Lord Howe Aerobatics

If you can brake fast enough  ;)

What I fairly doubt B)

The point is the runway is short, too short for any jet I think. And the isle is far from the coast. Maybe the default Lear can land there, but it's a challenge for sure.

Ben.

• 2 months later...

Interesting video, but surely such beautiful scenery as provided by the Lord Howe package would seem to me to lend itself better to the proverbial "low and slow" flying mindset. :unsure: Nonetheless, I did enjoy the video.

Ted

Yeah, getting jets into Lord Howe is relatively straight forward. If anyone is interested, follow the link (from the LH aerobatics vid) to another couple of videos I uploaded. The first shows a first stab at getting the F-16 into LH (I have a better one that may be uploaded by Mathijs in due course). The second is a Citation X getting into Courchevel - the last one was fairly tricky!

Yeah, I too am not so sure about the braking action - seems to be overly effective (something I find with most aircraft in MSFS). There's quite a delay in the reverse thrust coming in so most of it is down to the brakes and the slope. If I remember correctly Vref was something fairly low, circa 100kts. Again, questions about the realism, but was good fun to fly.

Cheers,