Aes Stopped Working With Vhhx

After installation and updating VHHX from Fly Tampa AES will not work. It doesn't even register that it's connected to FS9. Any ideas? I'll post this in the AES forum over at Aerosoft, but thought it best to post here, seeing the only thing I added was VHHX and added credits I bought from SimMarket. I've yet to uninstall and retry because I don't want to loose the credits I bought and applied to different airports. Any suggestions. By the way, this was posted on the Fly Tampa site too.

• Developer

Hi,

the installation of Flytampa itself, could not have any effect to AES. What did AES say, when you start AESHelp? Did you get any message?

Where is your Aircraft placed, when you try to "connect" AES?

AES initially said that there were multiple scenery entries and that it could be an issue and showed multiple entries of Harvey Monroe. It asked to fix it. I said cancel that (I hadn't seen that before), then it wanted to put itself at the top of the layers, I said OK. I went back into the scenery cfg file to find that I had multiple entries of Harvey Monroe (which I didn't before). So I deleted the extra one. I reopened AES, it said the same thing but now with Victoria Plus. I clicked OK for AES to delete the multi entry, clicked OK for it to be at the top. I then went into the scenery cfg to find that I now had multiple entries of Vic Plus (not there before, again). I deleted it. Reopened AES, it didn't say anything. And now it won't connect.

• Developer

Did you have Vista and the FS installed at c:\program files ?

Also please check, if you have scenery.cfg in that directory, where also the FS9.cfg is located. On german windows it is C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<username>\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\FS9

If so, please remove that one, because it could generate such problems with multible entries.

I'm running XP. FS is in Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

I've checked the scenery.cfg in the FS9 hidden directory, and it looks like there's an additional entry in the scenery.cfg file in the main FS9 folder (not the hidden one). AES has a double entry. This wasn't there before, and showed up on its own. I'd like to uninstall AES and reinstall it. If I do that will I lose my 20 bought credits?

UPDATE: I just deleted the last entry from my scenery.cfg file, which was the double AES. I started AES and it said that it was not installed in the scenery, would I like to do that, I clicked yes. Again, double entry. I also noticed that I now have about 10 AES (pre scenery edit cfg files). Is that normal?

• Developer

Hi,

the only needed and Valid Scenery.cfg is in the main directory of the FS. If you still have the other CFG, please remove that one, because this will generate the problem of double entries.

When AES will change something in the cfg (only looking for that one in the main FS dir) it makes a backupcopy before. So you can delete them, when all is fine.

But first, remove (or rename to *.old) the scenery.cfg in the hidden dir.

Well, no more double entries, thank you for that, however it didn't fix AES not connecting to FS9. I've restarted my machine, still nothing. the FS9 scenery.cfg file has one entry for AES and it's at the top. AES hasn't put out any warning when I start it.

• Developer

But you know, that the connect will only need for config the aircraft or so set the soundparameter.

And therefor your aircraft must be at a AES supported airport (checked in AESHelp). When you start AESHelp while your fs is started, but you have a non AES airport active, AEShelp can not connect.

For the normal use of AES (when you are flying), stop AESHelp.

But you know, that the connect will only need for config the aircraft or so set the soundparameter.

And therefor your aircraft must be at a AES supported airport (checked in AESHelp). When you start AESHelp while your fs is started, but you have a non AES airport active, AEShelp can not connect.

For the normal use of AES (when you are flying), stop AESHelp.

Oliver,

I'm starting at ACES installed airports, and still nothing. Ultimately, at this point, I'd like to re-install AES and start from scratch, however I don't want to loose the bought codes that I have (20 credits total, 12 used). I've looked in the manual but nothing mentions uninstall or re installing AES. Can I just reinstall over AES and keep my credits an installed airports?

I've tried opening the AES window in FS9 but all it does it open a new window with a random AI traffic in spot view. I'm thinking whatever module that allows AES to talk with FS9 isn't doing it. If you like I can email you my AES folder and the module as well as the VistaMare module.

• Developer

What has the AI Traffic todo with AES?

Make the following:

- Stop FS

- Start AESHelp

- Go to Airport list

- Check the box infront of EDDN Default (not GAP)

- Press save

- Start the FS

-Goto EDDN Airport default runway

- Now press the Ctrl-Shift-W key - Did the Followme Window opens ?

- If not, slew to the terminal: Did you see jetways and Docking systems ?

What has the AI Traffic todo with AES?

Make the following:

- Stop FS

- Start AESHelp

- Go to Airport list

- Check the box infront of EDDN Default (not GAP)

- Press save

- Start the FS

-Goto EDDN Airport default runway

- Now press the Ctrl-Shift-W key - Did the Followme Window opens ?

- If not, slew to the terminal: Did you see jetways and Docking systems ?

I was explaining the symptoms related to this... since AES is not working, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+W brings up a new window showing my plane or AI...

I've done the list you've made several times, even before you made the list and still nothing. Again, it's like AES doesn't know FS9 is started or something along those lines. There are no jetways, and no docking systems at ANY AES enabled airport.

OK, found a problem. I installed AES into a separate folder to compare it to my FS9 folder. There are 2 items missing in my FS9\Modules folder, they are ViMaIScn.DLL and ViMaCore2004.DLL. Could this be causing the problem?

• Developer

Ok,

this modules are needed. Normally AESHelp should check this on startup, maybe that does not work correct. I will check that. AEShelp also checkes the version of this files, because older addons can drowngrade them when they are installed (like Lago Emma Field). Maybe yours was removed, because uninstall of such a product.

But good that it works. Btw: the correct ViMa*.DLLs you can also find in the .\AES\DLLS\MODULES directory, there they are stored for backup, when they gone missed or downgrade somethimes.