Bell 205 Huey

One screen of the VC in its current state. Still many many things are missing.

Cheers Joachim

Awesome, looks better than the Nemeth Beta Huey wink.gif Can´t wait wacko.gif

Awesome, looks better than the Nemeth Beta Huey wink.gif Can´t wait wacko.gif

Agreed. Recently gone back onto Helicopters after buying the Dodosim 206 and nearly all the Nemeth birds for FSX, I'd be very interested in this if the flight dynamics were good. At the moment it's a toss up between this and the Dodo Huey. If this comes out first you'll have my custom for sure.

Tony

• Aerosoft

Agreed. Recently gone back onto Helicopters after buying the Dodosim 206 and nearly all the Nemeth birds for FSX, I'd be very interested in this if the flight dynamics were good. At the moment it's a toss up between this and the Dodo Huey. If this comes out first you'll have my custom for sure.

Tony

We'll stay around 25 Euro (plus EEC VAT when applicable) so perhaps you might even decide to get both. I am sure they will both have very good aspects.

• Upvote 1

We'll stay around 25 Euro (plus EEC VAT when applicable) so perhaps you might even decide to get both. I am sure they will both have very good aspects.

bring it out now, i buy it laugh.gif

• Deputy Sheriffs

Indeed very nice. thought about it several times but:

Huey skids ARE very solid. I doubt that they "flex" noticeable and I am not sure about "gear compression" on skid contact points. I remember almost 100% that this is not possible (we tried something with the flexing wings of the discus wich have skids)

Bests Joachim

If by "solid" you mean they have zero deflection under normal operations, I disagree, based on personal experience as a UH-1H crew chief in Viet Nam. From my vantage point in the "well" (alongside the transmission facing out and behind an M-60), there was visible outwards latereal motion as the weight of the helo was transfered from the rotor disk to the skids. Granted, that flex was all in the cross tubes, but the point is that the skids as a whole assembly were not completely rigid. Another way you could see it was when we'd hoist the entire helo with a 5 ton wrecker (big tow truck) to perform maintenance on the cross tubes, saddle straps (what holds the cross tubes in place) or replace a bent skid. I no longer remember the difference between dimentions with the ship suspended and when the full weight was on the skids, but it was easily measurable. Indeed, the maintenance manual (US Army TM 55-1520-210-20 - the organizational maintenance manual) contained skid-to-skid maximum dimention limitations to acount for hard landings and the resultant permanant deformation of the cross tubes.

That said, I honestly can't see a reason to program this motion into the sim. I'm simply trying to point out that the landing gear (after all, that's what it is) is not a perfectly rigid structure.

As an aside, while I no longer have my -20 maintenance manual handy, I still have a vintage (May 1969) TM 55-1520-210-10 Operator's Manual for the UH-1H. I assume you have access to one considering the masterful modeling you've done, but if a loan of several months would be of use (check lists, color performance charts, etc), just PM me and I'd be happy to get it into your hands. I'm really looking forward to flying an old friend.

Thank you Herman, of course there is a slight movement, but I would say not noticeable fromthe outside view. And with this not worth the trouble we get into, if we consider doing this. One time more we must say FSX is to stupid for it. At least under normal conditions.

I had an idea for this but only for choppers with better flexing skids, nobody would notice in the Huey.

Cheers Joachim

Naw stuff the Dodo, I'll buy yours :lol: Got major problems with SWREG at the moment, charging a different amount to the amount they said was to be paid.

NEVER had those problems here at Aerosoft so I'll buy yours when it comes out. I read every single post here over the last couple of days and someone recommended the Cera 412. I bought that one and it is very nice. One thing I noticed though, and I'm not sure if this was in any posts (memory like a fish), the Cera didn't do a version with Floats! Will your version have floats? I only ask because of the Maldives X scenery I bought. It would nice to fly this bird round the Maldives and be able to land at the water airports. Doesn't matter if it wont have floats, because you can land on the islands anyway.

Tony

• Aerosoft

Naw stuff the Dodo, I'll buy yours :lol: Got major problems with SWREG at the moment, charging a different amount to the amount they said was to be paid.

NEVER had those problems here at Aerosoft so I'll buy yours when it comes out. I read every single post here over the last couple of days and someone recommended the Cera 412. I bought that one and it is very nice. One thing I noticed though, and I'm not sure if this was in any posts (memory like a fish), the Cera didn't do a version with Floats! Will your version have floats? I only ask because of the Maldives X scenery I bought. It would nice to fly this bird round the Maldives and be able to land at the water airports. Doesn't matter if it wont have floats, because you can land on the islands anyway.

Tony

Let's not use this forum to speak bad about others right? (or in other words do not follow my bad lead).

An interesting aspect of your lights would be the illumination

of clouds,snow and rain when flying/approaching in really bad weather.

This would give a real IFR-feeling...

Did you test this yet in any way?

Regards,

Timo

Let's not use this forum to speak bad about others right? (or in other words do not follow my bad lead).

Fair comment Mathijs, won't happen again :blush:

The lights look pretty good J.Schweigler, that would be very cool.

I've got the Dodo 206 with floats, and yeah it looks okay, but I've seen a Huey with "emergency" floats (like inflatable airbags you toggle on and off), and I thought that would be handy that's all :D Not really fussed though, you're the developer and you do what ever you think is best. Then I'll do my best to keep it in one piece the right side up :D

Guys, we really have to reinvent the wheel.

The light technique we use is that strong, that it illuminates everything. You can place your bird in the space, and light down to the earth and whohaaa, YOU are the sun! really it is an awesome light. But not real :(

So we have to limit it in distance. We are working on this at the moment and I think we got pretty good results now. FSX is so damn limited, that we must simply accept some things, but more on this later if we are 100% sure, what can be done and what can't.

But look at the screen below. You see it looks pretty real, and it even lights snow and so on. You really should see it in action. :lol:

Bests Joachim

• Upvote 1

But look at the screen below. You see it looks pretty real, and it even lights snow and so on. You really should see it in action. laugh.gif

Bests Joachim

Thats pretty realistic. Very cool.

Cant wait to test fly this helicopter.

Regards

Steve

• Upvote 1