• Aerosoft

PFE has just been updated to version 2.0 Here's a list of the main changes and new things in version 2.0

• Full taxi instructions to/from the runway. i.e. ATC instructs you to.... "taxi to gate 27 via taxiway delta, bravo two, alpha one, charlie three"
  • Taxi Guidance System (TGS) which includes a new (optional) panel gauge. The new gauge points to the next taxi waypoint, displays a series of LED's to indicate the distance to the next taxi waypoint. TGS also includes AUDIBLE instructions from your VCP telling you... "next left into delta.... bear right into bravo two... straight on... gate 27 on the right"
  • Oceanic Procedures when flying to/from the US (over the pond) and between Gander/Shanwick controlled areas. This includes simulated HF radio transmissions using real world SELCAL sounds when ATC contact you. Your VCP will also radio through position reports at each intersection
  • An additional 1,000 new airline callsigns so you will actually hear the correct callsign rather than the abbreviated three letter airline icao code, but these would only be heard if using the new voice expansion pack.
  • Optional Voice Expansion pack offering an additional 59 newly (recorded specifically for PFE) regional voice sets. Once installed there are new PFE options that allow you to use just the new voice sets, the old ones or a combination of both. The new voice sets include a much wider vocabulary and as such some of the new features mentioned above will only be available when the Voice Expansion pack is installed. The new voice sets cover the following PF regions.... African, Arabian, Asian, Australian, British, Canadian, Caribbean, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latin American, Spanish and US
  • 'Push and Start' request options
  • Added additional info to traffic advisories... you will now hear the general heading of the AI aircraft plus the actual heading... as in, 'traffic at 2 o'clock, altitude 5,000, heading west two seven zero'
  • Added the ATIS frequencies for your departure and destination airports to the BRF file
  • Added the possibility of ATC giving you a 'no speed restriction' call, which basically lifts the maximum of 250 knots when flying below 10,000
  • Added more regional based ATC phraseology
  • Added the actual Gate number you're at when contacting clearance or ground. Eg. 'Clearance, Speedbird 2686 at Gate three zero, IFR, with information Mike'
  • Added wind speed and direction to ATC's takeoff clearance for both you and AI traffic
  • Added a new feature to PFE which will allow you to easily view and/or change any of your flight plan's waypoint altitudes rather than stepping through each one individually via PF options.
  • Added a new user option so you may choose if you wish to enforce tuning to ATIS prior to obtaining clearance.
  • You can now set your preference for when ATC gives you the Alt Baro reading for each of PF's 26 regions. By default these options will default to OFF so all readings will be given in hectopascals, so you will hear 29.92 rather than 1013. But now you can configure these options so you could hear different calls at your departure and destination airports if flying from one PF region to another.
  • Plus many more minor enhancements and fixes

You will find the update on the FAQ's/ Update section of our site. The update to 2.00 is free of charge!

profilghtemulator_3.jpg

Groetjes Mathijs,

Thanks for the good news. This looks like a major update! I purchased my copy of PFE Deluxe from Flight1.com in june 2007. Should I get this update from F1 or can I download it from here?

Edited: never mind Mathijs, I had forgotten about the "Check for Udates" button.... Update is completed now...discovering the new features.

Thanks

J.J.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

Braine-L'Alleud

Belgium

Ouch!! I went and let PFE update to v.2, then went out and purchased the voice addon package, but now I don't have any Pilot Voices at all in my options and don't know where to find them.

Is there something that I did wrong? :(

-- Bob

Never mind, I think I figured it out. I didn't notice when I installed the voice pack that it wants me to start and exit from ProFlight 2000. I thought it wanted me to do that to PFE. Once I started and exited from ProFlight 2000 everything is working now. Lots of new voices :)

--Bob

Never mind, I think I figured it out. I didn't notice when I installed the voice pack that it wants me to start and exit from ProFlight 2000. I thought it wanted me to do that to PFE. Once I started and exited from ProFlight 2000 everything is working now. Lots of new voices :)

--Bob

Ok, I have had RC4 for sometime now and like it but hear that PFE may be much better and would like to give it a try. I run multipe PCs on my system using WideFS from Pete Dowson. My question: can PFE be installed and run across a network using WideFS? Thanks. . .

Ok, I have had RC4 for sometime now and like it but hear that PFE may be much better and would like to give it a try. I run multipe PCs on my system using WideFS from Pete Dowson. My question: can PFE be installed and run across a network using WideFS? Thanks