Problems With Leftovers

abaris

For quite some time I'm fighting with some aerosoft installers (Budapest the most prominent of them), which refuse to reinstal with the message "xxx is already installed, pleses deinstall first". Now I think, that there must be some hidden registry leftovers, but I'm running Vista 64 and I'm not yet entirely comfortable with the structure of the registry of the system. In short, I don't know where to look.

Has anybody encountered a similiar problem and was able to solve it?

For quite some time I'm fighting with some aerosoft installers (Budapest the most prominent of them), which refuse to reinstal with the message "xxx is already installed, pleses deinstall first". Now I think, that there must be some hidden registry leftovers, but I'm running Vista 64 and I'm not yet entirely comfortable with the structure of the registry of the system. In short, I don't know where to look.

Has anybody encountered a similiar problem and was able to solve it?

I assume that you have actually removed them, if not go to the control panel and remove them.

But you can download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility that will remove the installation of various programs,

hope this helps, if not I have no idea what to do :(

It's quite easy actually - I got this answer on another board and should have thought about that possibility long time ago.

You just have to move everything in program files (x86)/InstallShield Installation Infromation (hidden folder!!!) temporarily to a different folder. Then everything's working fine. The leftovers are actually there, but you would have a hard time finding the right ones. After the installation process is done, just move everything back, but don't overwrite the newly created folders.

That's about all and maybe it helps someone else running into that problem.