Heathrow X Distances

AlexShorrock

Hi, I have seen the previous discussions and feel this may be similar, however I dont know if I want to go deleting Bgls incase the quality is lowered.

However, when looking from the cockpit view, even not so far out I get odd textures, but at the same time from the exterior view I can see the runway textures reasonably well. Also, when parked at a ramp the ground textures when in cockpit view Zoom level 0.30 were raised and unsightly, but from the outside and when zoomed in a little they were fine, is there a way to fix this. Images below show the first problem. :(

Thanks

Alex

2008_7_6_19_59_33_443.BMP

2008_7_6_19_59_36_835.BMP

Here are some more images, also what settings slider in fsx controls the level of detail on the jetways and buildings, as when I was tweaking i noticed a loss of detail in for example the HSBC logos , Welcome to London and the Bristish Airways logos. Thanks

P.S these images were taken at exactly the same time, at zoom level 0.30 and 0.39 respectively, I hope there is a fix as I'm used to flying at 0.30.

2008_7_7_11_2_30_887.BMP

2008_7_7_11_2_27_912.BMP

• Developer

HI,

I cannot open the BMP files here, but I´m pretty sure that removing HeathrowX/scenery/apron_fsx.bgl will do the trick.

This is an overlay providing longer visibility of the airport but with extrem zooms it causes some problems due to the LOD system of FSX.

Just remove it, you wont loose anything of the airport details.

Thorsten

Ok, thansks Thorsten, I have removed it and it all seems to work fine. This won't make the aircraft 'jump' or 'sink' into the taxiway when they are taxiiing?

Hello Alex,

Shouldn't have thought so.

I was wondering as with one addon it did, but it was an FS9 aircraft and is propably buggy at most places, due perhaps to incorrect contact points (?) the wheels never really look as theyre touching the ground! Thanks, Alex