Good Hardware For Fsx

vapor

Hey guys,

i'll buy a new pc for the next month and i'm looking for one, which works without any problems with FSX... could you give me a short feedback of your opinions... would be great

- Intel® Core™2 Duo Prozessor E8400 (2x 3.0GHz)

- 4096MB DDR2 Speicher Dual Channel 800MHz (PC6400)

- 750GB harddisk SATA

- 20x DVD Double Layer Brenner

- 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 9800GTX PCI-E

- ASUS® IPN73-BA Mainboard

http://www.one.de/shop/product_info.php?pr...&tab=1#tabs

but it's in german

is this system running with the FS or do you think I need another one?

Thank you

Greetings

I'd get a Quad for sure. You can get a Q6600 for pretty cheap, and they will hit 3.0Ghz on stock cooling and often times 3.5Ghz with $30 after market cooler. Its true a Quad will not boost you FPS, but it will surely boost the speed at which ground textures load in, which is important for low and slow, and especially low and fast fliers. Going from a dual to quad probably doubled my texture loading speed.

• Aerosoft
I'd get a Quad for sure. You can get a Q6600 for pretty cheap, and they will hit 3.0Ghz on stock cooling and often times 3.5Ghz with $30 after market cooler. Its true a Quad will not boost you FPS, but it will surely boost the speed at which ground textures load in, which is important for low and slow, and especially low and fast fliers. Going from a dual to quad probably doubled my texture loading speed.

Going from 2 CPU's to 4 CPU's should certainly boost your fps in FSX (as long as you did not do any of the silly cfg tweaks that are still advised on some sites).

I might be upgrading my dual core to a quad as well.

see if u can ge the Xeon version of it, it can take bit more heat, so more OC if u are into that. its roughly the same price, bout 10 dollar diff.

Sorry to barge in, but since you are on this topic,

I bought a q6600 2.4 quad core with a 9800gtx, and 4gb ocz ram, and am sadly using vista.

I use the E drive for my fs9, and fsx to get away from all the admin issues, and everything seems to work fine.

I just want to see if I understand correctly here, the quad core is running at perhaps 3.0ghz?

If so, should I get an aftermarket fan to speed it along?

I will not venture into overclocking, unless it is done so by the manufacturer. (My bfg 9800gtx, and ocz ram), but if something as easy as installing a fun does the job, then perfect.

I am using a 22inch hp widescreen at 5ms.

Thanks. :)