, and frankfurt and barcelona as soon as the boxed versions are shipped.

I also use a lot of aes approved freeware airports, and will look into more payware airports like lfpg, and perhaps some overland ones as soon as Oliver has them onboard.

Thirdly, and finally, is it "just" the terrain that is greatly improved?

I am somewhat ignorant when it come to mesh, and terrain.

Thanks.

p.s. I know I can ask the developer, but trust this forum and feel more comfortable asking my questions here.

2.4ghz quad core, 320 gig hd, 4gig ocz sli ram@800mhz, bfg 9800gtx, 22inch hp widescreen.

Hello Waleed,

Is it worth it. You only need to look at the screenshots to decide whether you like more detailed terrain mesh than the default, then if you liek you can buy.

Some sceneries can be affected by terrain mesh but not all if the scenery is outside of the airport area then objects can appear to float or sink.

Hazards of a mesh. Airports generally aren't affected by mesh as a rule, unless there altitudes are way out with the mesh and can either be like an aircraft carrier or sunk in a bottomless pit.

Anyone like to comment on whether they have issues or not with the airports Waleed has mentioned.

Thanks Shaun.

I am impressed, it looks fantastic, and I made up my mind a while back.

Let me ask you a few more questions just to be safe.

After installing fs global,

Would ultimate terrain europe be o.k.?

I like Switzerland pro, would it be o.k.?

Would Mega scenery work?

I do not have these, but was looking at them for the future.

Sorry for all the questions :)

Thanks Shaun.

I am impressed, it looks fantastic, and I made up my mind a while back.

Let me ask you a few more questions just to be safe.

After installing fs global,

Would ultimate terrain europe be o.k.?

I like Switzerland pro, would it be o.k.?

Would Mega scenery work?

I do not have these, but was looking at them for the future.

Sorry for all the questions :)

Salam Waleed,

The FS Global 2008 Package significantly improves the look of the terrain in FS. Its strickly makes the terrain match actual geographic elevations and provides the correct look for your eyes to make the landscape look real. It isn't a texture update/addon so there are no improvements strictly for that but, the entire FS world doesn't look cartoonish because of this update; infact it makes mountains look like mountains and not small sand dunes or little hills to your eyes. Furthermore, I have bought and used this product from the 2005 version for FS9. I now use the 2008 version in both FS9 & FSX. I also use it with most of the airports you've already mentioned and haven't had any problems at all, in FS9/FSX, seeing the airports sit correctly on the mesh. It doesn't affect most developers packages. However, as Shawn has already mentioned, some freeware sceneries like static aircraft carrier sceneries that have been aligned specifically to FS default mesh may cause some visual anomalies. ie. they may sit 100ft above the surface of the water and the water/rock-land seems to rise up and meet the carrier's base above the water line. These are strictly errors from the developer of the addon and not Pilot's FS Global team.

All in all the FS Global 2008 package has made my FS world more visually enjoyable. Perhaps it can do that for you too.

Good luck with your choice!

(...)I have bought and used this product from the 2005 version for FS9. I now use the 2008 version in both FS9 & FSX.(...)

Hi there,

i own the Global2005 Version, i'm totaly satisfied with it and i'm thinking about purchasing the 2008 Version for FS9.

Does ist make a differnace at all between the 2 Versions?

Is the new 2008 Version that much "better" in FS9 than the 2005 Version? (worth the money?)

Regardds,

Michael

Hi there,

i own the Global2005 Version, i'm totaly satisfied with it and i'm thinking about purchasing the 2008 Version for FS9.

Does ist make a differnace at all between the 2 Versions?

Is the new 2008 Version that much "better" in FS9 than the 2005 Version? (worth the money?)

Regardds,

Michael

Michael,

There is a significant level of detail improvements in the accuracy of terrain alignment especially near coast lines, Island bays, many hills and valleys. They actually improved on the mesh in several other areas as well including elevation issues related to water levels for seas, rivers, and mountain lakes. However, there is no reason for you to upgrade if you are satisfied with what you have. I wasn't planning on it for FS9; rather I had to because of FSX. The 2008 version happened to include a 2008 version for FS9 as well. After I uninstalled the 2005 and then installed the 2008 I noticed the differences. Down to the meter in distance and details. So, it was worth it to buy it for both.

Good Luck in your choice!

Hi James,

thank you for your answer, wich doesn't realy make it easier for me...;)

You don't have Pictures to compare with at any chance?

But i think it is better for me to "upgrade" to the 2008-Version, because it could be that i will update to FSX, when i can afford better Hardware...:)

Thanks in advance,

Michael