What Is The Difference Between Fs2crew & Fdc Live Cockpit

ArnoldVDH

I have FDC Live Cockpit at home but I have also been considering FS2Crew.

Could someone please explain the difference to me or are they by and large very much the same thing?

Thank you.

Arnold.

Guest Hodge001

Hi Arnold

I have FDC Live installed, and have used FS2Crew in FS9, in very general terms as you know FDC Live is more or less a generic co-pilot that can handle most of the systems in the aircraft and can be added to any aircraft, FS2Crew is VERY aircraft specific and from memory (I fly FSX now, and as yet do not have the FSX versions) it is very impressive in that you not only get your own virtual co-pilot that handles all the functions that a real world co-pilot would, but you also get interactive cabin and ground staff, which can all add up to some good fun, but as I said it is very aircraft specific.

Hope it helps

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Arnold

I have FDC Live installed, and have used FS2Crew in FS9, in very general terms as you know FDC Live is more or less a generic co-pilot that can handle most of the systems in the aircraft and can be added to any aircraft, FS2Crew is VERY aircraft specific and from memory (I fly FSX now, and as yet do not have the FSX versions) it is very impressive in that you not only get your own virtual co-pilot that handles all the functions that a real world co-pilot would, but you also get interactive cabin and ground staff, which can all add up to some good fun, but as I said it is very aircraft specific.

Hope it helps

Jim Hodkinson

Comparing FDC to FS2Crew or any other co-pilot program is an apples to oranges thing, which makes comparisons very difficult.

But I'll try to explain FS2Crew for you:

FS2Crew does customized versions for each aircraft, usually the higher-end 3rd stuff like the PMDG or Flight1 aircraft, etc.

We opted for this approach because we feel it's only way we can get a very high level detail, and model crew procedures that are truly specific to that aircraft. To go generic would result in too much detail being sacrificed in our estimation.

The other reason reason we do customized, single versions is because getting the virtual flight crew to interface with the host aircraft in a meaningful way is difficult: it usually requires a one-on-one approach given that most high-end 3rd party aircraft do not rely on the MSFS SDKs, but rather use 'custom variables' that are often not accessible to 3rd parties.

So each aircraft needs to be treated as a unique case, and dealt with in the context of its own particular circumstances.

Hope that helps,

Bryan York

Developer - FS2Crew

http://www.fs2crew.com

fs2crew_dev.jpg