Dissapointed In Otter And Cheyenne

ooganblat

:angry: I purchased both the Twin otter and cheyenne software. I am very dissapointed with the reaction of the airplanes.

on startup they "freak out and start accelerating forward with brakes on! All of the default flight simulator planes run smoothly

these dont. i ask for help and i get none from the company...

i love the planes and the detail but i would really like an answer to this question

"why does the startup process send the plane bannanas?"

(both planes have extremely high rpms on startup and stay there moving the plane foreward uncontrolably)

also on the cheyenne when i move the engine conditioning on my yoke it moves the lever in the planes back and forth repeatedly.

can anyone help me

Well,

If this was a general problem, then these wouldn't be such a successful products as they are.

There are several things that could be happening. Like throttle issues in your joystick, bad calibration for example, FSUIPC wrong assignments, FS9 axis assignments, etc.

Please tell us what type of joystick are you using and how do you assign axis/ keys and calibrate them.

These are totally different airplanes in development (Pa-31 - Digital Aviation / TO - Aerosoft) so let's do this easy.

We are here to help!

Turboprops are finicky things, engines lag a lot. The cheyyene especialy behaves just as a real turboprop would, within the limits of fsx. The prop levers should not be at max or the plane will just pull away. When taxing its best to leave the throttle ( torqe ) at minimum and use the prop levers to taxi, i use a mouse wheel on my game pad to do that. Keep your prop levers at idle when starting they may be at max when you load plane.

I found, when you start the turboprop engines manually, they will always do strange things (go to maximum thrust for a short time, even if you have set the levers to idle). The only way is to set the parking brakes and feather the props. However, the Twinotter props will have a lot of pull even if set to feather. For me the only way to start up the seaplane Twinotter without floating around like crazy, was to use CTRL + E to start the engines. This way the seaplane will stay on its place.

Sounds like hot starts to me. Be sure you follow the check lists. Specifically with turbo-props, the starters have to get the engines turning at about 12% of N1 before the condition levers are engaged and the fires lit.

Glenn

i pretty much got the plane itself to work but the software is not working right.

i load a plane and try to change it once i start free flight. and it stops responding.

i also get a warning alot that says something like "user text" or something

I suggest you people "loose" some time reading the normal procedures for Turboprops engine startup.

In no way in the real world you should start your enginer with full prop or full mixture... do that in the real world and prepare to buy a new engine afterwards...