Bell 205 Huey

Greetings to Mathijs and Aerosoft team.

I an very exited to see that you are working on a Huey and a Vietnam version will be included. One of my all time favorate movies is Francis Ford Copolas "Apocalipse now"

released in 1979. You have probably seen it, if not I highly recommend you watch it. It has some fantastic Huey's in action scenes and was nominated for eight academy awards.

the raid on Vin Drin Drop on the Nung river played loud is awesome and it might give you some ideas for Vietnam missions or scenery. I would love to be able to re fly that raid with working

mini guns and rocket pods while playing Vagners "Ride of the Valkaries" Check out Lt Col Kilgore in the back and the gunship with huge speakers and surboards on the

skids, just great stuff in my world ! Looking forward to it.

Regards, Busterbvi.

• 4 weeks later...

What a joke.... With the amount of work going into this thing it sounds like a frame rate junkie. We've been waiting over a year for this thing. I will be genuinely astounded if it gets released before FSX is used about as much as FS98 is now. get it together guys, or it will be obsolete before it ever comes out.

Nice comment Tom. The Cat took well over a year before it was released and nobody complained when it was released. Quality takes time when there isn't a team behind the development, take a look at the recently released L-39. It took one man 14 months to build it, and I for one am very happy he did. Learn patience my friend.

• Upvote 3

Nice comment Tom. The Cat took well over a year before it was released and nobody complained when it was released. Quality takes time when there isn't a team behind the development, take a look at the recently released L-39. It took one man 14 months to build it, and I for one am very happy he did. Learn patience my friend.

*applause*

*applause*

I,ve contributed enough to aerosoft to warrant a little impatience.

My Order History

Order Number: 149048 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Friday 14 August, 2009

Billed To: Thomas Vaillencourt Products: 1

Order Cost: US$45.43

Order Number: 115523 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Sunday 15 February, 2009

Order Cost: US$30.27

Order Number: 99200 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Friday 07 November, 2008

Order Cost: US$19.25

Order Number: 97357 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Monday 27 October, 2008

Order Cost: US$31.37

Order Number: 73047 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Sunday 18 May, 2008

Order Cost: US$22.07

Order Number: 72971 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Saturday 17 May, 2008

Order Cost: US$19.59

Order Number: 61331 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Monday 03 March, 2008

Order Cost: US$35.67

Order Number: 58396 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Monday 11 February, 2008

Order Cost: US$24.32

Order Number: 52723 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Sunday 06 January, 2008

Order Cost: US$30.93

Order Number: 34554 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Tuesday 04 September, 2007

Order Cost: US$22.85

Order Number: 34489 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Monday 03 September, 2007

Order Cost: 16.76EUR

Order Number: 86812 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Wednesday 03 September, 2008

Order Cost: US$24.37

Order Number: 84092 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Saturday 09 August, 2008

Order Cost: US$47.86

Order Number: 82189 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Tuesday 22 July, 2008

Order Cost: US$19.91

Order Number: 81833 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Saturday 19 July, 2008

Order Cost: US$34.56

Order Number: 74189 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Monday 26 May, 2008

Order Cost: US$30.39

Order Number: 73881 Order Status: Delivered

Order Date: Saturday 24 May, 2008

Order Cost: US$46.26

Total: 17 orders $485.10US + $16.76EUR

PLEASE FINISH THE 205 ALREADY!!!

While you guys are waiting for the Aerosoft Huey you could try one of these newly released Bells.

The new Nemeth Designs UH1

http://nemethdesigns.com/uh1.html

and

Cera bell 412 EP

http://www.cerasimaircraft.com/bell_412_fsx.html

I don't have the Nemeth chopper, but I bought the Cera 412 and its really nice.

My Order History

Total: 17 orders $485.10US + $16.76EUR

PLEASE FINISH THE 205 ALREADY!!!

It could be $10.000, it still doesn't justify the attitude.

The new Nemeth Huey is great, but since I love this model I'll get any helis that are released.

• Upvote 2

Do you know how much these cost to develop? Your $500 contribution wouldn't even cover purchasing a base model pre-done, much less additional work. Many of these guys are not "career designers", and even if they are, they still have obligations outside of here. How many times have we heard people complain about certain developers releasing a product that crashes and is full of bugs and glitches...requiring a v1.1 patch less than 2 days after release?? Then there are ones that are hurried through development leading to a model being released that is not worth much because it looks too "computer-y"?? Pushing these guys is part of why some designers that HAVE the talent hate the job. Please try to respect that while your contributions are noted, they do not give you the right to be disrespectful to those who provide the services. Doing so will do nothing to further your cause, and may serve to secure that designer's disdain for the "vocal minority" and push him out of future releases.

Frankly, I'm glad that I can purchase an Aerosoft product without worrying about extensive updates being required shortly after release. I also am glad that I can buy them and know that I am getting a QUALITY product. My own purchase list of Aerosoft has been a long list, but I do not feel the need to go into a "bragging rights". My contributions may or may not equate to $500. I don't really know, and either way, it is just a part of what this overall group has done. I will continue to buy as long as Aerosoft maintains it's present stance on quality products, quality customer service, and friendly forum members.

Thank you to CMP for the Nemeth Designs link. I will definitely grab that one. Of course, I'll still buy the Aerosoft product on release as I support those that I believe in, and I've almost never been disappointed with an Aerosoft release. Furthermore, never before have I seen a company as dedicated to their customers, as well as using their status to help raise money towards humanitarian efforts. Keep it up!! And thank you to the designer. The time invested will almost certainly equate to a product that while many of us foam at the mouth...we will all be sure to enjoy it for a long time to come!!!

Jon

• Upvote 3

I'm a bit disappointed about the Nemeth heli. As far as I can see it hasn't the system depth I would like to have from an addon. I really hope this will not disturb the Aerosoft release. Take the time you need to get this bird finished. I think this will get a good release and I hope the project will not be end up before it is finished... :(

• Upvote 1

All I can say to the last words.

It will not.

It just takes some time.

I really want to make it looking very well, and I am sure, you'll like it.

The Glider will be released September 4th, and after that I will concentrate all my work on the huey.

So you'll see some process soon.

Bests Joachim

Hey I'm just saying... lets not forget what were all doing here. Reality check... Its a downloadable helicopter for flight SIMULATOR... for crying out loud. You could build a REAL huey in less time.

• Upvote 1

Hey I'm just saying... lets not forget what were all doing here. Reality check... Its a downloadable helicopter for flight SIMULATOR... for crying out loud. You could build a REAL huey in less time.

Yes. In a factory with 500+ workers.

Not as a single designer.

So keep cool, if you really need a nice model take Cera´s Bell 412. You even have to run up the model manually, not by Crtl-E.

And patiently look forward Aerosoft´s masterpiece-to-be (as usual).

• Upvote 4

You're right. Lets not forget what we are doing. *WE* aren't doing anything...the designers are. You could build a real huey because all those plans are made already and it's all laid out and there are many employees working together *AND GETTING PAID TO WORK*. The pay for the Aerosoft Huey development doesn't start until the product is released. This is the equivalent to designing a new helicopter. You need to build the "parts", put them together, check and see how they look, make models that animate the moving parts, create the sounds, link the switches, create the flight dynamics, test the flight dynamics, add bump mapping and self shadowing, remove glitches, develop alternate paints and paint kits, write the manuals, and more. In addition to all of that some people have to hold down jobs outside of this, because the $30-40 they're going to charge you is a drop in the bucket compared to the costs involved and believe it or not, designers are people too, and some of them actually have families. So in addition to doing all of this, which you seem to think should take a matter of weeks, they also need to carry out their "regular" lives (if applicable), and also fulfill family obligations. By your attitude, I would assume you to be single, so I will explain. Women, especially married ones, need to actually see their significant other (regardless of how significant) at some point. Disappearing into a computer-filled 'man-cave' for months on end is detrimental to a marriage, and is harder yet if there are children involved. These little ankle biters have a hard time understanding that daddy (or mommy) cannot make their baseball game to watch them hit the home run like everyone else's parents because they're slaving away looking at C++ coding (or whatever coding is needed) to appease an impatient and downright rude customer who will result in approximately 1% of their 'return income'.

Sir, at the risk of being rude, your statements are grossly out of line and I feel drastically inflate your "contributions". Were you investing thousands in EACH project I could understand your frustration and stomach your comments, but despite the civil efforts of members here to point out that they could be delivering a crap product to you right away, you insist in doing nothing to resolve the issue aside from throwing an "internet temper tantrum". Since obviously you are an expert in how long it should take to do it right and do it well, I suggest that you invest in 3Dmax and start your own version. I have been involved in some of the "behind the scenes" on projects, and understand why these take a while. And as I said before, they could release a pathetic Huey in the matter of a few months, and I'm certain that your voice would be in the chorus of malcontents wanting a refund for releasing a fantastic piece of trash. I, for one, would rather invest my money in a worthwhile project, even if it does take a while to develop.

Jon

• Upvote 4

I wonder if, perhaps, this thread has sat to the point of stagnation and, perhaps, ought to be closed until Aerosoft provides further information.

Just my thought ;)

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry but, I do not see the reasoning behind your post unless you have failed to either read the first post by Mathijs fully and digested it, or the post prior to yours by Chaser!

Why close the topic? Why should either Mathijs or Aerosoft provide further information? If you read the Forums and Topics within, there are a number of them where Mathijs has explained the intricacies of how a project is born through to release. Also, if your reading the posts/topics call them what you like then you will see that the person who is working on the project is also working on the Discus, unless I am reading that particular project wrong!

For those impatient folk out there, just chill out and wait for the release, enough said :)

• Upvote 2

I have read the thread and the later posts are why I think it ought to be closed ;)

People have started arguing and bickering. I didn't mean close it permanently, anyway, just temporarily until an update.

Hope I wasn't taken wrong :(

Kevin

...For the record I am married, with children, and between all my real flying, of real airplanes, and real helicopters, and taking care of my family, I admittedly am a little impatient when it comes to these things. I'm not trying to be rude, or offend anyone which I obviously have, I just hate it when these things are announced as if they will be released any day, and then years go by. Actually I can't really say I hate that, because it really never happens. ...except in this case. Thanks for the lecture, but I am entitled to my opinion, and really couldn't care less what you think about it.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

...For the record I am married, with children, and between all my real flying, of real airplanes, and real helicopters, and taking care of my family, I admittedly am a little impatient when it comes to these things. I'm not trying to be rude, or offend anyone which I obviously have, I just hate it when these things are announced as if they will be released any day, and then years go by. Actually I can't really say I hate that, because it really never happens. ...except in this case. Thanks for the lecture, but I am entitled to my opinion, and really couldn't care less what you think about it.

Just sit tight and get a coffee/beer gents. The glider project will be closed this week and then we'll have the resources for the Huey. Both these projects are fully on schedule.

Just sit tight and get a coffee/beer gents. The glider project will be closed this week and then we'll have the resources for the Huey. Both these projects are fully on schedule.

I'm sorry for the impatience, and for the resulting bickering. I think alot of us are a little on edge with this thing. It appears to be a revolutionary model for FS aircraft of any kind, and I think I speak for alot of us real helicopter pilots when I say its been a long time coming, and were anxious. its just too bad that the systems modeling will be hampered by the limitations of the sim. we are always looking for realistic startup and shutdown procedures, and for realistic emergency situations to practice realistic emergency procedures on. The visual model will be stunning... from Spot view. Hopefully the sound will be immersive, But what were really dying for is a accurate tail rotor failure or for the love of god a realistic autorotation. Notable differences between HIGE and HOGE. These shortcomings of the sim will always haunt us.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I'm sorry for the impatience, and for the resulting bickering. I think alot of us are a little on edge with this thing. It appears to be a revolutionary model for FS aircraft of any kind, and I think I speak for alot of us real helicopter pilots when I say its been a long time coming, and were anxious. its just too bad that the systems modeling will be hampered by the limitations of the sim. we are always looking for realistic startup and shutdown procedures, and for realistic emergency situations to practice realistic emergency procedures on. The visual model will be stunning... from Spot view. Hopefully the sound will be immersive, But what were really dying for is a accurate tail rotor failure or for the love of god a realistic autorotation. Notable differences between HIGE and HOGE. These shortcomings of the sim will always haunt us.

Humor me, whats the procedure for a lost tail rotor?

I understand auto rotations and in fact have experienced them a few times (had a friend who make loved doing that). But no idea on the tail rotor thing.

Let me tell you something about that.

I fly model helicopters for a long time, and sorry James what you have written is not fully right.

The tailrotor prevents spinning of the fuselage, but it prevents to spin against rotor direction. This is torque. The driven thing goes the one direction and the thing what drives the driven thin into the other (lol, what a broken english) :D

For example. You have a left turning system. Then normally your tailrotor is on the left side and blows to the left. That pushes the tail to the right, and the nose to the left, to prevent right spinning of the fuselage.

This is normal flight.

I don't know how it is in man carrying choppers, but if you have a tailrotor failure in a RC chopper you can't do anything else than killing the engine as soon as possible and try an autorotation. This is normally deadly, because once spinning the fuselage will not stop.

As I said before, I have no clue about reallife procedures, I just know how a chopper flies, and how are things related to each other in such a system.

Bests Joachim

I think you should.

Or choose not to express it, lest it gives those reading it an opportunity to assume for themselves the credibility, maturity and intelligence of the person expressing it. What you so conspicuously fail to grasp is that the right to an opinion is not the same thing as the right to express it, and if you do exercise some perceived `right to express` you must also accept that others will express their rights to opine about you and yours. And in replying you may only serve to reinforce their opinion of your opinion.

Just think on that before rushing to keyboard, will you..?

• Upvote 1