Leeuwarden Airshow 2008 - (a Lot Of) Pics

VinFlyer

Last weekend (20-21 june) the annual RNLAF airshow (opendagen) where held at Leeuwarden AFB. Here are "some" pictures I wanted to share here. I hope you like them, a whole lot more can be seen here and here :D

Lancaster

IMG_0116.jpg

KLu F-16 solo demo display

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

NH-90

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

EF-18M Hornet Spanish Air Force

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

OV-10 Bronco

IMG_0620.jpg

BAF F-16 solo display

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

Mirage 2000 French Air Force

IMG_0806.jpg

RNLAF Bell 412 SAR

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

RNLAF F-16s

IMG_1010.jpg

RNLAF KDC-10

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

RNLAF CH-47D Chinook

IMG_1108.jpg

RNLAF AH-64D Apache

IMG_1123.jpg

Uhhhh....Remove Pin Before Flight?

IMG_1369.jpg

Holy Cr*p Vin, excellent :blink::D Good thing they only have enough fuel for the display and some. That F-18 would be able to land on full internal fuel, most likely. In the old days, a CC forgot to pull gear pins on one of 718 skv's T-33s, stationed at Sola. The poor pilots spent close to 1,5 hrs burning/dumping fuel near the airfield. Had it beed today it would have been a "major" environmental disaster. CC had to pay one "case", same as throwing up in the backseat......

NH-90 looks cool, looks English, everything strapped on the outside. It does not look good for Sola, NH-90s seem to be going North when they start arriving.

Best

Thanks, I'm glad with the result myself. For these pics I used the Canon EF 100-400L lens, big and heavy. I don't own one yet, this one was rented. But I might buy one now :D

I'm not sure what happened to the F-18's CC, that they didn't tell us. But I bet he had to buy one case or two :lol: That NH-90 is a nice looking chopper, from all kind of angles. Too bad for Sola that you won't be getting them. Will there be no rescue helicopters then anymore or will you keep the Sea Kings?

Hi Vin, well it remains to be seen but the government has decided to degrade it from a Flystasjon (Air Station) with a Colonel as CO to something below that with whatever as CO. 330 will be here with Sea Kings but 334, set to get NH-90s, will probably move. The 134 Wing status will be lost and it's pretty clear that a "non-wing" base won't get the new helos.

All support functions on the inside of the "hot fence" will still remain and, to be realistic, those are the ones doing a job... :rolleyes: So there'll still be interesting visitors and support for the "QRA on tour".

Election time in a years time so as in Nederland, things could change rapidly with change of power, and those that are there now, will go!

Best

• 2 months later...

The NH-90 is indeed an amazing helicopter, but still I'd have preferred the BAF here bought EH101's instead of the NH-90 - I don't know why, I just don't really like the NH...

Great pictures, Vincent! Which camera did you use by the way ?