Bell 205 Huey

Joachim, I guess I did respond as if it was the forums fault. Wasn't meaning to come across like that, although I was a little miffed at the time. My apology. My email count (notifications) were as many as hit here

...... So this Huey will come to see the light finally? Good deal.

You write it, as it is our fault...

Realease is not long time. The product is 99% finished. Only a few bugs to solve. Nothing serious. It should be around until end of next week. Maybe earlier.

Bests Joachim

I'm not 100% sure if i should buy it yet, would you please show us some more VC screenshots and could you tell me if it's possible to fly the Huey with the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke? My Joystick broke down this week and so i would have to fly it with my Yoke. Can you tell me how much more difficould this is please?

Thx

Emi

• Aerosoft

I'm not 100% sure if i should buy it yet, would you please show us some more VC screenshots and could you tell me if it's possible to fly the Huey with the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke? My Joystick broke down this week and so i would have to fly it with my Yoke. Can you tell me how much more difficould this is please?

Thx

Emi

Nick will do the official screen shot session this afternoon and will make my images looks like baked shit, but here are a few images I just made while testing a few things.

post-43-031364400 1295460848_thumb.jpg

post-43-074122400 1295460856_thumb.jpg

post-43-044683900 1295460869_thumb.jpg

post-43-003556500 1295460890_thumb.jpg

post-43-033490300 1295460903_thumb.jpg

Pretty fine frame rates as well...

Nick will do the official screen shot session this afternoon and will make my images looks like baked shit, but here are a few images I just made while testing a few things.

Pretty fine frame rates as well...

They still look pretty damn good to me!rolleyes.gifsmile.gif

release it, release it, release it, great Job. Looks awesome.

Maybe i´m wrong, but in the German Huey is the Panellight red !?!

You're wrong. Panel lights are green (525nM) due to NVG compabillity.

Bests Joachim

Waow !! Your Huey is absolutely wonderful ! It's my best chopper ... His sound is so sweet .. I think this is the best helicopter for FS ! When I'll have the right machine, I'll buy FSX and directly after , the Bell. Do you think in the future, you , Aerosoft, will make the turn to X-Plane ? It's a shame to see a perfect helicopter like that , with all things in High Quality 3D and the bad helicopter of Flight Model in FSX .. Go to : http://www.pilote-vi...ic.php?id=19809 and see the best Bell 206 Jet Ranger ever made for Flight Simulation !

The dodosims working at a Huey too, but this since 4 long years

• Aerosoft

Waow !! Your Huey is absolutely wonderful ! It's my best chopper ... His sound is so sweet .. I think this is the best helicopter for FS ! When I'll have the right machine, I'll buy FSX and directly after , the Bell. Do you think in the future, you , Aerosoft, will make the turn to X-Plane ? It's a shame to see a perfect helicopter like that , with all things in High Quality 3D and the bad helicopter of Flight Model in FSX .. Go to : http://www.pilote-vi...ic.php?id=19809 and see the best Bell 206 Jet Ranger ever made for Flight Simulation !

Ho ho... the basic flight model for helicopters might not be perfect in FSX but that does not mean we use that for this Huey. In fact if we would not have been able to make it better we would not have started on this project. Included in this project is a special DLL that alters how FSX handles helicopters. Here is part of the manual on that:

The biggest problem of helicopters in FSX is the simple fact the flight modeling is very limited. We solved this by including a separate module that corrects many (if not all) of these problems.

• Torque induced yaw added
  • Stabilized rotor head simulation added
  • Control travels in hover and cruise flight corrected
  • Tail rotor effectiveness corrected
  • Retreating blade stall
  • Control effectiveness depending on hydraulics pressure

The Huey has been tested by four pilots with in total thousands of hours. They assure us the behavior in flight is very accurate. And they assure us that compared to other helicopters in FSX (or X-plane) this Huey X is in a class of it's own. Please note that vortex ring state (VRS) is NOT included because the Huey does not suffer from this dangerous condition.

I am willing to put the flight model of this Huey up to any Huey (heck ANY helicopter) in X-Plane. I am not saying it can not be done in X-Plane (though I am unsure about some of the things we done), but I am saying it HAS not been done. When it is done we'll gladly compete. When the graphics get a whopping lot better it might even look as good. Sorry to post something so venomous, but the comparison in the original post is not correct. I wish the French crew of the X-Pane project all the best and I think they will do something very good. When they find one real helicopter pilot who flown both models in real life and in the sim and tell us th one in X-plane is better we'll even agree that that's a fact. Right now we claim we solved the flight model limitations of FSX and got that at the same realism (or better) then X-Plane. And we are sure that in graphics and systems this helicopter is more advanced.

With all due respect, just compare the images.